PAD Questions, sorta new to PAD, Rank 188 atm

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by NewToPAD, Jun 20, 2017.

1. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I have some PAD questions I can't find answers to in "Beginner" sections found throughout the web. Once I try diving into forums for answers it's like I'm sucked into the whirlpool that it's all "Advanced" and I haven't found an "Intermediate" ground yet. These may obviously seem like easy questions to the bulk of users here, so I figured I'd ask here.

Is there no true "defense" value? RCV strictly only affects how much Hearts will heal and has no effect on "defense?" (Aside from awoken kills granting defense.)

Sometimes it seems like I can't control the order in which 3+ linked orbs will go. For example to initiate a combo where it gives me +2.5x with 4+ linked wood orbs, I've seen scenarios where the 4 linked wood orbs weren't the 1st to "go" so I lost out on a +2.5x. Do combos go in order of creation on the board, or left to right?

What dungeon(s), or special "fest" for the Rare machine need to be active to best give me chances at the 750MP Athena? Also, can that Athena be obtained from Rare machine without a special "fest" active?

No. 2267 Peerless Strategist, Mori Motonari, which of his 2 Ultimate Evolutions should I choose, just in case 1 of those 2 will be a good use in an actual team or an assist?

Which Ultimate evolution of Anubis is best to go with? If the answer is Awoken Anubis, besides an Awoken Anubis, what is the best to go with?

Some leaders have attacks that launch free mass attacks as long as orbs are matched. Sometimes they can destroy "high" defense monsters with ease like the boss on the right side of the screen on the (final) 5/5 dragon runs for EXP. Then there's other cards they can barely hit and it seems inconsistent. How are these calculated?

Is the Assist monster assigned to a card supposed to overwrite the skill once it's charge is reached therefore locking out the "1st" skill? Assigning an Assist for its good stats for example comes with the drawback that my 1st active skill will become a bad 2nd skill.

Is Reincarnated (insert name here) something new? How do I "reincarnate" cards? I show lots of cards are darkened out on Evolution screen meaning they can't be evolved anymore.

What do people mean when they refer to things as Arena 1, 2, 3, etc.? Due to bad luck on pulls/drops and/or perhaps a lack of understanding of the game, I can only dream of clearing Legend and Mythical content. I've read the Athena guide and figured that's a good point to get to, but it's like catch 22, to beat hard dungeons for good stuff I already need a good team. Thanks for any help.

2. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can't answer all your questions, but I can a few of them.

D!Athena can't be rolled from the REM, as far as I'm aware. You'll just need to gather the required MP for her.

Revo!Anubis is probably your best bet, especially if you have a Super Gunma, or some other monster that you can activate a skill on every turn to activate his leader skill. It does involve a lot of XP, though.

The amount of damage being done is dependent on the defense of the monster being attacked. Some monsters have a low defense, while others, like PreDRAs have obscene defense.

Revos have been around for a while, but not every monster has one yet. There are still several pantheon cards that haven't gotten their Revos yet.

3. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is there no true "defense" value? RCV strictly only affects how much Hearts will heal and has no effect on "defense?" (Aside from awoken kills granting defense.)

- There is no Defense stat but there are cards that have defense built into their Leader skill. (e.g. 1.5x atk and reduce damage by 30% from Fire Atacks)

Sometimes it seems like I can't control the order in which 3+ linked orbs will go. For example to initiate a combo where it gives me +2.5x with 4+ linked wood orbs, I've seen scenarios where the 4 linked wood orbs weren't the 1st to "go" so I lost out on a +2.5x. Do combos go in order of creation on the board, or left to right?

- The screen seems to make combos from left to right, bottom to top.

What dungeon(s), or special "fest" for the Rare machine need to be active to best give me chances at the 750MP Athena? Also, can that Athena be obtained from Rare machine without a special "fest" active?

- She is a purchasable card from the MP shop. You will need to save for a while and do lots of co-op to get enough MP. Ignore her until much later in the game.

No. 2267 Peerless Strategist, Mori Motonari, which of his 2 Ultimate Evolutions should I choose, just in case 1 of those 2 will be a good use in an actual team or an assist?

- Go Water/Fire. That version has better awakenings.

Which Ultimate evolution of Anubis is best to go with? If the answer is Awoken Anubis, besides an Awoken Anubis, what is the best to go with?

- Awoken/Reincarnated is the best. If you aren't able to get there yet then I would look at the D/L version. His leader skill is easier to make while you are learning.

