Puzzle and Dragons World: Editing all chapters and 3 new on the way

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LordAstrea, Nov 19, 2015.

1. LordAstrea

LordAstrea Writer of Worlds

[​IMG]
    Greetings fellow Players! Welcome to the new thread for the fanfiction Puzzle and Dragons World. This thread is for receiving updates on uploaded chapters for the story for those who do not have an account on fanfiction.net. It is also a thread open for questions, suggestions, critiques, and discussion. After all, the story is a fanfiction and I do not have an editor or even a beta reader. Any feedback is appreciated with the story.
    This new thread was created due to the last one being rather disorganized and lacking easy accessibility for information.
    For more information, please refer to the story summary itself and my fanfiction profile page that can be found here: https://www.fanfiction.net/~lordastrea
    For easy access to the story you may refer to my signature.
    I encourage creating a fanfiction.net account to receive updates on chapter uploads by following the story.
    Also, feel free to send me a PM on fanfiction.net. I usually get to my mail within 48 hours unless otherwise noted on my profile page.

FAQ:
    Q: Do you accept OC's?
    A: I won't say that I don't, but I can't guarantee any new characters will get much prominence. The story is planned to be five arcs, and I have established which characters will be integral to the story.
    Q: What about monster suggestions?
    A: I do take these, but again, I already know which monsters will have main roles. There are just too many god monsters to include and I don't want to overload the story with exposition. But I can say there will at least be mention of almost all of them.
    Q: Do you have ideas for pairings?
    A: Yes I do. But I will say that romance is not a main focus of the story. I have read too many stories with promising plots that discarded them for the most part in favor of relationships. Relationships and romance have their place, but they should not overshadow the main themes.
    Q: Why aren't you using awoken ultimates?
    A: It is typical for game developers to withhold content from a previous game and save them for future updates. Furthermore, starting out in a beta in such forms would be way too overpowered. Also, wouldn't it be rather boring if most of the monsters simply had "awoken" as their title?
    Q: Do you have a grasp on where the story is going?
    A: 100%. It is now just a matter of how I plan to tell it and present the themes. The goal of the story is already established. Even the ending has been fleshed out.
    Q: How big of a project will this be?
    A: Five arcs of varying length titled: Puzzle and Dragons World, Puzzle and Dragons Warriors, Puzzle and Dragons War, Puzzle and Dragons Future, and Puzzle and Dragons Forever. Titles are subject to change. So to answer the question: The project is friggin massive!

Current Word Count for Book 1 (in-progress): 138,541

Some Key Locations Introduced:
    Teril- A small trade town to the northeast of Fleren in the Pirugan continent near the border of Dragon Territory. Activity is now limited in this area due to limited resources from the border changes created by the Bestowal Treaty with the dragons. Siegfried and Cu Chulain have dedicated themselves to protecting the town from monsters.

Millshore- A town located to the south of Mercury Lake and bordering the Demeter Forest. Most of the people from this town hold a strong grudge against the Guardian and Legion monsters. Some humans such as Captain Roche and Carther bear no ill-will towards monsters. The town is known for its skilled soldiers despite a fairly small population. Recent expeditions along the southern Bakke mountains have led to the discovery of fine ores.

Sarkast- A powerful and rough military city settled at the heart of Pirugan in the country of Fleren. The city boasts a sort of gothic architecture comprised of melded stone. The city consists of an outer wall to protect the suburbs with another inner wall to defend the main district. Even the buildings are strategically constructed and built for defense. No army has ever breached the outer wall. It is home to the finest blacksmiths in all of Pirugan.

Fluorestris- The capital city of the country of Fleren on the Pirugan continent. It lies a short distance from the west coast. This grand city consists of towering spires laced with melded magic stones. A form of electrical power is distributed throughout the city by knitted magic stones to operate large gondolas and complex machinery. Panels of magic stones are built into buildings for energy. A fortress sits atop a hill at its center.

the deadlands- A blighted land that continuously eats at the life around it. The main reason for Sarkast's wall that transformed it into a military city was to bar the undead creatures born from this cursed land. During the first war, the great human general, Mal Saf, disobeyed orders and led his forces through the deadlands to assist ally monsters.

Flint Peak- Lies a short distance north of Sarkast. This hollowed-out peak holds a massive dungeon containing a number of secrets concerning dragons. A cavern lies at its heart that is familiar to the Players.

Dragon Territory- Following the Bestowal Treaty signed by the dragons, humans, and monsters, this territory was reserved only for dragons. The dragons are now in a period of isolationism. Humans and monsters of Fleren are not permitted to set foot on these lands. It has made it difficult for humans and monsters to establish contact should there be a crisis involving the entirety of Pirugan.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  2. LordAstrea

A pretty long hiatus due to school being what it is and a job to top it off. I just had way too much writing and reading to do for classes. In the next two weeks there will most definitely be two new chapters uploaded and we move into a more stable upload schedule.

3. ChrislovesTsubaki

ChrislovesTsubaki This is a Custom Title

User ID:
    Yes please!

4. LordAstrea

Chapter 18 of Puzzle and Dragons World is now available on fanfiction.net. Refer to my signature for the link to the story. Chapter 19 has already been started.

*Edit: Author's notes limited in each chapter. Potential reader "hand-holding" removed. More suggestions for clarity welcome for fandom-blind readers.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  5. LordAstrea

I am pleased to announce that Chapter 19- "Third" of Puzzle and Dragons World is now up on fanfiction.net. Refer to my signature for my profile page. I recommend creating a fanfiction.net account if you have made it this far into the story to get prompt updates by following the story. I do update my profile page there as well with information not shown here regarding upload schedule and minor changes.
    Sorry for it taking so long. I entered a period where I just didn't write because, well, writing is hard! Lol!

6. LordAstrea

Chapter 20- "Guardians I" has now been uploaded to fanfiction.net. Find the story through my profile on fanfiction.net of the same name or click on the link in my signature which will direct readers to the story.
    Feel free to send PMs to me on fanfiction.net with any inquiries or for discussion.
    Reviews and critiques are appreciated.
    Enjoy! :)
    Note: This chapter has been broken into two parts and only the second part requires editing currently. Expect the next chapter this upcoming week.

7. LordAstrea

So, totally forgot to update on the forum since I took a bit of a hiatus from the story to get my mind settled. Puzzle and Dragons World Chapter 21 Guardians II is now up.
    Enjoy.
    As usual, feedback in any form is appreciated. Click the link below in the signature for the story. Book 1 is now reaching the climax.

8. LordAstrea

I am pleased to announce that Chapter 22 "Salvage" is now available on fanfiction.net. The link to the story is in my signature. Book 1 is almost done! I can hardly believe it. A big thanks to everyone who has shown their support for the story. It means a whole lot! Enjoy!

9. LordAstrea

Puzzle and Dragons World Chapter 23 "Spirit" is now up. Due to the long delay, I have completed chapter 24 as well. It just needs some editing. Enjoy.
    Link to the fanfiction.net page is in my signature for all you new people out there.

10. LordAstrea

I am pleased to announce that Chapter 24 "Black Water" is now up for the story Puzzle and Dragons World. I will be adding a couple of updates with some character profiles and new location descriptions here on the forum with the main post. Thanks a bunch everyone for the support!

11. LordAstrea

Greetings fellow PAD players. I know it has been quite some time since the last chapter, and I do apologize for that. I just nabbed a new job and I am also writing an original novel that has taken priority. I am nearly finished with Chapter 25 after a much-needed hiatus.
    In this update, I will be posting a synopsis of what has happened so far in PAD World. It will be posted within the week. Exect the next chapter within the week as well.
    And as always, thank you all for the support with the story. It continues to get a large number of views on a daily basis, which has certainly boosted my confidence in its potential immensely. Happy hunting!

12. LordAstrea

Puzzle and Dragons World is undergoing a lengthy process of editing. The 24 chapters available will be edited through multiple stages. Any edits made will not change the plot or story progression. It is to weed out unnecessary repetition, adverbs that detract from quality, and improve story flow. During this time, 3 chapters will be uploaded in quick succession over the next week. The fanfiction will also have a second home at the archive of our own site (AO3).
    Sorry for the massive delay. I have been working on other projects alongside this one and the others ended up taking priority since they are original works.
    I also plan to improve on updates with the twitter account for those who are not members of AO3 or Fanfiction.
    As usual, comments, critiques and suggestions are appreciated and always taken into consideration. At first I relied on readers for what is stated above, but readership response is sparse despite the story having thousands of views. It is to be expected. Completed works tend to have more reviews over WIPs. Which is fine and understandable. So I will hopefully be getting a beta reader to help out so I can have a second set of eyes and opinions.
    Hope to see you all in Chapter 25: Bond.