PAD Island exchange. Is it worth it for BJ?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Fridgeboy, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    YY has 2 7C with his Ult Evo. That in combination with his OP High ATK stat is just nuts.

I'm going to wait on buying Bujin. Before the REM is gone, I will have enough stones for another roll or two plus the REMDra roll.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Just hit 5 stones and rolled the machine, DIAMOND EGG!!! Maybe I got a Babs & Jules or Blujin

Except, oh yeah, it goes up to 8 stars, 47.5% chance of Diamond eggs. All I got for my trouble is a Beach Artemis; feels too rare to sell but actually just a Shiney Bidoof.

At least I have a lower chance of rolling an evolved Rider than a 6* GFE during a Godfest. I feel like Seasonal REMs are as rarity broken as Snowglobe Dragons are.

Tux likes this.
  3. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    At least you didn't get a chester. I don't look at what egg comes out because I've been burned by so many fakediamondpieceofshithowdareyoubastardsputthishitinhere diamonds.

sgt502 likes this.
  4. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 339,899,271
    PADherder:
    link
    Artemis is one of my leaders. I got no 8★ egg from this machine, so my 7★ pulls like Artemis get more attention. Her leader skill has 2x HP for water monsters, which is important because I often enter dungeons with no advance knowledge. The 2x HP increases the chance that my water team will survive more attacks, so I will learn the attack patterns of my opponents. Artemis reaches 6x ATK when I match water and wood. This works well with my orb changers who destroy fire orbs (Ruka, Andromeda, Umisachi & Y, Artemis herself) but preserve wood orbs.

The orb change of Artemis "Voids Attribute absorption", so I bring Artemis to attack monsters who absorb water. This is easier for me than switching to a non-water team. The orb change at max skill, 16 turns, was too slow; so I didn't bring Artemis to dungeons where I didn't need to void absorption, and I wasn't using her leader skill. This year's event added 5 skill levels, so I now have the orb change at 11 turns.

Artemis is less useful if you have other ways to make 2x HP teams or void absorption, or you prefer not to attack with water.

ronmoho and sgt502 like this.
  5. BillyBlanks

BillyBlanks Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I hadn’t rolled a diamond in forever, two from this rem, both Lakshmi, neither of which I have any use for that I can think of? Is there any use for her? Also I got two beach Chesters last time so I’ve got the complete junk diamonds covered well.

Tux likes this.
  6. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I did get a Chester earlier, this is more just finding it weird that they just keep adding monsters of a higher tier of rarity to seasonal REMs to the point that 7* isnt even that good anymore.

Fridgeboy likes this.
  7. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Chester's 10% Grav has it uses.

8. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    come now, I didn't say he wasn't useful lol. I'm more annoyed with how they went through the trouble of making gold and diamond, diamond being the best, and then you get chester. Like having an evo'd 5*. Don't lie to me!!!

9. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Diamond's are the new golds.

Fridgeboy likes this.
  10. ArmedNun

ArmedNun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The bigger issue is they didn't bother buffing the older "good" units from this machine and made it so the 7* ones couldn't be traded for anything. Kinda sad to get Pirate Sonia or Artemis since they have been left behind and then are unable to put them towards a Blujin or B&J.

As good as B&J seem, I don't think it would be worthwhile to gut a box to get them.

Tyizor and Tux like this.
  11. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I'm looking at B&J and I can very much see the DAthena problem being applied to them in the future. Eventually that damage is going to get powercreeped and super super arena or some shit is going to pop up that's even more cancerous and gives better rewards. She doesn't seem like a terrible sub, but outside of damage output (which a lot of subs have) and a hard board change, she doesn't bring anything you'd consistently need to the table. Excellent short term investment, but probably not the case if you'll be playing for another year or two.

Despite all of this, I'm still considering it though lol. The art is nice, and I really want a braindead lead in my life. DMeta is going to be hands down better, but not nearly as braindead.

12. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    There's not much that can be considered a decent long term investment. Odin Dragon might be the only "investment" (pretty cheap these days) that's still incredibly valuable. Kuroyuri might be, but they are too new to tell. Everything else is either a short term investment, or simply REM luck. I think it's a safe rule of thumb that as long as you are giving away dupes, and not your only copy of something, you're ok. But giving away something you only have one of, you're risking that card being the one that powercreeps the one you just bought. Dmeta has been trade fodder for a lot of collabs. Wonder how many people are crying in the corner for giving their only Dmeta away for Yusuke.

Vaedriel, Tux and Fridgeboy like this.
  13. Tyizor

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, what you said is definitely true. I'm used to living the less-than-ideal subpool life, so I usually gage things based on how likely they'd be useful as sub-par subs in the future. 7c overturned alot of those subs, but I don't see (or rather I hope not) any awakenings that meta-breaking to pop up within the next year ish

14. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 339,899,271
    PADherder:
    link
    I have played water-healer cards over the long term, which is decent enough for me, if not for some players. Here is my main team in 2018, and the date when I acquired each card:
    15 Jun
    11 Aug
    14 Mar
    14 Mar
    27 Oct
    I didn't know in 2015 that I would be using these cards in 2018. My luck from 2015 to 2018, when pulling egg machines or finding friends, causes me to prefer this team. If I had different luck, I would have a different main team.

I had the option, in 2016, to sell some cards and buy Neptune Dragon. I would have sold my only cards of Ilm, Satsuki, Sylvie, and Sumire. I chose to keep them. What if I had sold them? I might have pulled some new monsters, and then I might have wanted to put Ilm or Sumire in a new team, after I had sold them. I know, in 2018, that I almost never used Ilm or Sumire, but I didn't know that in 2016. I have, in 2018, enough monster points to buy Neptune Dragon without selling Ilm or Sumire, so it seems well that I didn't sell them in 2016.

Do we know someone who sold their only card of Ilm or Sumire, and did well with the monster points?

15. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    I traded away dmeta on my main for yusuke and have no regrets. I’ve heard that dmeta will be a typical flavor of the month and won’t sustain a long run as a meta lead. Could be wrong, but either way I’m content with all my leads for the current content (including B&J) so trading dmeta b4 her evo was announced is fine with me.

Tux likes this.
  16. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    Also, was wondering if it is still an effective lead for end game content to run coop B&J with two kuros on one team but only 1 on the other? My main can buy kuro (haven’t done so yet) and my alt can buy only 1. Both have B&J and have less than ideal subs from what I have gathered.

17. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She will still be an end-game lead if only because 270k hps and a 100k+ autoheal is stupidly OP. The team probably won’t be as stable for dungeons like A4 or AA, though. In my experience, you can usually get away with stalling for a few turns with no autoheal. You can tank a lot of hits with 270k hps. But there definitely are times (usually after eating a gravity) where you can get into trouble if you don’t have an autoheal available.

18. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    Ok that makes sense. It turns out I can actually afford two kuroyuris on my alt well. Do you think it’s safe to buy them? By that I mean do you think that besides the immediate end game content clearing capabilities B&J would have, that kuros are a good investment? Wondering if they are going to be a part of pad’s future or just be useful for B&J and then fade into obscurity.

19. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I use that same phrase!

fakediamondpieceofshithowdareyoubastardsputthishitinhere diamonds!

Fridgeboy likes this.
  20. Tyizor

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fake Diamond count:
    Genbu x2
    Chester x2
    BMeta

I would have been happy with BMeta, like, 2 years ago? Her art is still great, but wtf Gungho? Why wasn't she properly buffed?