Please help with teambuilding: Now featuring Reeche&Dmeta

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Noc, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi everyone,

I rolled about 20 times with most of my early game stones and, sadly, had pretty questionable luck. 0 GFEs and half of my six star rolls were LZL and Guan Yu. The others were Misteltein (ugly art, but he's doing great on Kami), Ma Chao (awkward active), and Astraea (meh). I don't have the money to spend on stones, so my box will be changing pretty gradually from this point forward :p I was actually so frustrated I took a break for a couple of weeks. Anyway, I'm back and I'm trying to optimize my Kami team with what I have. My current team is UEVO DX Kami/Mistelheim/Tethys/Kakkab/Brunhild. A semi-retired friend offered to trade me a hyper-maxed Grida, so I'm thinking of tossing in her, Spica, or Castor on my Kami team. Originally Castor seemed like a no-brainer since the Awoken version is D/G, but then he loses god-typing (which my future DMeta won't like). I can also make Awoken Spica instead, but py are a problem (see below) Any suggestions on how to proceed with this team?

And are there any other teams hiding in my box? I would love to mix things up a bit, especially if I have a lead that doesn't require lots of combos and that offers a little more damage control. I can beat most Mythical descends, but I'm struggling to farm Py in A1 because I lose to Sopdet 100% of the time and Parvati about half the time. I don't currently have access to an active that can deal with their damage absorbs :(

Padherder link: https://www.padherder.com/user/AltNoc/monsters/

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey there. Welcome to the board. Looking at your herder, looks like you have had some rotten REM luck, sorry to see that.

You have a reasonable Kami team though. You really want to focus on dark and green though, as Kami is not a rainbow lead. You dont need to cover all colors, and frankly, you dont want to. I would sack Brumhild, Tethys, and Kakkab from the team and add Spica, Castor (Feel free to awaken him, you can undo it later rather easily), and either DMeta or Zeal as your fourth sub. Pair your Kami with a friend Kami that has fujin inherited, that shouldnt be too hard to find and should let you clear A1 with some regularity. If you need a board change (which you do), evolve and awaken your Cauchemar, he makes a good board for Kami that is dark, red, and green with a shield.

As far as DMeta goes, Mega DMeta is not color restricted and you have an interesting option that looks like your best team, and that is to go water TPA focused, with Orochi, Tethys, BValk, and Muse (All god types). You have a spike with Muse and TPAs are a little easier to play for new players. Youll need to find someone with a DMeta that has a HP reset inherited as a friend lead, but that shouldnt be too hard to find.

This is all just holding until you get better cards of course. And remember to keep practicing, none of us were full-clearing boards right away. But you need to be able to combo to clear the hardest content. Good luck!

Noc likes this.
  3. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    And I just got Creuse and Leeza from my free Remdra pulls. This is what happens when I hope for more wood and dark :(

4. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't sleep on Leeza. While she may not become a mainstay of your team long term because of the bad stats, short term she has utility: She has a super low cooldown of a reasonably useful (and more importantly, predictable) skill that you can spam, or use as an inherit base. On top of that, dragon and attacker killers are both fairly useful, and reasonably safe from absorbs.

5. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    So, I just got Durga and a second Reeche from my free rolls. I'm loving TPA Reeche as a lead, so I'm a little nervous about committing to the Reeche team below. Are these good teams?
    DMeta/Kami/Panda/Haku/R. Durga
    DMeta doesn't exactly need a spike, but Durga does give me a much needed TE and an additional suicide active. Panda for healing/TE, Haku for awesome board and awakenings, Kami for Fua and unbinding.
    Reeche (water, water), Reeche (Water, Water), Revo Kush (Wood/Water), Gainaut (Fire/Light), Kami.
    This gives all 5 colors, two rainbow boards, 5 unbindable cards, a few TEs because I'm that bad, and Fua. The catch is that the team is crippled any time Gainaut is bound. I do have a bind-clearing active on Kami.

6. diz

diz Active Member

Where is the shity box? You have 4 of the 5 witches. Great support like Indra and Orochi. Mega Dark Metatron, Reeche and Kaede as great top tier leaders. A lot of trash so you should be able to get Odindra, maybe even a RagDra.
    Reeche is a goold leader that can clear A3 (she was my 1st leader doing it). Kaede is great for shorter dungeons (and you have a team for her).

Luminescent likes this.
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lugh has similar skill as Fujin that it voids damage absorbs. Reeche is even better. She has skill that voids damage and attribute absorbs.

As for Reeche team, this team:
    Reeche/Kushinadahime/ L/B Raijin/Konohana Sakuya/Kamimusubi all cards are bind proof so you won't have to worry about binds and you can put Gainaut as an assist for Konohana Sakuya or Kamimusubi. If you need more damage, swap Kushinadahime for Cronus.

8. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    @diz Luckily, my shitty starting box is hiding under some lucky rolls from the last two godfests :) I'm actually missing both Zela and Veroah :p And what trash should I be selling? Are REM cards like cyberbeasts, chesters, Laila/Leeza, and the Weapons 1 series (e.g. Zweihander) safe to sell these days? I would love to reclaim their box space and an OdinDra.

@sgt502 I've been messing with Reeche and I'm finding her pretty challenging. I can easily hit all the colors and 7c with the extra time in her leader skill, but not at the same time. So far my strategy has been to check the board to make sure I can activate her leader skill, start by matching the color i'm lowest on to make sure i don't forget it, and then make as many combos as possible. If all the colors are present and I don't run out of time, I almost always end up meeting the color requirement too. Reeche is definitely improving my playing a lot more than DMeta has :) I finally have an intuition for what 7 combos look like and some ways to pack them into a normal sized board.

Speaking of DMeta, I somehow managed to roll a dupe on both of my accounts. So now I can beat 4 out of 6 rounds in most short dungeons with nothing but super friendly bi-color boards :) I'm considering rolling some more this godfest, but I'm getting a little more nervous as the chance for dupes is increasing. I'm assuming there is a part 2 to this godfest and know there will be a PCGF, so I might wait for one of those.

9. diz

diz Active Member

You just need 4 colors. Just look at your board. For me it is the easiest to start at the bottom. Some orb changer can help you to mess with orb troll.
    And yes, you can sell stuff like Cyberbeasts and Wee Jas. Get a OdinDra and after this a RagDra.

Noc likes this.
  10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Err... I would advice against selling cards like Cyberbeast or Wee Jas. It has some uses. If you have multiple copies then by all means sell the duplicates if you're dying for MP.

Noc likes this.
  11. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    For the one time time you need them for a C10 they aren’t worth keeping around (and for the record last time I used a Cyberbeast was when Attackeratsu didn’t suck and the last time I used a Magician was with Awoken Amaterasu)

Noc likes this.
  12. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cyberbeast series is the only row maker with haste and I've been putting one as an assist to farm Legendary Earth so that I can use Kiri. Without the haste from it, I couldn't get Zeus Mercury and Kiri up on the last floor. Sure I can use SB badge but that would mean I have to mass attack earlier floor instead of just 3-matching with mass attack badge.

I also use Wee Jas quite a lot in some farming team requiring VDP on the boss floor. His row is Heal orb which is neutral. If you don't have any non Wood or Fire row maker, he's your best option when you're running Wood or Fire farming team.

It's up to you though whether you want to sell your REM cards. I mean, it took you 5 stones to get one and only 5000MP if you sold them...

Noc likes this.
  13. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    @diz @sgt502 The standard rule of don’t sell anything REM unless you have dupes (and something to buy) should still apply.

Buuuuut hyper specific farming teams are a luxury that kind of only applies to people who already have an Odin Dragon and a generally developed box.

All enemy true damages like Ra, Lumiel, Famiel or nukes like Odin, Aegir, and Zeus Vulcan are worth making a team out of for general farming. They let you zip through mid tier evo mat dungeons, daily dragons, or Experience of a Lifetime. Eventually working towards something that can swipe high tier evo mat dungeons, thennnnnn work on developing the monsters that you would use for very specific farming; single color board converts, low cooldown row makers, guys with 3+ Skill Boosts, guys with 2-3 Jammer/Poison resists, guys with 2 of the same Killers etc etc.

Also you’ll probably roll the “troll rolls” again by the time you want to make one of those farming teams or just develop the tools.

Noc likes this.
  14. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the feedback everyone :) You've all made some excellent points, so I guess I'll keep expanding my box for now while I think it over some more. If I do end up selling them, I'll eventually want that box space for actual rolls. I have a special dislike for Chester, so I'm leaning toward selling him (red+dark versions) and a cursed dragon despite the former's possible role as an sbr stick.

15. Luminescent

Luminescent Member

User ID:
    Concerning Wee Jas I HIGHLY suggest you keep him. You already own a Kaede meaning you could potentially make the swipe farming build for Gem Temple anni if you had a Carat (I didn’t see one but if I skimmed over it you’re in luck because I believe Ysholta is replaceable)

The cyberbeasts are trash you can probably sell them tbh.

16. Marlboro

Marlboro Active Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    also note if you have two accounts, you can get easy mp and (lots of plusses to boot) coop farming rouges in coin dungeons. you'll defo want to make yourself a pair of pixel brachy/dios/dios/dios/flex teams. common farmable flexes are tengu(sb) jorm(poison) raguel(sbr) and canopus(nuke). since dios turns the whole board green, cybers and wee jas are super useful if you need to break the board up for vdp(last floor of scarlet) or deal with a combo shield or gravity. ggy is a great flex on this team too for bind clear+orb change.

Luminescent likes this.