Overpowered Orchid, Xiang Mei

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by EoTN, Mar 30, 2016.

1. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I personally don't have Saria, so I run Sun Quan and look for Saria friends.
    I guess you could look at what most of your friends have and use the other? I see most people having Saria/SQ/Arcline with some rarer cases of Orochi/Urd/Sanada

2. -Nyx-

-Nyx- Member

User ID:
    I just recently (aka yesterday) made the lucky pull of Uriel that will allow me to actually build an XM team. I have the MP to pick up 3 XMs when she rolls around again but I've read that sometimes that's not always the best choice. Rolling more at the moment isn't an option so I'm looking at my current sub pool and trying to decide if it's better to just grab that third XM or use something in my box for that final group spot.

Other options I have available: Mitsuki, NY Mitsuki, Red Valk, Lalia. Not the most stout lineup of alternatives, I know...Would I just be better off with that third XM?

3. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    I would run:
    Orchid/Orchid/Uriel/Gadius/NY Mitsuki/Orchid (Friend)

R Valk is not a good option because it breaks hearts.

CloudStrife likes this.
  4. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yes I agree with Lazarus. 3 Orchids seems like it is a waste in retrospect based on what people are actually running with. Only buy 2 and save your MP. If you change your mind you can always pick up a third XM in the future. Hopefully you roll another Uriel in the future or even a second Gadius even though 2 Uriels are better than 2 Gadius.

5. NoriKimori

NoriKimori New Member

Hey guys, I would like to ask for some assistance on my Xiang Mei team.

I'm almost to my third Xiang, with Gadius and Uriel. (Have been on a break)
    What latents are most of you using, for stages like Mech Zeus or Arena 2?
    And what skill inherit should I transfer to be optimum.
    I have 2 Saria, 1 extra gadius, Orochi, Urd, Genie, awoken Ra, NY mitsuki.
    Sadly I never got Alkaline for 2.5x healer damage, I do have awoken Freyr though.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Edit: I apologize, I literally just came across this guys channel, seems to have loads of good stuff, I just don't know what he's saying XD
    Sorry, I tried posting it and ran into errors everytime, the name is Japanese and I can't post links.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  6. AliceIsDead

AliceIsDead naah brah

PADherder:
    link
    Is it a good idea to inherit Mamiya with A.Ra for PreDras?

7. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had the good fortune to carry a low-level player through Jörmungandr last night with my Xiang Mei team. Other team was Gadius/Kiriko/NYMitsuki/2 cards I didn't recognize or don't remember - all unawakened and unevolved and mostly below level 40.

8. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

I carried my friend through Valk the other day. I had fun, but he was mostly disinterested, talking with his girlfriend the whole time. Meh.

Still, very fulfilling!

9. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Well, decided to go blindly in that Ultimate Descended Rush, though it could not be so bad. Well was I surprised when I stumbled on Sandalphon and he had 14m HP. Took a look at padx then and noticed they were all on steroids (mostly HP). Only happy I did not get Zhou Yu.

Got relatively easy spawn I guess: Sowilo, Sandalphon, Kanetsugu, Yamatsumi, Indigo (52m blue HP, ouch)

10. relicss

relicss Active Member

felt slightly bored today
    Decided to do 1 yolo roll before maintenance
    guess who i pulled my 3rd fcking uriel
    I was thinking about buying 2nd XM but now im not so sure atm my flex spot is Valeen with saria board inherited.

So basically its between 3rd uriel vs 2nd XM atm which one i should use as my last team member ?
    Forgot to mention i also have 2nd gadius which i can inherit how ever i want

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Well-Known Member

User ID:
    345 170 218
    PADherder:
    link
    @relicss I'm running 3x Uriel + Gadius. I'm also (slowly) building my second Gadius as a de facto skill delay resist.
    I've not really ever considered buying a second XM. Sure you have to stall a bit, but it's not like this team sucks at that.
    Wait for skills, blow stuff up.

12. Baka08

Baka08 Member

PADherder:
    link
    Has anyone clear that special descended rush in coin dungeon with XM ? the one with all the rouge bosses ? if you did can u give some walkthrough? i did it in coop but got to Zaerog with hardly any skill left.

13. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    This has probably been answered somewhere in the 50 pages, but the search function is terrible (or I'm just dumb), but what skills do people usually inherit on who?

I remember seeing Orochi on Uriel. Is there a reason for this?

