[PAD EU] The end :(

Discussion in 'EU General' started by symplecto, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Pr34cher

Pr34cher Meeting my mother-in-law is like a pull outside GF

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bit cheap of them not giving a daily stone. But they don't want to give any reason to stay. Too bad they take this route. For low cost it could have been different and better. Could have been an ending on a very high note event and a final day. Could have been thankful, like a stone each day and play as long as you like (or a fixed date). Take away all the nice toys (events and stones) and leave us alone. Stupid and disrespectful.

Pigeon, Bluecheese and Dooku like this.
  2. 8owser

8owser Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Giving a daily stone would imply giving a cr@p, they don't.

3. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    GungHo being GungHo till the very last day -.- Well, I might keep looking out the next few days if they announce anything (final shutdown or how they proceed in the future) and then might call it a day. Not that I expected anything "interesting" for us to happen but at least a stone per day would have been nice to keep the server semi-alive.

Bluecheese likes this.
  4. Bluecheese

Bluecheese I'm in blue movies....

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  5. Vipsu

Vipsu ◕ ᴗ ◕

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This might be it for European players of Puzzle and dragons, because it's highly possible that this is actually happening due to the new European regulation GDPR that becomes enforceable 25th of May 2018. If this is the chase moving to Japanese or North-American servers might not help as they might actually start blocking European IP addresses in the near future so that they don't have to deal with these new regulations. (at least with their older games)

Here's another game (Raknarok Online) shutting down in Europe due to the fact how they don't want to comply with the new regulation.
    Ragnarok Online servers to shut down in most of Europe

==

However Id like to note that these regulations have been long overdue and hence wouldn't really blame European Union for laying down some strict rules on how our privacy and data have to be handled. Many of the online services, games and apps collect a lot of data from their users violating much of our privacy without us even knowing. The regulations should also provide some incentive to actually keep our data safe e.g to actually keep our passwords safe and not selling our data to questionable corporations

Bluecheese likes this.