[PAD EU] The end :(

Discussion in 'EU General' started by symplecto, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Pr34cher

Pr34cher Meeting my mother-in-law is like a pull outside GF

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bit cheap of them not giving a daily stone. But they don't want to give any reason to stay. Too bad they take this route. For low cost it could have been different and better. Could have been an ending on a very high note event and a final day. Could have been thankful, like a stone each day and play as long as you like (or a fixed date). Take away all the nice toys (events and stones) and leave us alone. Stupid and disrespectful.

Pigeon, Bluecheese and Dooku like this.
  2. 8owser

8owser Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Giving a daily stone would imply giving a cr@p, they don't.

3. RaiGomaru

RaiGomaru The BAAAATH!!!

User ID:
    GungHo being GungHo till the very last day -.- Well, I might keep looking out the next few days if they announce anything (final shutdown or how they proceed in the future) and then might call it a day. Not that I expected anything "interesting" for us to happen but at least a stone per day would have been nice to keep the server semi-alive.

Bluecheese likes this.
  4. Bluecheese

Bluecheese I'm in blue movies....

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  5. Vipsu

Vipsu ◕ ᴗ ◕

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This might be it for European players of Puzzle and dragons, because it's highly possible that this is actually happening due to the new European regulation GDPR that becomes enforceable 25th of May 2018. If this is the chase moving to Japanese or North-American servers might not help as they might actually start blocking European IP addresses in the near future so that they don't have to deal with these new regulations. (at least with their older games)

Here's another game (Raknarok Online) shutting down in Europe due to the fact how they don't want to comply with the new regulation.
    Ragnarok Online servers to shut down in most of Europe

==

However Id like to note that these regulations have been long overdue and hence wouldn't really blame European Union for laying down some strict rules on how our privacy and data have to be handled. Many of the online services, games and apps collect a lot of data from their users violating much of our privacy without us even knowing. The regulations should also provide some incentive to actually keep our data safe e.g to actually keep our passwords safe and not selling our data to questionable corporations

Bluecheese likes this.
  6. Bluecheese

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With no more stones to get I’m logging on less and less frequently now. :(

7. Dooku

Dooku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I
    i’m sorry @Bluecheese but there is nothing left to do...EU is dead and we have to acknowledge it

(I’m more than angry with gung-ho but there’s nothing left to do)

8. Pr34cher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I still got some things to do, harder challenges to complete. Doing daily Linthia for some MP so i might finally get my RagDra. Looking forward to some 50 days stones. Last pull got my third Kiri -> 15k MP.

True though, angry at GH. Last game i play made by these disrespectful people.

Bluecheese likes this.
  9. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's indeed sad to see the EU server going away... but what did GH do that was disrespectful?

Every game will at some point end; that's *life*.... I'd be sad when the NA server will close; but it's bound to happen at some point in the future (hopefully a very distant one...)

10. Pr34cher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    GH cancelled magic stones sales without giving any reason or outlook. Left players completely in the dark. No apologies, no reasoning, just plain "That's what we do."
    Players ask for an explanation, offer solution, who might as well be impossible but they don't answer anyway.
    I call that disrespectful towards people that committed time and money to their game.

So we were left to imagine what will happen. Would have been nice to have a final day where a co-op community can say their goodbyes. Maybe a final event that'll make you remember fondly. But again, they just cancel all events, all stones and leave the server open. There would not even be a cost implied for them to have a daily stone. No difference in their pocket, but a big one for players who'd like to stay on.

Now it doesn't take a smart mind to see that everyone will leave. Not with a happy face. But a shaking head.
    Again, i'd say they have no respect or honor, not even pride in their product.

What i would have expected: A simple explanation that as a company it doesn't make sense to continue supporting the EU region due to size of player base. That they made a wrong decision to not support android in a android market. But now it is too late and they are sorry that it happened, but they want to make up by a big farewell event, closing the server finally on Xxx, 31st. A migration of EU accounts to NA is not possible due to "yes-i'd-like-to-know". A special start-anew-EU package for NA or JP servers is not possible because "I'd-like-to-also-know-that-one."

Now all of the above i can write in a 10 minute morning rant, GH not taking the 10 to give their explanation makes it pretty obvious how much they don't care. At the end of the day, it's still only a game and the world will keep turning regardless. I just guess some whales will take their money elsewhere, where there's not GH. I sure won't give them any more. There are companies and devs that care about their product. I'd better support those.

Pigeon, RaiGomaru and Bluecheese like this.
  11. Bluecheese

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Long time now since I saw anybody. Tbh I’m not playing much.

12. Pr34cher

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Still playing, mostly some solo stuff and coop +eggs and sometimes predras. Will try A3 upwards in a couple days.
    Rolled my first Shazel, 2nd Pralinae and 3rd Weld the other day.
    Wish there was more, but my available friend list gets shorter.

Bluecheese likes this.