Overpowered Orchid, Xiang Mei

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by EoTN, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is there such a build with SI's and such for a solo Arena 3 team for XM?

2. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Yep, there's a club! The clubhouse is under construction, but the building fund ran dry while installing the pool, so it's a WIP...

Yeah, Orchid's playstyle is pretty unique! Only her and Gadius really use this mechanic. (And some silver eggs, but who uses them seriously? :D) I agree that the extra movement time really helps. I recently splurged and bought enough TE latents for 3 for each member, and the difference was instantly noticeable. I went from dropping combos to having enough time to set up an extra combo instantly. Highly recommended. (This is after 3 months of playing Orchid almost exclusively, so that's from the standpoint of already being familiar with the playstyle. Results may vary... :p)

Your team looks good. IMO, double Orchid double Uriel is her best team, and NY Mitsuki plays the part of a second Orchid really well. Make sure to put all light subattributes to the LEFT of the Uriels in your team though, as light absorbs can mess you up since Orchid has no subattribute lol.
    Indeed there is! http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/solo-clear-guide-links-to-arena-3.93720/

Here's the TLDR:
    XM is one of the only non-heart cross leads that is capable of dealing with any of the 5 dragons. (Though HeraDra is still a major PITA.) Which is probably the best indication of her staying power as a leader, even if she IS a few steps behind the current heart cross meta. A few quick notes: FFCD Thief's AS is identical to non-awoken Indra's. In co-op, you can replace him with Susano for longer coverage.

Iluvatar, Dysdayn and LazarusPD like this.
  3. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

So, unless someone sees something that I missed, I'm 100% done with the subs section of the guide on the first page. (It only took 52 pages... :p) PLEASE, give it a look and yell at me if there's something outdated or misleading, or if I missed someone.

K thanks. :D

4. Dysdayn

Dysdayn C-c-combo (Non)Maker

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank heaven for the time extend badge! My XM play has already gotten so much better.

5. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Agreed 100%, adding a full second is pretty darn nice! (I still advocate TE latents over RCV however :p )

6. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    I'm currently using the bind resist badge, but maybe I should switch to TE since the bind resist only affects my leader and not my friends as well.

Any thoughts on which? Most of the time I can get in the full activation if the board isn't completely terrible (my team is full TE with the exception of Gadius and RRH, who both have Rainbow, and XM has 2 SDR's).

7. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Yeah, that's the other badge that's worth using. I think that bind resist is much more stuational than TE since it only helps your leader. It's still really good, but if you know a team bind is coming, save some hearts for Gadius, if it's a random bind, you are unlikely to get both leaders hit, and then your team still has 30K+ HP, which is usually enough to survive.

IMO, I think that the bind resist badge is the better badge strictly speaking, and skilled players would get more mileage from it than the TE badge, but if you drop combos like, ever, than the TE badge will likely prove the better of the two.

I'm a scrub who's addicted to movement time, so... my vote is TE badge :p

(Real talk, my other meta lead is BMyr, and with her LS and all the team's awakenings right now, I have 10 seconds of movement time. My Orchid team has 6.)

8. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just did my first XM arena clear pretty easily, Sophet, Blue Zeus, DQ Hera, Lifive L Kali. I have non-awoken Indra on 1 Gadius and SQ on my dupe XM. I was a little worried because after the first turn my Gadius+Uriel board only gave me 11 fire orbs, with SQ buff took her to like 8% and all other actives where down, so I tried to stall but after shield wore off I had to use XM and 4 fire orbs and killed her. Green Pii was my reward.

I used the bind resist badge, but can see use for TE as well. Pretty stress free with Indra shield and surprisingly fast.

LazarusPD likes this.
  9. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Woohoo, another one bites the dust, did this solo, 3rd try, damn sky falls kept putting guys in rage zone before I was ready (cuz heart sky falls ALWAYS happen right?)
    [​IMG]

10. -Nyx-

-Nyx- Member

User ID:
    Got my hybrid Orchid team setup and clearing content but I feel that maybe my choices in skill inherits need work. Currently I only have 2 skill inherits, Saria on my lead Orchid and Awoken Freyr on one of my Uriels. Second Orchid, Gadius and other Uriel have nada. Is the damage burst on a Uriel the best choice or should I bump it over to Orchid #2? Should I incorporate a delay into the team? Ive got one of those scrungy little Hydras I can finally put to use. Lastly, true damage/poison is something I need to add as well to deal with PreDras and the like but again, Im not sure the best sub to put it on. The best option in my box is a Rodin but I also have a Neptune collecting dust (No Ra unfortunately).

11. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just bought XM #2 to replace RRH. Now I have the full hybrid of XM x2, Uriel x2, Gadius. XM 1 has Saria, XM 2 has orochi (makes sopdet and Parvati cake), and usually my Friend XM has Sq or Saria. Other SI options are A. Ra, another Saria, SQ, a.Susano, and others. Any thoughts? Not really thinking A3 yet since I only just beat A2. She's just going to mostly be my A1 solo farming team when I get bored of bmyr runs, or Roots/kaede/radra takes too much thought.

12. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Do you know what stays under on Sopdet and Parvati in arena by any chance? I haven't encountered those two yet.

13. Dsr13

Dsr13 The walking dude

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Parv I wait for trishula and make a red blob with no rows. 2 of those and she goes rage, so orochi and kill with red matches, no hearts. Sopdet, I go red rows without heart matches and orochi is a safety net.

LazarusPD likes this.
  14. vicentetx

vicentetx So many skill-ups, so little time.

Anyone have any videos of Arena 3, coop with XM? Gonna try to figure out something with my alt, which runs XM / Gadius / Uriel x 2 / RRH. I bought the system, but will probably run double Uriel / double Xm / Gadius.

Only Arena 3 coop vidoe I have found so far is this one:

15. EoTN

EoTN I&I dual waifus

Welp. Thread is ded, and Kaede killed it. :p

In other news, we're now an official guide! (Note the lack of WIP in the thread title, and also that we're now in the "Team Guides" section. :D

So, even though the thread is slow, Orchid is still a powerful lead despite being a meta behind. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post them regardless of when the last post was, I'll do my best to answer them!

Also, if anyone has any comments or concerns about the first few posts, LMK so I can fix them up!

Freddy, RajaNagaSoz, bee and 2 others like this.
  16. Ngmyster

Ngmyster Member

User ID:
    XM can clear arena easily still

LazarusPD likes this.
  17. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    Thought I'd resurrect this one for a question on Arena farming. Is there a post or summary of the key make or break floors anywhere?

I've cleared it a few times with XM, but died more and I'm just now getting around to wrapping up my other stuff to mostly farm arena.

In particular, how is Sopdet handled? Just 9x?

18. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    Just make a row, no hearts is what I do. Seems to work most of the time.

grinder likes this.
  19. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yep.

I'll add that I think you can 9x with a 3 orb match if you don't have the red orbs for a row but have extra hearts, but you risk skyfall heart matches into full activation.

grinder likes this.
  20. Baka08

Baka08 Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hi, if dark XM is available in MP shop, what do you guys suggest to use as her unbindable bind clear ? Dark devil unibindable i got only Lubu, Kakkab, of whom only Lubu got bind clear awakening. Theres also dark metatron (not devil), Diadem (also not devil) ...
    And i hope shes not 500k MP ...