Some leaders have attacks that launch free mass attacks as long as orbs are matched. Sometimes they can destroy "high" defense monsters with ease like the boss on the right side of the screen on the (final) 5/5 dragon runs for EXP. Then there's other cards they can barely hit and it seems inconsistent. How are these calculated?

- Mass atk is fixed. It is either based on an atk multiplier or it is what is called true damage. True damage ignores an enemy's defense. The atk as a leader skill is based on a multiplier of the atk stat. what it does is if the hit is higher than the enemy's defense then it will hit for the difference. (e.g. if a leader hits for 20,000 and a monster has a 15,000 defense then they will hit for 5,000). This is affected by color as well. If you hit a monster that your color is weak to then you cut your attack in half before the defense. (Same scenario. Your monster hits for 20,000 but your color is weaker, you now hit for 10,000 and the monster has a defense of 15,000 so you hit for 0).

Is the Assist monster assigned to a card supposed to overwrite the skill once it's charge is reached therefore locking out the "1st" skill? Assigning an Assist for its good stats for example comes with the drawback that my 1st active skill will become a bad 2nd skill.

- Correct

Is Reincarnated (insert name here) something new? How do I "reincarnate" cards? I show lots of cards are darkened out on Evolution screen meaning they can't be evolved anymore.

- Evolve a card to their Awoken form. Once awoken you will need to get it to level 99. Then you can reincarnate it and it's level goes back to 1 and you level to 99 all over again.

What do people mean when they refer to things as Arena 1, 2, 3, etc.? Due to bad luck on pulls/drops and/or perhaps a lack of understanding of the game, I can only dream of clearing Legend and Mythical content. I've read the Athena guide and figured that's a good point to get to, but it's like catch 22, to beat hard dungeons for good stuff I already need a good team. Thanks for any help.

- Ignore Arena. That is end-game. To even see it as an option you need to defeat all Technical Dungeons. It is 3 very difficult dungeons that require time and strategy. Spend your time getting decent cards and learn how to play.

Arranging, Faye, Murdurus and 2 others like this.
  4. Pr34cher

Pr34cher Meeting my mother-in-law is like a pull outside GF

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

You do not loose out on the bonus though, it will show the increased multiplier on the first combo that achieves that and every that follows, but it will count on any part of that combo before. E.g. 2x for 1 red combo, 4x for 2 red combo, 6x for 3 red combo will show 2x, 4x and 6x with each following combo but it will count for all anyway.

Reincarnated cards are introduced infrequently for existing cards. It is simply a further evolution step (and an extremely XP-needy one), but one you can not reverse. Many cards you have might not have reincarnation evolutions today but might get them in the future. It sometimes is advisable to wait with the reincarnation if you don't have xp ready as a reincarnated card of low level might weaken your team from before when the card was high-level.

[...] but it's like catch 22, to beat hard dungeons for good stuff I already need a good team. [...]

That's PAD. It'll take time (or money). Beating dungeons "for good stuff" is debateable. There are really few dungeons giving good stuff which you can then use to improve your team. I mostly see dungeons as "stone-source" for the first-clear stone as after 300 days all my relevant teams are made entirely from REM pulls as they are so much better than farmables. I did farm some specifically though and they helped me through some early stages. It's best to research some leader guides for insight into which farmables help. And then there is co-op play and discord. On discord you can find nice people who help getting through more difficult content if stamina allows. It's a nice community. If you enjoy PAD i'd join discord. Especially regarding evo-mats, they'll help to save stamina for themselves (1/2 stamina for each player when coop).

With pulling REM, each pull will fill in blanks towards new teams. Eventually you'll have your team to beat higher and higher content. Evolutions, Awakenings, Skill-Ups, +eggs maybe even latents, lots of stuff to do.

5. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You did great answering these, but I think you have the one above backwards. The Water/Fire version has fewer awakenings and is considered the "leader version." The Water/Water version is seen as the stronger card.

mtb911 likes this.
  6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yup, I would agree with the answers already provided. The things I'd really emphasize are:

No, there is no defense stat. Just hp and rcv.

DAthena cannot be rolled from the REM.

Arena is a very hard dungeon that gives piis at the end, which can be used for guaranteed skillups. There are 3 iterations, each harder than the last.

The order of combos does not make any difference whatsoever. You're right though, the order can be weird at times.

Someone explained the way the mass attack leader skills work quite well. Not going to summarize though.

Those are the points that I feel are worth stressing for a new player.

7. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What others have said about the fact that ATK multipliers will be taken into account no matter when the triggering match occurs in your combo is correct.

