PAD Questions, sorta new to PAD, Rank 188 atm

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by NewToPAD, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    PADX actually does mention that condition on the website. That being said, it is another case of PADX being wrong. If you check PADGuide, it doesn't mention anything about a condition. There, so far, has not been any pre-emptives that are conditional EXCEPT for when you have a certain sub on your team but even then, those pre-emptives are pretty rare and are mostly for lore/story references.

2. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There are some scarce conditional pre-empts. I can't remember where this specifically happens, but there's a floor in some dungeon (multiple?) that pre-emptively reduces your move time. If you've already got a time reduction debuff, it just hits you for like 10k.

Maybe it's Kamui when you have a debuff from Izanami? I think he just uses his first turn as his preempt.

3. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

I use that site in "Desktop mode" and it's a little different what it states.

Skill Set 1

Seven Mirage (7 Turns)
    <50% HP, 100% Chance, 1 time-use. Will use when jammer orb exists
    Pre-emptive Strike. Immunity against status effects such as delay, poison, defense reduction for 7 turns.
    Mucus Skin (-75% Damage 7 Turns)
    Pre-emptive Strike. 75% damage reduction for 7 turns.
    Poison Claw (15,954) 4 (random) to (poison) converted
    Pre-emptive Strike. Deal 70% damage and converts 4 Random orbs into Poison orbs.

The Cerberus on the floor prior (6th) pre-empts with 2 Jammer creation and can lock those Jammers on it's 1st turn. Meaning if I can't create more Jammers to be able to match them, or remove locks and change the board, the conditions for Floor 7 pre-emptive seem to not happen. I did ask in an earlier post how to better understand these move conditions because they can still seem confusing, only my question regarding the damage of abilities was addressed. I do appreciate all the help regardless and I appreciate the further help as well.

4. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

My bad, I just saw the other replies after sgt502. I initially replied to the alert on top right of screen after signing in. So I basically just bring someone with an active like Pixel Zidane's, a vastly or voids damage active, or a delay to kill Tama on 5th floor, and I can just tank the final floor for 7 turns and then unleash?

I don't understand the breakdown earlier of three 1 %'s equaling just .75% of damage reduction (the example was adding it to the vastly 75% already present).

Also, how does 2 Kiri leads 75% dual on fire damage apply to the final damage dealt exactly? Thanks!

5. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's the thing, they don't add up. They multiply with the 75%. You can think of it as them blocking 3% of the remaining 25% damage that would otherwise go through. 3% of 25% is much less than 3% of 100%.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You don't have to tank for 7 turns. It's best if you just kill him immediately whenever you can. He creates poison/mortal poison which can leads to deaths if you happen to accidentally matched them and not healing enough while taking his hit.

Also, I vaguely remember that Sevenzard's 7 turns of 75% shield, status shield will reapplied once they're disappears and he's at <50% HP.

Usually, I just drop him down to <50 HP first turn (if I can't one shot for whatever reason) then he will put up 1 turn 100k damage void. Stall that turn and kill him the next turn.

7. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

With some of the stones I got from challenge modes I pulled Liu Bei and Raphael. Which is a better evo option to take for Raphael and why does his Awoken form not go any further?

Is the (No. 2533) Excursion Dancing Goddess, Amaterasu Ohkami worth spending 300k MP on?

I got (No. 4129) Blessed Dancing Goddess, Ame no Uzume from my free roll, is she a good grab or did I get trash again, like I typically do (except Kiri recently)?

Does the active skill for (No. 4129) or (no. 4174) Female Hunter, Legiana Alpha Gear target another target on the board if 1st hit kills the target and there were multiple targets up?

Thanks!

8. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

In addition to questions in my post just above, I also still don't know how exactly this works: how does 2 Kiri leads 75% dual reduction on fire damage apply to the final damage dealt exactly? Thanks!

9. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    They apply in order, consequetively.
    Apply 75, reduces to 25. Then apply 75 to that remaining 25, for about 18.75 reduced, 6.25 remaining.
    That is to say: Total reduced by the two Kiri lead passive abilities 93.75. You take ballpark of 6.25% damage.

That said, it then applies fire latents, summed up, either the 5% off kind, or the 1% off kind, to the remaining 6.25, giving you very small fractional further reduces. (A diminishing returns effect basically.)

Sometimes you run things with multiple latents, usually not.
    Unless you are stacking a lot of them, or a rather unnecessary padz dragon sub, it just takes off a give or take 10-20% sliver (of the 6.25 remaining, so like 0.625% to 1.2% or so fraction of a percent off), so expect to take ~5% to 5.755% damage unless your running something weirdly resistant as far as sub composition goes, minerva-style. Usually people going for true full 100% resist run minerva leads (with a lot of mass latents and Weld inherits and so forth) and not kiri leads. 94-95 with kiri and whatever (gravity, bicolor water, etc) subs is good enough for most places rage hits.

