Overpowered Orchid, Xiang Mei

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by EoTN, Mar 30, 2016.

1. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    I have 5 TE on everything on my team so far except Gadius and RRH (both fully rainbow). I'm using RRH because I have no other options and can't afford 2 Orchid's.

I'm planning on putting 5 RCV on XM, or 3 RCV + 2 SDR. I heard from a friend who has XM (and a non-hyper team) that RCV isn't that great since there's no RCV multiplier and the HP pool is quite large.

Another option for inherit is a damage enhancer. I've seen people use Freyr, Sun Quan, and Arcline (Arcline being the ideal damage enhance).

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well it's good I have all those damage enhancers.. dupe SQ that isn't awoken, Awoken Freyr that doesn't see any game time and Arcline that I haven't used, but MS. Gadius is my goto bind clearer as my RRH is bound to Parv for another team.

LazarusPD likes this.
  3. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

I've been busy, OK? :p

I've got some work to do, it seems that the guide section is getting renovated sometime soon, and it's time to get that guide author medal! :p (Also, my Lakshmi and I&I guides could really use some love as well...)

4. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

IMO, TE is better than RCV. Even with no multiplier, the team has MUCH higher rcv than you'd expect, since every card is healer. Hell, you get 2K from the leaders ALONE. So even without a multiplier, you end up northwards of 3.5K, which is pretty damn nice. And then, to attack you use 2-3 sets of hearts, and in my personal experience, you end up healing 50K+ with 3 sets of hearts and 6 combos. I doubt that an extra 300 rcv will do THAT much, but an extra fraction of a second might... That's my thoughts at least.

Jchunksgt and LazarusPD like this.
  5. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thats how I look at it, running Bamboo I found the time JUST under what I was used to or accustomed with the amount of combos I wanted to do, so I slapped TE's on him and haven't had the issue since. But most teams have a few real TE's from other subs, but maybe since I'm sporting two Gadii I should be alright making rows with TE's after covering my bases.

LazarusPD likes this.
  6. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Noted, I guess I'll try TE on my XM first.

Now if she can only come back into the MP shop ....

7. VampyricTiddle

VampyricTiddle Lick Lick

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I went with 3 TE 2 SDR on my single XM, Gadius and Xmas Mitsuki
    Rainbow on both Uriels. This may not be the best, but I'm liking it.

Saria on XM and SQ on one of the Uriels. (might switch SQ to Mitsuki since she generally gives me entirely too many hearts)
    I don't really know what other SI to go for, though it appears most of my friends are putting SQ, Saria, and Sanada. So I got them covered.

Don't really know what I am missing, but I always welcome suggestions :3

8. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

So, I caved and bought TE latents for everyone on my team that was missing them, as well as SDRs for 2 more subs. Very much worth it. I was finishing combos with time to spare and wondering why, then I realized that the 9 TEs was almost an extra half second to play with, and it works like a charm! (SDR is quite nice as well!)

Unfortunately, hours after I dropped roughly 80K MP on that, they announce Summer Myr will be in the MP shop for 500K MP. So... FML. However, my sacrifice paved the way for greatness... so, you're welcome I guess? :p

No regrets, the extra time is legitimately amazing. I counted, and I have 4 TEs on my team, 3 from Orchids, 1 from Gadius. Which is MUCH more than I was implying earlier when I was saying that teams had no TEs, but 4 is still not that much by today's standards. (Single Orchid teams will have 3 TEs.) Kaede has like, 10+ without exaggerating, and Gremory has like 40+ with some exaggerating, so 4 isn't much at all, and going from 4 to 5 is a good addition.

Jchunksgt likes this.
  9. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

R u still running the hybrid team?
    What r ur Latents for the other people on the team?

10. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Yep. I prefer it to the system team, the extra Uriel helps speed up easier dungeons, and I've had more success with the hybrid team in harder content as well. (Plus, it's THE orchid team to solo Arena 3... not like I'm planning on THAT any time soon :p)

As for latents, it's 2 SDR and 3 TE on everyone buy Gadius, and Gadius has blue, light, and dark resists, and 2 SDRs. Not getting delayed AT ALL by Z8's first form is kinda fun, now I just need a second Ra AS to inherit. :p

Jchunksgt likes this.
  11. -Nyx-

-Nyx- Member

User ID:
    Today I finally made my XM purchases and have been loving the team so far. Even with the XM duo I picked up unleveled I was still able to clear through a few of the Descends in the challenge.

Im still torn on whether or not to pick up that third XM. NY Mitsuki is currently in that spot on the team and she gets the job done but I dunno, something still makes me wanna plug in that third XM...

12. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Blew my load, XM/XM/Uriel/Gadius/Gadius. First XM is done, just need to settle on an SI. Second XM needs (1) SDR, levels and a few tamadras. Uriel & (1) Gadius done. 2nd Gadius needs 2 SDR and a TE plus 3 skill ups.
    [​IMG]

13. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Bought my 2nd XM today. Running XM(Saria) / XM ( A. Ra) / RRH (SQ) / Uriel / Gadius
    Hoping to roll a 2nd Uriel if AA is ever featured in a GF again :S

14. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

I personally advise against it. I have 3 Orchids, but prefer the double Orchid, double Uriel team. I'm planning on un-Uvoing my third for no-dupes purposes, but that's hardly worth 300K MP.

The short reason why is that with 4 heart makers, you find yourself relying HEAVILY on skyfalls for reds. You'll never die if you don't get one-shot, but on the flipside, a lot of harder content CAN one-shot you, and requires multiple consecutive bursts, making the system much harder to utilize consistently.

Regardless of whether you go full system or no, welcome to the Orchid club!

Welcome to the Orchid club! That second Gadius means you're at 80% SBR though, so be careful with that. Once we get badges, I recommend the 50% SBR badge for you. ;)

Gratz on Orchid #2, and I hope you get that second Uriel! That's the team I run, and it kicks some serious ass.

KeViN likes this.
  15. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This was literally a 600kMP dump for co-op only, so we'll be at 100% easy.

16. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Joining the Orchid club!

Just bought her this morning, already Hyper and is in my slot one.

I run: Orchid/Gadius/Uriel/Uriel/RRH.

Feel free to send me a friend request, I only have like 3 Orchid users on my list :(

17. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It seems like 3 XM is actually overkill. I would play with 2 until the next time she comes around and see how that is going for you unless you have more MP than you know what to do with it.

18. Dysdayn

Dysdayn C-c-combo (Non)Maker

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's a club!? When do I get to see the secret clubhouse????
    Seriously though, I also just picked her up, and am fairly impressed thus far, although I'm bad enough at puzzling the row+3 hearts that I think I'm going to need to slap on some latent TEs. Running Orchid/Gadius/Uriel/Uriel/NY Mitsuki myself.

19. -Nyx-

-Nyx- Member

User ID:
    I think Ive talked myself off that particular ledge. A buddy of mine at work asked me which I'd use if I had both, a third XM or a second Uriel. I thought about it and said "probably the second Uriel", which definitely put dropping 300k more MP on potential box filler into perspective. Overall Im loving the team though. Still need to level up the second XM I picked up but everyone else is finished and the team is just beastly.

20. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Your buddy had the right idea and killer avatar. Worf looks great in a hat in particular. :hilarious: