Preparing for Revo Kushinada

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Tek7, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was already interested in Revo Kushinada before I saw her sharing the top tier with Super RaDra on this week's aggregate tier list: https://setsupad.wordpress.com/2017/04/15/jp-aggregate-leader-list-week-60/

PAD continues to deny me even a single Haku after 1100+ days played, but I do have what I feel are some strong RKushi subs.

At the moment, I'm thinking of running a light-focused team: RKushi / LKali / LKali / RSakuya / RApollo

Here's a link to my PADherder profile: https://www.padherder.com/user/Tek7/monsters/

Thoughts?

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I certainly think that team will do quite well, but unfortunately she is in that spot because of Haku. Without Haku filling your sub spots, she's still a very capable leader, but she doesn't quite reach that god tier status. You'll still smash most things with that team and anything no-skyfall is worth playing in my book. What were you planning on running with it?

3. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Even without Haku, Kushinada does fine. The reason Haku is a "staple sub" is because she is a healer with 7-combo awakening, and you use Blue Valkyrie for guard break which means no more need for laser on the preDRA and stuff (of course you could still theoretically die if you don't have all 5 att. on the board which can and will happen).

However, Light-based team has huge potential and I wouldn't be afraid of it being "not as good". Without one of the REM Valkyrie on the team, if you want to do something higher than Arena 1 you will need to prepare a laser, or run with a friend who has the template team or a laser. But everything other than that, you most certainly don't need Haku(s) to "be top tier".

Your team looks good, but I might replace one of the Kalis with a heartmaker. Or inherit Kali onto Sakuya, having so much HP with healer RCV and a +RCV badge means you can stall pretty efficiently.

4. Nekrabyte

Nekrabyte Tooooo Blue

User ID:
    Nekrabyte 336,730,373
    Not entirely related to OP, but this is a good spot to ask - i have 2 haku (sorry op) and bvalk, trying to figure out best card for the last slot. Deciding between r.ohkami, r.astaroth, suvo.pandora, baal, g.valk. thoughts?

5. ko300zx

User ID:
    Haku is a staple sub, on any team that can use her, because the 7 combo awakening is broken to all hell. Haku can do enough damage to burst the predras without blue valk. Blue valk just makes life easier. 7 combo combined with 2 tpa awakeings...the damage control and burst she brings to the team is absurd. Nothing else matches what Haku offers, and no one really comes close.

It's the same idea as Ra Dragon. The strength lies in the short list of subs. You swap out 3 or 4 ideal subs for 4 lesser subs, the team still works, but it will start to fall off quickly. A light based team will of course work for Kushi, but it also begins to fall off just as fast. You simply lose too much, you lose flexibility with inherits, etc. Leaders needs to be pretty incredible to be in a tier all by themselves (or in the case of the aggregate, shared with 1 other ). Without Haku, Kushi certainly falls to tier 2 or 3 which is still a great place to be, but she's no longer on the top of the pedestal.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    If you can sacrifice the opportunity for time extends, go Haku / Haku / BValk / GValk :) Or, alternatively, if you want more dark damage/need more time extends, go Suvo Panda. Reincarnated Ama is pretty much dead weight since Kush is unbindable, and her non-Awoken evolutions have a superior active to inherit since they heal you up to 100%. RAstaroth and Baal have a similar thing of not necessarily being the best options, their higher stats make them more appealing than the Valks but no 7-combo + TPA and and you already have so much HP anyways, you want to maximize damage as much as possible. Remember you can inherit whatever you want onto both Valkyries if you'd like since their cooldowns are very short.

7. ZeroreZ

ZeroreZ I can feel your anger.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am running Haku/Haku/Astaroth/B.Valk with Pandora inherited onto B.Valk.

Mainly because I run Astaroth as a lead as well. If you don't lead with astaroth, you could just stick Pandora in there.

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think I have a single "optimal" team in my box, even after 1100+ days of play, likely because I'm non-IAP aside from $11.96 spent on bargain sets.

I learned from my experience with my Myr team (Myr ! Snow White / ADQXQ ! ADQXQ / Thor / Apoc ! Apoc / DQ ! light Wee Jas) and my Ronove team (Ronove / Mel / Vishnu / RParvati / Linthia) that teams don't need to be ideal to be immensely powerful and a lot of fun to play.

So while I'd still love to roll a Haku (especially since I've probably rolled in every single fest featuring Chinese pantheon since they debuted in NA), I'm not holding my breath after 1100+ days played and 3/5 of the Chinese pantheon (Haku, Meimei, and Karin) missing from my box.

I imagine other folks are in a similar situation (i.e. lacking 3 Hakus) and still want to run RKushi, but could also use some help deciding on team composition.

And as much as I'd love to run a rainbow RKushi team, I'd be hard-pressed to cover dark and still pick all healer subs...

...which brings me to my next question: How vital is it that we run all healer subs? I'm thinking Khepri could be an amazing sub and an alternative to traditional burst actives. For healer subs, the difference between 7 combos and 9 combos is 81x ATK vs. 225x ATK for dual leads. That's huge.

I'm also wondering: How are RKushi teams going to respond to surprise gravities? Yes, healer-type monsters' RCV is typically very high (obviously), but with an HP multiplier and no RCV multiplier, how difficult it will be to heal from 1% back to 50% or even full health? And yes, you can pop RKushi's shield prior to floors with gravity, but in some cases you can't predict what monster will spawn next and I imagine most folks to play conservatively with shield actives.

EDIT: I'm also anticipating GungHo will release new healer-type cards for Kushi teams. Oichi's unevolved form is a terrific example:

Seanna likes this.
  9. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

this is simply not true. just because you don't run Haku doesn't mean Kushi "falls to tier 2 or 3". she might not be clearly ahead of leaders like DAthena at that point but her power comes from the fact that she has huge HP with great damage and perfect damage control. so even with no Hakus at all she would still remain among the top leads right now.

I think running a full healer team is not as important as people make it sound. I am running my team with a Yomi and I clear A3 just fine. it's a lot more important to have the right actives because like you said you are doing ridiculous damage either way. running healers is more about the HP multiplier I feel.

healing can actually be an issue especially since you don't have skyfalls so getting a lucky heal skyfall isn't possible. that's why you definitely need some kind of heal orb generator at least as an inherit. but since for most content inherits should be enough you can run a lot here.

oh and don't remind me of Oichi. still sad her awoken form loses the Healer subtype :(

10. ko300zx

User ID:
    Dathena is tier 2...which is where I said she would be...:rolleyes:

11. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

well your post made it sound like Kushi wasn't good without Hakus. especially your comparison with RaDra since Haku isn't really as necessary for Kushi as DKali is for RaDra. but good to know that according to some tierlist DAthena is only a tier 2 lead lol