10. Pr34cher

Pr34cher Meeting my mother-in-law is like a pull outside GF

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To expand and add to @HappyNoms explanation:
    First Kiri 75% shield, 25% damage remains (0.25 of 1 dmg)
    Second Kiri 0.25 x 0.25 = 0.0625 remains (6,25%)
    Both Kiris have fire awakening: 0.0625 x 0.90 (10% dmg reduction 90% remain) = 0.05625 remains (~ 5,7%)
    If you have more awakenings/latent awakenings, reduce the 90% by another -5% or -1% (latent).
    Let's say you have 25.000 HP and no other fire resist latents.
    You can now tank a hit from a red monster for 444.444 (25.000 / 0.05625).
    While nice to know, it leaves you dead for the next hit, unless you can heal back to full.
    More important imho, is how much damage you can take which your healing capability can compensate each turn, for as long as you stall for the kill and bringing up the kiris again. Same calculation.
    More fire resists:
    One 5 latent fire resist card brings the max to 470.588 (25.000 / 0.053125). It's not worth it i think.

11. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

Thanks for all the help!

How does the shield that shows up over the heart on the health bar from LS like Ilmina and Diabolos work in conjunction with actives that are up on the top right of screen or LS like Minerva, Kiri, etc?

Is "reduces damage" on the top right (from actives) and LS = 35%?; and the shield that covers the heart on the left = 25%?

PSA: Something I discovered a few months ago that I found very helpful and was so angry I hadn't found it sooner was the box sort option of "CHR." It sorts the box with the top being the oldest card you've owned to newest cards at the bottom. So you can much more easily consume, sell, exp fodder, etc stuff from dungeon clears faster that way. However, I have no idea what "CHR" stands for or means, so if someone knows that it would help me from still being dumbfounded to it's meaning.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    LS Shields and active shields are cumulative. So if you are using dual Ilmina and then pop an Izinami active you will have (25% + 25% +35%) for 85% damage reduction.

CHR stands for CHRonological. Filter abbreviations are as follows:
    Fav.- Favorite
    CHR- CHRonological
    Fuse#- Number of times you have performed a Power- Up Fusion
    ATK- ATtacK
    HP- Health Points
    RCV- ReCoVery
    Lv.- Level
    Cost- Cost
    Rare- Monster's star rarity
    ATT- ATTribute (Color in upper-left corner of a card)
    Type- Monster Type (Can have up to 3 different types)
    +- Number of + stats to HP, ATK, or RCV
    Sub-A- Sub Attribute (Color in the lower-right corner of a card)
    Assist- If a card has an assist skill attached to it
    Awkn.- Number of awakenings
    Monster Pts.- The value of a card if sold for Monster Points.
    Skill- Puts together monsters that have the same Active Skills
    Exp Value- Monsters that will give the most XP when fed to another card.

sgt502 likes this.
  13. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

I feel so dumb I didn't think of "chronological," lol.

Cool! so I was right about their respective values at the 25 and 25 percent respectively. It's nice to know they stack in that fashion.

If I'm fighting a fire attribute card and am using Kiri/Ilmina, as long as I match a fire and a light, I will have an exactly 100% reduction?

Thanks!

14. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I may have spoke too soon. I think LS shields are multiplicative. Someone back me up on this

15. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Multiplicative is right: 25% * 25% for 43.75% from leader skill shield and an additional 19.6875% from 35% active for a total of 63.4375% damage reduction.

Awakenings are the only damage reduction that gets added together. Everything else is multiplicative. Pretty sure that's been stated a few times already.

wangatang0830 and mtb911 like this.
  16. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

The order of operations doesn't apply the strongest 1st and then work it's way down? Or is it going in type of ability order?

17. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, there are a few pre-empts like that which doesn't happen too often. One are time debuffs and the other is skyfall debuffs, not sure if there are others. I've had water orb debuff on me at one point and expected Zeus Mercury to do it on his first turn (as he does) and he just swung at me and killed me instead - I think it happened during an Endless Corridor run.

18. Pr34cher

Pr34cher Meeting my mother-in-law is like a pull outside GF

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Since it is multiplicative, it doesn't matter.
    Don't take the shield value, but the damage that gets through. (75% shield, 25% gets through = 0.25)

LS x LS x Active x Awakenings
    0.25 x 0.25 x 0.65 x 0.9 = 0.0365625 roughly 3.7%

That's the damage that will get through. If you take Awakenings first or last, doesn't matter. -96.3% is applied to every damage (from a fire source), 3.7% remain.

sgt502 and brouxhaha like this.
  19. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Member

I understand the math now from your post, so thanks for that breakdown. However, in that example what's producing the 2 25's and the 65 and the 9? My example was for Kiri/Ilmina(the 5x Atk and 25% shield for fire and light match version).

20. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    He has inverted the numbers, the .9 is the same as the 10% reduction from fire latent awakenings between the two leads. The math invert is showing percentage damage getting through, rather than percentage reduced.