On a separate but somewhat related note, the order in which the damage is done to the enemies is actually based on your team order (from left to right), not your combo order. For example, let's say you are using a rainbow team – predominately with light as the main attribute, but your friend leader has a wood sub-attribute. You come up on a floor where all the enemies are immune to (i.e. actually get healed from instead of hurt by) wood damage. Since the right-most card, your friend leader, has wood as its sub-attribute – that will be the very last color of damage to be done to the monsters on the field and they will heal instead of die, even if all the other damage done previously was enough to kill them.

However, if you had a wood card near the front of the pack (let's say your leader, or the card right next to it), and all the rest of the team had no wood, then the enemies would heal from your wood match much earlier on in the calculations, instead of last, and then the remaining damage from your other cards would kill them (no matter where or when the green match was made on the board).

I feel I've read this and seen in generally confirmed by my tests in game – but I can't remember where I read it, to provide the source. Can others in the forum corroborate this?

Faye, Trap, philsov and 2 others like this.
  8. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is all true. Player attakcs go from left to right. Then Sub att left to right.

SuperArtFight likes this.
  9. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, thanks very much, mtb911! Based on the less specific info I had read, I actually thought it was 1st card's main attribute then 1st card's sub-attribute, then 2nd's main and sub, etc... so knowing that it's all mains first and then all subs last will help even more. Thanks for confirming!

mtb911 likes this.
  10. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. Is there an easy way for people to see what's in my Monster Box to give me tips on building a team that's potentially better than the Green team I run right now? If I had to manually list everything worthwhile I have that could take awhile.

11. mtb911

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    https://www.padherder.com/

This is the easiest. People can look at what's in your box. I use it as well to track my projects.

12. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Once I set that up, do I have to manually add what's in my box? So far it says I have nothing and I have to do it manually.

13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think your questions have been mostly answered but I'll just chime in in case I can explain it so it's easier to understand.

There are no defense in the game for us and neither does elemental weakness affect us. However, that being said, our methods of defense is either getting more HP, having a static damage reducer (e.g. Awoken Haku), reducing damage through meeting a requirement (e.g. Myr) or through active skills (e.g. Indra).

The order in which combos are dissolved will not affect your total damage. The damage calculation is done after everything is matched.

As far as farming MP goes, rogue dungeons are generally the way to go in co-op because they not only provide more MP for completion (for doing co-op) but it also drops PreDras that you can sell. That said, however, it's not something that newer players are able to do so I wouldn't think about it too much. As for godfests, I would probably say 4x (or was it 5x?) GFE is the way to go but again, I wouldn't worry about MP too much and focus on getting what you need to improve your team(s) instead.

It largely depends on the team you're using; B/B for a row team and B/R for TPA. As for assist, it really doesn't matter since their actives are the same and the stats are negligible enough to ignore.

Awoken/Reincarnated is the obvious choice but D/L is okay if you want to give him a go. Honestly though, as a new player, the skill and/or team required to use him is likely out of your league at the moment.

There are three types of actives that causes damage to all enemies. One is someone like Bastet which causes all of your attacks to do mass attacks. Two, someone like Tyrannos deals damage but is affected by enemies' defenses. Three, someone like Ra deals a flat amount of damage, ignoring all defense and elemental advantage/disadvantage. In Ra's case, it's more commonly known as a "laser" (because of Ra's active skill name) or "button" (because you just use the active and things can die). So, for instance, if you're doing Super Metal dragons, neither Bastet's nor Tyrannos will help you very much because the dragons have too much defense, however, in the case of Ra, he ignores defense and therefore just deals his designated damage and they die.

Ideally speaking, you'll want to use an assist that has a good skill and not because of their stats; the stats are more of an icing on the cake due to its small increase.

As said, you'll have to get your Awoken evolution to level 99 first and then use 5 masks to evolve it to Reincarnated and they will be reduced down to level 1 again and requires an exorbitant amount of EXP to reach level 99 again. Keep in mind that once Reincarnated, you cannot de-evolve them so it's final.

Arena (officially known as Bipolar Goddess) is an end-game dungeon under Technical dungeons and there are 3 difficulties. Each floor contains a boss or sub-boss with a dark or light Kali as the end boss. A random -py (e.g. Badpy) will appear on the final floor as the reward. Essentially, if you're unable to beat most Mythical dungeons, it's probably still out of your reach.

I hope some of this helped you understand a bit more about the game.

14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, you will have to add everything manually. There used to be PADListener that worked and would add things automatically but it has since stopped working correctly.

