[POLL] How Satisfied Are You with the Current State of PAD?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Knomraski, Dec 12, 2017.

How Satisfied Are You with the Current State of PAD?

1. 10/10 I can’t imagine being more satisfied.

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  2. 9/10 PAD is still one of the best games ever.

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. 8/10 I’m very satisfied and have only minor grievances.

17 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. 7/10 I enjoy it quite a bit.

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  5. 6/10 It’s fun, but it’s lost it’s not special.

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  6. 5/10 It’s OK, I guess.

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. 4/10 It’s playable, but really dull.

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. 3/10 I might run a dungeon now and then, but I dunno why.

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  9. 2/10 Logging in for free stuff is barely tolerable.

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. 1/10 I hate PAD, I just come here to bitch about it.

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    4/10 for me, because the number of painful design klutzes just hurts.

You make a ranking challenge, and then let floor1 orb screw a fixed composition team.

Why on earth? It is literally an electronic game, where you can easily put in a minor line of code so that never happens or make the first floor monster preemptive a dark orb shift. But no. Design is stuck in the analog world like this was physical cards or a physical board game, and fails every time to take advantage of sensible programming.

It just hurts the software developer in me. The sheer amount of stupid allowed to happen.

I’m still waiting in 2018 for a random ability card that does any ability in the game. Again, because programming. It’s not a damn board game with monopoly pieces, it’s a breezy lookup into a hashmap of the ability. Should be literally a single line of code if the codebase is not a total spaghetti hell mess. But no. Rolls eyes.

So many things.
    Why do some of the titans have god typing.
    Fffs. Extra f deliberate.

I agree though.
    It rarely goes below 4, maybe 3 when I’m salty, because the orb matching basics are just inherently somewhat fun.

It is amazing how hard they seem to try goofing that up.

If you can’t manage to keep more than 2-3 dunegons relevant at any given time, (having 100s of dunegons is the biggest lie of PaD, when 99 fall over to a stiff breeze and 1 percent are the 3-4 that seem to be their handling limit for making relevant at any one time), just design an endless that scales indefinitely, with truly wide open randomness, and gradually scaling opponent difficulty/stats/mechanics/ability, preferably also randomize / aggregated, until you inevitably die, true endless style, and we just see how deep we can get.

It’s occassionally a great game.
    It just needs...some more consistency of vision and leadership.
    Make high quality features that work right and gel, than a shotgun of half baked, partially developed then abandoned pieces of shiny tinsel.

nickjr and Arranging like this.
  2. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

5/10. Interest in the game for me is an all-time low. A couple of years ago, I'd try my darnest not to waste a drop of stamina, but now I'd just let a full bar sit there collecting dust. Too much grind-mentality went into the game-design lately, with too many cards requiring stupid evo mats to evolve that require stupid evo mats to evolve (the repetition is not a typo).

The game started going downhill for me after the introduction of the damage-absorb mechanic. Instead of recognizing their mistake, GH doubled-down on this idiot mechanic and gated the solution behind a (pretty-much) pay-to-get 6* GFE. It's something that will never fly in traditional games, but thanks to the pay-to-win mentality of mobile games, bad design becomes good de$ign. There are more problems I could write about like poor inventory management & bad friend system, but I realize I just don't care enough any more.

nickjr, Jph81, Tyizor and 1 other person like this.
  3. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This. This still bugs the hell out of me. From a mechanics point of view I get it, precise damage control is an interesting skill to test, even though it feels more like someone thought "we've made too many cards that are doing too much damage so let's punish them." What really gets me though is that coming from an RPG perspective (which PAD definitely mimics in part) it makes absolutely zero sense. HP, attack, defense, recovery, shields, combo shields, even attribute absorb all followed logically with how you'd think things should work. Then damage absorb comes along and it's like "let's load up on all our buffs and put everything into this one attack to really smash em" and then it fucking heals?! What the literal fuck. I hit them SO HARD, they're back at full health.... I just can't wrap my head around it, and it genuinely pisses me off to think about.

4. erik

erik Active Member

I pulled one time a few days ago (my first since the free pull) and got Ideal. She is not that great of a leader in either form compared to Kirin or Anubis, bit is an absolute beast of a sub. Great stats, awakenings, and AS. Whale away!

5. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    9/10.

Don't really play as much as i used to, but the game is still super fun.

nickjr and Arranging like this.
  6. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    5/10

After playing this game for a while I really gotta say I hate the reliance on dupes. There's a ton of cards and you're usually forced to stack as many dupes as you can. Most cards aren't even worth a damn and they pump out new cards whilst leaving so many to rot. I'd be happy to experiment more often with the cards I do have, but juggling around assists is a massive chore. I'd be more inclined to play the game in general if the assist system weren't so archaic.

Box space, of course, drives me nuts and it's the main reason I don't play much anymore. Now with mail expiring so fast I don't even want to look at the game most of the time.

kaylathehedgehog and nickjr like this.
  7. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

@PDF3 nailed it for how I feel right now.

