Pantheons the New Golem?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Crono, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Crono

Crono Crono@PF

User ID:
    Looking at my team list across both of my accounts, I have virtually no Pantheon Gods on my teams. I've played this game long enough to remember when Golems were in the REM and beating Satan without Orochi/Godin was a major accomplishment. Back then, when you got pantheon cards, you were ecstatic.

In this new age where it is all GFEs, collabs, and seasonals dominating, pantheons seem to have little purpose with the small glimmer of hope that a Super Reincarnated will revive a useless card. With all the various mechanics we need to account for now, you can't waste a card not having an assist anymore, so the fact that pantheon cards have no assists make their inherits virtually useless as well.

Pantheon cards are still strong enough to clear most content, but looking at the hundreds in my box unused, and with MP no longer valuable, I feel like they have almost zero use. When I get a pantheon in the REM now, I am almost always severely disappointed - that same feeling I felt when I used to roll a golem.

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  2. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

Haha, it's not quite as bad as rolling a Golem... man, those were the days. But yeah, outside of some situational uses, I'm not running pantheon cards on most teams. I think it's a combination of the active and awoken skills. I need a little more utility than just orb changing and a smorgasbord of skill boost, sbr, orb enhance, and row/tpa.

3. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I feel like awakenings nowadays are concentrated... this monster has 6 rows, that monster has 2 7c... the old cards have 1 of this and one of that and some actives need reworking or lower cds...

On a side note when I started ama/Odin was the go to, Lucifer nuke was all the rage... you couldnt clear Zeus descended in 6 seconds... i really feel if the older pantheons arent gonna be revitalized anytime soon I think they should up some health and damage values, don't add crazy mechanics but the normal, technical, and older descended need revamps along with a reason to want the descend boss...most were clearable with 16x atk multipliers..1 leader in todays meta accomplishes that..for end game players they could add a nightmare level difficulty or a reincarnated difficulty where when you kill let's say valkyrie she reincarnates.. new evolution and revitalize them into the meta...I still really enjoy the game and use outlandish subs at times but just some ideas

4. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I hate to say, but I feel the same way. It's especially bad when you get nothing but dupes of pantheon monsters you already have. I've lost count of how many Anubises I've rolled.

5. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

This is only a problem for older players who have pulled a lot on the gacha over the years. Pantheons are still valuable for early and mid game players, but the golems were never valuable...

ambiguous57 likes this.
  6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pantheon cards doesn't bring enough money for them.

Tek7 likes this.
  7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Exactly this. GungHo has made efforts to diversify so their continued success doesn't depend exclusively on PAD. Unfortunately, no other game has gained nearly as much traction as PAD to date. With the exception of story mode, GungHo's approach to PAD seems to be "minimal effort for maximum short-term returns," possibly to help fund other projects like Teppen. Collab and seasonal chase cards bring in the whales, the PAD Pass subscription model brings in the sharks, and the $1 and $2 bundles bring in the minnows. But it feels as though most of the profits generated by PAD are being diverted to other games. It's their business and their call, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whales are turning to other games and the sharks will shy away from a $10-12 USD-equivalent monthly subscription.

In regards to the original post, I will say that Super Revos have breathed some new life into some cards. SR Bastet, SR Sakuya, and SR Venus in particular are legitimately useful monsters, even if only in niche roles. Of course, I'm super light IAP (just under $80 spent in nearly 6 years of playing) so I don't have most of the chase cards. And even my teams are comprised mostly of collab and fest exclusives. For example, the Akine team I ran to sweep Qilin Descended is Akine / Kanan / Diaochan / DKali / DKali. Diaochan is the only pantheon monster and she's a member of a 6* pantheon.

8. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah most pantheon cards are mediocre to crap tier, but you are also guaranteed to get one of them in a sgf so it's tough to argue that they should be top of the line.
    They used to be amongst the best but at that time they were also hard to get from the REM.
    What's more annoying is that even the 6 stars and 7 star gfes are mostly trade fodder there are a few exceptions and they aren't terrible but most are niche cards now.
    Almost every good leader or sub is from a collab and those are never guaranteed to return so they have much lower longevity since they might never get buffed.

Still I am completely f2p having never spent a cent and most of my teams are completely made out of chase cards, simply because Gung ho hands out a lot more magic stones nowadays so they are not completely unreasonable to get especially with the trade system.