15. SuperArtFight

SuperArtFight Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's a thing called 'PADListener' that is supposed to be able to auto-transfer your card data over into PADHerder, but my understanding is that it is only available for Android devices (and as an iOS user myself, I've never investigated it deeply). But I also think I read that it's kind of hard to understand how to set-up/use?

So simplest answer is that yes, you have to enter the data manually. If you want to save a bit of time, you could just add the cards without bothering to go into any further detail (don't bother entering the correct level, number of plusses, etc.) – people would be able to help you with team building just from being able to see what you have; I would say it doesn't really impact them if the rest of your data isn't up-to-date. You can also not bother to add 'trash' creatures, like easy to farm things, skill-up monsters, etc.

But PADHerder is pretty cool, because it lets you do other things too, like put together and keep track of potential teams you may want to build from the cards you've entered, and it lets you know how many and what kind of evo materials you need for any particular evolutions you want to plan for – so for many of us it's worth the pain of manually keeping it up-to-date. :) At least the biggest pain is right at the beginning to get it first started – if you use it fairly regularly after that, the maintenance isn't too bad because you're only changing a few things at any given time.

16. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Padherder is great and really useful for us viewing, but if you don't want to spend the time you can just make an imgur album of your box and link it.

17. Ikazuyr

Ikazuyr Member

PADherder:
    link
    The original creator of PadListener stopped supporting it and later versions of the Android OS are incompatible with it. That said, if you dig around in Google searches, you can find a newer version of the application that someone made. It's more complicated to setup (partially due to the Android OS changes and partially because it isn't available in the Google Play store), but can still be used. It just used to be much friendlier to use. I have managed to get the new one setup and successfully used it once on my tablet, but you have to go through odd wifi setting changes every time you want to sync your monster box to PadHerder now.

18. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

My ID to search on PadHerder is 344423421. I have my main team and what I thought were notable monsters to list in my monster box. Almost everything in my box is level 99 with most of them fully awakened (right column). Any help on a better build with what I have, or simply some good tips for tweaks to the team or a brand new better team are welcome. If I'm 1-3 monsters short from a great team, please let me know what I should "hope" for on a REM pull or if what I'm looking for possibly drops in a dungeon. Thanks for any help!

19. Pr34cher

Pr34cher Meeting my mother-in-law is like a pull outside GF

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As much as you need to build a good team, you also need friend leaders that work with yours.

An example is Nobunaga. You could run him
    Nobunaga-Akechi-Pandora-Gryps Rider-Anubis-Friend
    It will be hard finding a Nobunaga to pair with, but you could also run with Dathena, an extremely popular leader requiring dark+water and at least only Akechi removes water, but they are all devil. You can also sub in AAmir for "All ATTK." requirement dungeons. The main downside of this team is lower HP. Not much room for mistakes, but higher RCV for where the mistake doesn't kill you.

This is the team i suggest, because i think you will find other leaders to pair with and it will clear stuff right away. It will get better with every evolution and you can find other cards to improve the team overall. Plus an unbindable leader which is very nice. It'll also help towards an Anubis team.

Anubis is a stellar card and you could run

Reincarnated Anubis-Super Gunma-Akechi-Pandora-Nobunaga-ReAnubis

BUT it requires a lot of work. The Super Gunma is a farmable from a coin dungeon and needs a lot of work to reach the necessary cooldown (cd) of 1. Only that makes Anubis a good team since he needs activations every turn. The card is rather easy to get, but lots of work to get it where you need it to be. Burns your stamina and you will see little to no return for while.
    Then there are XP requirements, e.g. 16 Million for Reincarnated Anubis. It also needs comboing skills, since he needs a lot of combos and this will be a TimeExtend vs. skill question. I'd say this path is something for much later.

Additional comment though, with the amount of free stones and then additional cards, your card-pool and situation will be extremely different in 60 days. The outlook changes so quickly with just a couple pulls, especially in the beginning.

Hope you find something useful in what i wrote.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  20. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Thanks for that info. I actually had a dark team assembled that was extremely close to what you recommended. I just had to swap my leader from Pandora to the Nobunaga and swap a scion dragon I had with the Gryps Rider. I find that this team, even if they are all fully leveled and awoken wouldn't help me where I'm hurting the most. I run the Grodin team I listed in PadHerder so I can actually survive hits and heal back up with Mito. I have her down to 5 turns on the active skill. What's my easiest/best way to get a Surtr/Awoken Surtr so I can evolve my Pandora to Awoken Pandora? He's the only thing I'm missing. Do people actually have the ability to give people monsters in the mail if they are relatively easy to obtain (not rare)? Thanks for any help!