6/10 It’s fun, but it’s lost some of its appeal. (that is how I translate this choice)

I've gotten frustrated by some of the mechanics mashed up in some of the dungeons and irritated by other dungeons that require "x" card's AS that I happen to *not* have. :rage:

Also, Power Creep is on hyperdrive... it used to crawl along giving enough time for players to evo and enjoy
    their shiny new Meta monster before the next power creep came along. Lately, it seems every month there is a new Meta Monster that everyone needs/wants to lead with and it just seems like I am behind the eight ball every time. By the time I get the Meta Monster and get it lvl'd, evo'd, and all deck out with latents... everyone has moved on to the next Meta Monster. :shifty:

Just my $.02

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  8. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Something tells me you never got into Pokemon Go :v. jk. I shouldn't be comparing PAD to that shitshow.

I went with 7/10. I used to be a solid 8 or 9, but I feel like I've hit a wall in terms of how much time I'm allowed to put into the game coupled with low-iap ($35). PAD is one of the few games where I feel like I don't *need* to pay, but I kind of want to. Quite a bit is given to us for free, Gung-ho is at least *trying* to keep things fresh (7c awakenings going back to the roots, columns for resolve killer, 3x3 blocks, cross-meta when it first came out, etc.).

My main complaint is the huge influx of new cards as opposed to new ults. The thing I liked most about PAD in the past was that you didn't *need* to pull to keep up with the meta. You just wanted to because new cards made certain things easier. Recently ults have seemed a bit lackluster imo and new cards have been getting all the attention.

I probably would be at a 6/10 or a 5/10 if I hadn't grinded the hell out of arena, tamas, evomats, and snowglobes when i was active. The recent grinding in the game has been terrible (and I'm now running out of Pii's :[ )

nickjr, Arranging and Knomraski like this.
  9. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Changed my vote a couple points after finally pulling void counter in this KoF rem. Makes the upper tier dungeons vastly less grief to play.

10. Son_of_Poseidon

Son_of_Poseidon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would say 6/10 because of this. The power creep is too steep ever since Fujin. I still to this day do not have a fujin like active, and it really hurts many of my teams potentials (like kami).

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  11. Goteshi

Goteshi New Member

I think it could be way worse. Yes the game has it flaws, but overall it is still fun. I'm hitting 1000 days soon and I hope I can double that.

8/10

12. Kami1337

Kami1337 Member

User ID:
    Voted for 7/10. Changed to 8/10. KoF brings a new Jammer-Maker/Jammer-Leader. I do like Teams that are different.
    Also Badtan invades to make 30 Skill-Ups possible - well played GungHo.

13. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Overall for a game I've played for over 1000 days, it's solid 8/10. The only reason I don't enjoy it as much is not the game itself, but that I've finally spent enough time on it that I can beat most of the dungeons except the final end games ones (don't want to waste hours cheesing out final dungeons since the reward isn't worth the time investment).

It's inevitable to move on from something and I'm reaching that peak soon. I still like rolling tho and there's still stuff that I'd want even though nowadays I'm just rolling in dupes. (I still don't have Meimei or Leilan rip)

14. SethDrone

SethDrone Active Member

I still love the game, I've taken breaks here and there and quit worrying about stamina usage years ago. That said, power creep seems to be growing too fast, to the point that the new power is almost pointless. I mean power creep comes faster than new content. My single biggest gripe is the lack of new content and things to do that are worthwhile.

I still like playing, I like rolling new fancy cards, I like my teams...just wish I had something to do on a daily basis end game wise with them all. I wish we had constant ranking dungeons or something of that sort that gave us a reason to keep playing. Maybe a whole slew of arenas where the awards are the new rare evo mats, something as valuable as py's or killer latents used to be. Of course nothing really has the same consumption demand that py's did early on....anyway I digress TL/DR love PAD but need more end game content.

15. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

3 to 4 for me, as it has gotten boring can't get thru certain dungeons because lacking monsters that won't drop from rem, to much on the money grubbing side. Get 1 good monster to drop then wait a year for another one, not worth money or time had 12 pulls trying to get cotton or ney and neither dropped. Some of those were hard earned. Earned stones give you crap...Took 3 year to get Superman to drop...so yes very much hate those rem and special egg drop rates, just once I want a year where I get all the top drops from rem and special machines...want to be able to plow thru dungeons with a good team and not parts of a good team. It would also be nice if the king dragons got reset so stones could be earned once again from the kings and queen dragons...also need a way to buy that ancient tri face masks, never can attain it and I have 4 monsters awaiting...

16. Chartreux

Chartreux Member

Y'all really think they care?

17. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

How long have you been playing? They gave away enough monster points you could have bought Dark athena and cleared almost all content except for the most brutal. Maybe save stones for godfests and not collabs, collabs have horrible rates and are the biggest trap for stones. If this is most unhelpful I'll just stop...

Arranging and wangatang0830 like this.
  18. hyorinryu

hyorinryu Well-Known Member

I gave it a 2/10. It just doesn't have the appeal it used to have for me anymore. However, when I consider that I've played this game for 3 years and still care about it, that's pretty good, especially for a moba. FEH hasn't even hit a year yet, and I'm already getting burnt out on that.

19. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    Friend list sucks ass just let players pair with themselves, would bump the game 5 points higher on the scale for me.
    I barely play anymre, each time i wanna try something there is simply nobody i can lead decently with, it's boring I don't wanna spend 90% of my playtime running after people that would happen to run something precise.

Hashtag likes this.
  20. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. So many leaders that were once good/fun that I want to use and just can't.