PAD Questions, sorta new to PAD, Rank 188 atm

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by NewToPAD, Jun 20, 2017.

1. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bring a delay for Gaia. Even a one turn delay is okay. Delay -> wait for the unmatchable orbs to be matchable again -> guard break.

2. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I thought the Fire orbs unmatchable debuff lasted 3 turns?

3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It does, but Gaia doesn't attack for 3 turns as well. A turn of delay means the debuff wears off before she attacks.

4. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I knew that... lol *doh* Thanks.

5. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

These are possibly some dumb questions and may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Does matching 2 seperate (full)heart rows trigger the 3 turn bind clear twice just like matching 2 different sets of 4 orbs in a straight line can trigger each TPA awakening?

Can a FUA and a 3 turn bind clear awakening be triggered at the same time or would only 1 of them or neither of them trigger (example being far left column and bottom-most row of hearts)?

Does the active skill on Amaterasu that says clears all bind statuses only work on "bind" and not "awoken bind?"

Now a not so dumb question.

I have absolutely no way of voiding attribute absorption, therefore, card options for me to try to clear the Magic the Gathering Mythical for an S rank is a lot harder since guy on last floor is a 5 turn Light absorb. Is a bulk of the final score mostly dependant on the fact I am only bringing 2 Cards (myself and a friend leader), and if I take multiple turns to wait out his shield it won't be as bad on my score?

Any other strats or ideas on a card I can run with and pair up with to clear this would be helpful too. I do not have any Sonias, fyi.

I have been doing well with S Ranking the Mythicals since I started running these 2 man teams approximately 8 weeks ago, but this 1 is tough with "Light" options being limited if the amount of turns also impacts the score hard.

Thanks!

6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1) Yep. As long as the rows aren't connected they'll trigger the awakening twice.

2) No. FUA has to be exactly one column, although the heart row doesn't have to be exactly a row. So the heart row will activate in this situation, but the FUA won't.

3) Correct. It will say "Clears all bind and Awkn. bind statuses" if it cleared awoken bind too, like Odindra does.

4) Without Sonias it gets tougher. Sure, you could probably stall it out, but you'd have to be comboing well each turn to keep your average combo count up to counteract the 5 extra turns. If you have Tardis, he's pretty good for S-ranking without using light. Otherwise, I'm not so sure, sorry.

7. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I have Tardis on my Friends list, what options can I pair with him?

8. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Any pure combo lead such as Cthugha, Anubis, Bastet etc, or, you can pair your combo lead with Dark Ideal.

9. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I have exactly no regrets trading in the 4 cards I mentioned in another thread for Vraska. This lead is incredible. S Ranking dungeons with another pair of herself and a Moogle and Fat chocobo subs for their extremely low cost and valuable awakenings (total of 18 cost).

I really came here to say I finally cleared A3!

Vraska (Heroic Blade), Pralinea (Heart box), RagDra (masamune equip), July reward Sakuya with 7cc SA (Hydro snake equip), Fujin (Kralice rapier equip), Friends Vraska (heroic Blade).

10. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

When an active skill says "Replaces all orbs," what exactly does this mean? It is obviously different from Change to all orb types, or Change to all orb types and heal, etc. Does it bypass but not get rid of orb locks or something?

11. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It clears the board and makes a new one fall. Maeda Keiji, Mastering, etc.

12. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It gives you a brand new board of orbs and it's random so unlike other board changers where they guarantee you at least 3 orbs of said colors, you can potentially get 0 of any particular color. This is also affected by "debuffs" such as locked orbs, poisons and jammers. Something cool to note is that if the active causes the board of orbs to have at least one match done, it does give your team one turn of skill cooldown. The main usage of board refreshes (as they are more commonly called), is to get rid of locked orbs but since locked orb removal has been becoming more and more common, board refreshes has kind of lost most of its use. If locked orbs is not a concern, it's better to just use a regular board changer because it's more predictable.

13. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Does it clear the rotating orbs thing (Valten), or Clouds, or the movable and unmovable Orbs being darkened out, and tape?

14. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It clears locks and time blinds, since those are tied to the orbs themselves. It does not affect tape, clouds, or spinners, because those are board related.

15. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Spinners are the worst thing out there, and currently no SA to counter it yet.

mtb911 likes this.
  16. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One spinner in the corner makes me 3c out of fear. I know your pain.

17. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I want some advice on the best Killers to attach to (No.4377) Yu Narukami & Izanagi and Pixel Zidane. I'd want these cards to be available for niche dungeons if possible. FYI, on a 7x6 board and 2 Light boxes being made, Yu Narumaki's multiplier is 39.06x!

Thanks for any assistance!

18. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yu wants dragon killers most likely. Everything you're gonna be VDPing will be dragon, at least for most harder content. Pixel Zidane is really only used for swipe builds, so the killers on him will vary based on what you want to run. I wouldn't put any onto him yet, and wait until there's a build you want to make with him.

19. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I already have a VDP Ney with triple Dragon Killers on it. I am currently trying to get more Dragon Killers to put on my Pixel Green starter dragon. I also have Pixel Echidna, Pixel Archangel, and Pixel Omega Rugal (no killers yet on these 3) for other unmentions.

The Pixel Green starter dragon obviously has use in my Vraska team, since VDP Ney wouldn't be a good sub on a Double Vraska leader team. I'm just trying to see out of those new Limited Time Dungeons, like Byuto, Keela, etc what killers Yu and Zidane could get to help me on any of those, possibly.