Overpowered Orchid, Xiang Mei

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by EoTN, Mar 30, 2016.

1. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Can someone tell me of a typical Latent set-up for Orchid teams? Does she need someone with Rainbow on her team?

2. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, one sub with rainbow resist is usually a good idea because 100% gravities are a thing.
    I personally take 1 Orchid with 3 sdr and 2 RCV, one Orchid with 5 RCV (but it probably won't hurt to give it at least 2 sdr as well), and then 10 fingers and the 5 resist awakenings divided on my other subs.

LazarusPD likes this.
  3. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Yeah, Gadius gets at least blue and dark to protect against the main 100% gravities. (I'll be giving him light as well just in case for Sonia Gran.) Everyone else gets 2 SBR and 3 TE or RCV. I'll be going for TE as the team heals well enough as is, but an extra half second on a team with zero... pretty good IMO.

4. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    I see. Urd is taking Gadius' place on my team right now, so she'll have rainbow. I'll put TE on other things. One of my Uriels has Auto-Heal at the moment (didn't have box space to keep them), but I'll replace them with TE's.

5. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Well, the only reason they go on Gadius specifically is he's unbindable, so the awakenings are always up. Hera Is has a bind attack followed by a 30% chance to 100% gravity you IIRC, so having a blue resist on a bind-proof card can save your bacon. Urd's a fine choice, but then, so is any other card on the team, so it doesn't matter where the latents go.

grinder and LazarusPD like this.
  6. relicss

relicss Active Member

Saw new technical did not know what to expect but chit was kinda too easy everything was one shotted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LazarusPD and samuelburtt like this.
  7. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Wow, solo clear!! Not to downplay your achievement or anything, but I've heard the difficulty varies massively depending on the spawns you happen to get? Not sure how true that is or not, but I've only heard nightmare stories about this dungeon so this seems like a big achievement! :)

8. Ngmyster

Ngmyster Member

User ID:
    I can't even clear arena 2 in coop these past 2 days. Well done

9. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, so I've purchased you yu and I still have 250k mp. My XM team right now is:
    XM[Urd] (will be Saria once max lvl), Uriel, Uriel, Gadius, RRH[Orochi].
    Given RRHs upcoming buff, does a second XM make sense, considering I likely won't be getting a third for a full system? I'm torn, since I already have ideal yomidra, nepdra, radra, and you yu teams, and neither plum nor chrysanthemum appeal... If I don't get a 2nd XM, I'll probably get a puppeteer. Thoughts?

10. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For what is worth, the current Ideal team for arena 2 or 3 (don't remember which one) I believe is 3 XM, 2 Uriel and 1 Gadius. So it seems like a reasonable purchase if you are interested in nothing else.

11. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I get that, but I don't see myself purchasing a third XM. Given that, my question is whether a second XM represents a noticeable upgrade over RRH. I can clear Arena 1 about 70% of the time with my current setup.

12. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    3 XM total, so you only need 2.

Dsr13 likes this.
  13. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

IMO, two Orchids is better than 3, especially for Arena where you need to be able to guarantee red orbs multiple turns in a row, and having 4 heart spawns on the team REALLY limits your options. Granted, I've never actually cleared Arena, so take it with a grain of salt, but at least for Arena 3, Orchid/Orchid/Uriel/Uriel/Gadius is THE solo team. http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/solo-clear-guide-links-to-arena-3.93720/ (IDK about what is best for co-op though, so you might wanna look into that, as Co-Op is much easier. Still really damn hard, but much easier.)

So, I vote that a second XM would improve your team overall, and that you'd never need a third. Although, GH will likely release a second set of 250K MP cards, just like they released the Marionettes, so it MAY be best to hold off for a little while, but there's no way to know for sure, so pros and cons for waiting...

Jchunksgt and Dsr13 like this.
  14. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My math=bad

15. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks! That actually solidifies it for me. I've been getting a lot of flampys from arena 1, so I'll at least be able to skill, level and evolve her by her next rotation. Since SI let's me put hades on luci for yomidra arena, and I have a +297 SL 12 mzeus, I'm thinking I can feed her my hypermax stratios.

LazarusPD likes this.
  16. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One recommendation against that - if you plan making a Mir team when NA gets that, you'll need a Stratios as one of the evo materials. I used mine to get that and 297 Mir at the same time.

17. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thx but no desire to endure that hell, lol.

Jph81 likes this.
  18. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yeah the way @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa made it sound you can hack the game and have 7 monsters on your team. He's a noob. lol :confused: You only need to have 2 XM of your own.

19. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yup and not buying 3 was one of the best decisions I made in my PAD life. I even begin to think I hypered Mitsuki for nothing since I don't use her either. Double Uriel is too good.

Jchunksgt and CloudStrife like this.
  20. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

I regret buying my third Orchid a bit... however stalling infinitely anywhere you don't get oneshot CAN be quite fun at times :p

Still, relying entirely on natural orbs (IE, orbs from skyfall, not from actives) is a big problem with the system IMO. And while that's fine for most content, when it comes down to it, I don't feel comfortable running the team in hard content like MHera and onwards. In fact, 10+ tries at MHera with the system with no luck, one try with 2 Orchid 2 Uriel, and I one stoned it. (Would have been a no stone if my Zeta Hydra was max skilled. Way too stressful a dungeon for me right now, so I've yet to try again.)

Jchunksgt likes this.