PAD Solver

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Noobzilla, May 23, 2019.

1. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Lvl 10 quest. DMeta team and for the hell of me I couldn't find a 7 combo+5 heal. Aamir has dmg absorb and Res. Already used a stone and didn't want to die again. PAD Solver saves the day.

I'm curious if people have used it and how often? I've used it several times in the past when I know for certain I will die unless I combo perfectly.

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Never. That's how you lose an account you've been playing for half a decade.

3. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

Not sure what pad solver is specifically but back in the days of 5 and 10 minute stamina and minimal move times, I'd use dawnglare to practice (awoken ra for example) or pad optimizer for algorithmic solves. But I struggled with the blind solves approach and messed up more often than not, so I eventually gave up. Then I saw some tips here and on Reddit and got a lot better, although 7c/Fua still troubles me

4. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

Pad solver, which takes a picture and practice on the side is not really against the rule. They can penalize you for switching to another app for ranking dungeons, but wouldn’t be able to do any more than that.

People get banned when you actually mess around with the app itself, such as giving yourself extra stones. And maybe with the app that make the moves for you.

Pad solver is not much different from using paper and pencil to plot out your moves. You could even manually enter the orbs on a different device and PAD will not know anything different.

My theory is not to cheat them out of stones and play for my own enjoyment. If I need help, I’ll use it. PaD is a solo game, so do what works for you within reasons.

5. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Maybe I used the wrong term. I used the online solver/optimizer where I click and manually set up the board. No phone app.

6. Vio

Vio Member

I used pad simulator to make the board and plan movement but i can still mess up.
    I rely on Luci's active or add combo active whenever i could.

7. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

That’s definitely safe. And as a solo game, ignore anyone who tell you that you are not playing the game in its purest form. Just enjoy the game. ;)

8. Hashtag

Hashtag Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I use combo master if I need to practice a board. Tho my much more common use is testing damage vs bosses, relearning tripple cross cascade boards and trying out new leader types.