Please tell me something about all the dupes I pulled!

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kaylathehedgehog, Mar 18, 2017.

1. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So after rolling today (because I have terrible impulse control), I now have three Tsubakis, four Sumires, three Zuohs, two Diadems, and two Kurones. Seriously, I have never pulled so many dupes at once in the two or so years I've been playing.

What's worth keeping and what's worth selling? I'm torn between the pluses and the MP for the useless ones. It would really help toward saving for DAthena, though, assuming I have a good enough team for her.

As usual, my Pad Herder is up for browsing if anyone would like to give me some advice.

2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    It's probably worth finding out what Zuohs revo will be, but other than that, honestly you could shrug and sack all the dupes.

Some people will say, in the modern era of mp raining from the skies to just keep R.E.M. Rolls and exclsuively farm points, but I've always personally been in the other 'economic value of time' camp, and in favor of striking a reasonable middle path balance between farming and selling.

My issue with Tsubaki/Sumire is that their teams are super obvious to PAD R&D/future-league. They are about as pure a haste system as it gets, plus what pad considers common at 5 star, and aren't going to just sail past redesign totally busted, in which case they'll continue to be what they are. Okay to decent teams that aren't competitive with the really powered tier 1-3 stuff.

You have Minerva, among other things, so you don't need to ever run Tsubaki or Sumire. I assume youre running things like Minerva-Ilm, Ronove, etc. If you wanted fluid activation, high x100 damage, no particular tankiness, you could just run ADQXQ lead rather than Tsubaki, and have subs you can pop for utility/orbs/burst rather than being locked into haste. Insert obligatory perpetual comment about Myr > whatever.

Kurone I've never even used the original, in 1000 days. And I get pretty for the lulz at times with the quirky leads.

Diadem likewise, although I could see the occasional noniap world where it comes up as decent filler. But his huge issue is that dark has enormous like-role competition depth, including in cd7-8 haste, and he isn't competitive along several dimensions. So he needs either a heavy rewrite, which is rather unlikely, or the type of narrow sub pool lead like x4/x/x4 heroine Barbara looking for colored machines, to be any good, in which case 1 is still probably all a body needs, because of other SBR and actives diversity reasons.

I'd keep two each of Tsubaki/Sumire, because evolution variations and convenience and such, two Zuoh because the revo isn't known, and one of the others because I'm not a fan of going to zero, even on sketchy benchwarmers.

And so I'd shrug and sack 1 Tsubaki, 2 Sumire, 1 Zuoh, 1 diadem, 1 kurone.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    cjo likes this.
  3. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Im with @HappyNoms on the time economy, but of course you do what you want to.

Tsubakis and Sumires can make a system, but you knew that. Up to you if you want to invest the effort. I hypered 5 sumires and they sit in my box, I use one or two as subs sometimes but thats it.

Zuoh is a pretty good inherit, and he does have an ult or awoken coming so you never know.

I would, however, keep the Diadems. If Dark gets a good row farming lead they may be valuable for some speed farming builds. Its inevitable that eventually that will happen. Green got ALB, Red got Yamamoto, Blue got Meridionalis, Light and Dark have to be next.

4. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

Tsubakis: Save two more, skill max them all and system for some easy dungeons. (you can use Awoken/Revo Leilan or Gadius instead)
    Sumires: Almost the same as Tsubaki, but no idea what you could use instead Leilan/Gadius. :p
    Zuohs: Zuoh system! You can put Awoken/Revo Pandora and Lu Bu in this. :D
    Diadems? No idea.... sell?
    I'd keep a Kurone only.

Ps.: I got at least 13 Tsubakis... anyone want some? :I

5. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i'd gladly trade a zuoh or ronia for another tsubaki. if only...

6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    This is like, IAP / whale advice though.
    The one or two dungeons where system Tsubaki is good he could pass anyway easily with other teams.

It's not like Minerva-Ilm with a Tsubaki sub lacks for multiple dragon killer cards.

7. kaylathehedgehog

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's so hard to know what to do, since you never know what GH is going to do with any given monster.

So really no reason to keep anything I rolled, except Diadem and possibly Zuoh? No future Revo Asty or Goetia shenanigans for giggles?

8. Kreisler

Kreisler World of the Gleaming Moon

User ID:
    309, 977, 242
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd say keep a total of 3 Tsubaki (1 R/L, 2 Dragon Killer subs). Tsubaki is one of the best subs for Ilm or Minerva and you'd have the option to use 2 dragon killer subs or 1 of each for no-dupes. For Sumire, personally I'd keep 3 of her. You might want to end up using 2 someday and you can even inherit the last one onto herself as pseudo-SDR + huge HP boost as she's an all-around excellent blue sub, otherwise you can just keep 2 of her. I'm not certain when/where Zuoh will come in handy, but 2 would be a good number to keep just in case. Diadem as others have mentioned, could potentially be useful as an inherit for quick farming someday. Kurone, you can just keep 1.

9. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    New Saito form is a row farming lead... his scaling needs more orbs but in a nutshell he's row based

10. kaylathehedgehog

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kay, I think I'm going to sell off everything but Zuoh and Diadem. I already have both Myr and Ronove, so I don't need a third heart cross team, and I really have no other use for another Tsubaki.