And what other things are popular to be put onto Uriel, Gadius, XM?

Thanks,

14. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Well, the quick version is that you want a Ra AS somewhere, a delay somewhere, a damage enhance somewhere, and a board change somewhere. Ra for predras, delay for Vishnu and other tricky enemies, damage enhance is primarily for Mecha Zeus, and board change is usually Saria, for either a strong combo with Uriel, or an emergency activation.

As for where they go, keep skills off of Gadius at all costs. Like, seriously. The ONLY exception is Arena 3 where you inherit Orochi, first of all because you need to cram as much utility onto the team as possible, and he's the last remaining slot, and secondly because Hephaestus dragon hits you with a 15 turn preemptive skill reduction.

Aside from that, I'd say it's preference. Uriel's bad for a board change inherit, since he's supposed to combo with them. Gadius CAN inherit orochi, the logic being that you'd never need to delay and burst at the same time, however this is dangerous as Gadius is often a one and done AS, and if you time it wrong you end up with a delay instead of a board change so... not generally recommended. Orchids carry the rest of the skills. The most frequent skills that people put on their leader Orchids are Saria and Sun Quan. Saria can be replaced with Kiriko, but that haste is surprisingly important, I legit found myself missing it when I had my Kiriko inherited... Sun Quan (NOT A.SQ) or Arcline are the 2 choices for damage boosts. In general, they're overkill, and I find that I regret letting their skills fill up, but at least SQ has the delay, which can save you from a bad spot.

All in all, the team I run is Orchid!SQ/Orchid!A.Ra/Uriel!Orochi/Uriel/Gadius. No inherits on those last two, but I actually prefer just having their regular ASes over a secondary skill. (And non-awoken Orochi takes SO LONG to charge, it's never actually charged on accident for me, so it's like he's not even there! :p) My friend is usually a Saria inherit, which I seldom use since it's faster to work with the reds you have and add in hearts than it is to wait the extra 9 turns.

15. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Thanks for such a comprehensive post.

In your opinion, you'd take the 5 extra turns of CD for non-awoken Orochi for that extra turn of delay?

My team is going to mostly be inherit less because
    1. No Saria
    2. No Ra
    3. No SQ
    4. No Arcline
    5. No Kiriko

RIP my XM inherits haha.

What I DO have to inherit is Orochi (either Awoken or non-awoken), Yamato (potentially); mostly I'm just deciding if I should put Orochi on Uriel or XM. I'm thinking Uriel.

16. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Well, I still used my A.Orochi on my AI&I team at the time, and I had a spare Exo-Hydra, and my thought was that Orchid can stall the 5 turns no problem, so it worked out to be my best bet. TBH, I think it depends on the dungeon. The extra turn is probably not super important, but the extra 5 turns can be when you need to get it up, so you know, if you have a spare AOrochi lying around, it might be the better choice.

I mean, it's probably just personal preference who you put Orochi onto. Me, I ran out of Orchids lol, otherwise he'd be on her. (And when I run the system, I actually DO have a spare Orochi AS on her.)

LazarusPD likes this.
  17. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

I run A Orichi on one of my XMs, it's extremely useful in Arena.

18. Hakeshu

Hakeshu Member

Any Challenge 10 clear with XM?

19. CountAntonius

CountAntonius Member

Current team is Xian mei, gadius, Uriel, Red Riding Hood, Yamato

Just pulled a second Gadius and Laila. Yamato had those 3 skill boosts. With laila I have 7 with gadius I have 6. Who do I go with?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So next time XM rotates around I plan on buying two. I currently have (1) Uriel and (1) Gadius fully max'd. I recently pulled a dupe Gadius, but he needs some work.

Unlike the other 20 or so people posting "What latents" that obviously couldn't be bothered to read the thread, I've gathered the consensus is (yes I read all the pages before posting):
    RCV seems unnecessary, so 2 SDR's with anything with haste, one Gadius to get rainbow (already has that) everything else gets time extends.

The goal with XM purchase is to beat Arena 2 and really 3 in co-op. Cards I have available to SI are Saria (looks like will go on first XM), Sanda, Yamato, Urd and can also draw on (2) Indra's and a Ralph. My REM delay is basically non-existent, same with true damage :(

What are the other almost no brainer SI's to put on what cards? It seems you want to leave Uriel alone?

Also I would recommend or request to @EoTN to add the recommenced latents to the OP to prevent future questions.

LazarusPD likes this.