Radra Inherits

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by 70Seven, Jan 8, 2017.

1. 70Seven

70Seven New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hi there. Super psyched for Ult Radra just around the corner (rainbow's my favorite playstyle). Thankfully I have a decent box for him, however where it comes to inherits I'm a bit stumped. I have good actives for inheriting, but unfortunately they'll mostly be off-color with my subs, so I won't receive the stat boost. I'll include a link to my padherder, but here is a list of the potential subs and inherits as I see them.

Padherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/70Se...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Subs: (Board Changers) Dkali, Gkali, Lightning, Ragdra, (Prongs Damage) Kanna, Ariel, Indra, Ganesha, School Athena, RSusano, (Utility) Isis, RRa, RHades, Okuni, Maeda Keiji, Balboa

Inherits: (Board Changers) Kalis, Maeda Keiji, Lightning, (Spike) Sheen, Muse, Yomi, (Shield) Indra, Ganesha, RSusano, Balboa, (Delay) Hydra, Sun Quan, Okuni, (Laser) Lightning, Ra

The team I'm planning on running is Radra / Dkali / Gkali / Kanna / Isis

Now I've been thinking of the following inherits: Radra(Indra) / Dkali(Lightning) / Gkali(Maeda Keiji) / Kanna(Sheen) / Isis(Hydra)
    Each of these are an active skill upgrade or at least a good alternative. However, aside from Radra, there will be no stat boost (unfortunately, orochi in particular eludes me).

I've also considered the following inherits: Hades (on Dkali for an oncolor boost, would move Lightning onto Gkali), and Sun Quan (on color delay for Isis). It seems best to me however to keep similar active skills as inherits, so I'm reluctant to choose a different inherit for the Kalis for the stat boost in case I override the board change. Additionally, I'm not sure if the shorter delay is worth choosing over force for Isis. Would be curious to hear anyone else's thoughts.

2. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Something like Radra(Hades/Maeda), DKali, RRa(Lightning), Isis(delay/shield), Kanna(delay/shield?) would work well. Dunno what if anything people are inheriting onto Kanna but don't inherit anything onto DKali that doesn't have the same effect as her or better(Herself, Ichigo, Lightning, etc).
    That team could take on A3 if you wanted to. Don't quote me on this but I'm guessing for A3 the best setup is shield on Isis and delay on Kanna so you can pop the delay on f19 and have Kanna and shield for the radar floor. Could be wrong though and delay on Isis might still be best.

Also don't worry too much about the stat boosts, the actual inherits being good and placed properly to be useful is more important than the minor boost you get from being on color.

3. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Most JP standard teams have a gemstone on Kanna and delay on Isis.

Gemstone on Kanna ensures that with just 1 SDR, Kanna's own skill will be up after Hephaestus dragon's 15 turn skill delay. Also Facet/Carat on Kanna is the ideal set up that Myr team uses, so most people choose Kanna as the base for Gemstone.

Delay on Isis mainly because REvo Orochi gives a massive HP bonus for Isis. And after delay is used, Isis's 15% shield will let you tank the first hit from Heradra, and combined with unawoken Indra, it'll give the team 7 turns in total to kill Heradra.

Shield usually comes in the form of unawoken Indra and goes on Radra. 15 cd is good for Hephaestus and the stats bonus is very nice.

JP template Radra teams are usually along the lines of: Radra(Unawoken Indra)/Dkali(Ichigo or Lightning)/DKali/Kanna(gemstone)/Isis(delay). So I think OP's original line up is very solid already. I'd probably remove Maeda since his AS is quite short and UUeveo Radra rarely rely on AS for the early floors in arena, where 56x and Kanna's prongs take care of most enemies.

Hades/Maeda aren't that useful for the team, because Indra is a direct upgrade in most cases. Maeda is purely for Ilsix, where Indra can be used for Ilsix as well as for other floors. The nice thing about having a Lightning of your own is that you can pair with a friend who also has Indra inherited, so that even if you have to use Indra on Ilsix you'll have another one to use for Radar dragons or tank a hit from Kalis.

When you don't need tans for SI it's fun to experiment some 'pointless inherits'. I inherited an unskilled Tiamat on my DKali as a pseudo SDR buffer and brings some minor stats bonus.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Arranging and Gr33nDr4g0n like this.
  4. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I forgot Indra is a counter to Ilsix now that Radra has a ton of HP lol. That makes sense then but it's only a good counter if you can bring two since there's no way you're getting it back up by the radar floor if you burn it on Ilsix though bringing two seems optimal anyway I guess. In Hades defense though he functions as an Ilsix counter as well since you can just nuke, ping, grav and nuke again to completely bypass his resolve. Indra is clearly better but don't hate on my boy Hades.:p
    Also Maeda functions as a ghetto DKali outside of Ilsix so he isn't completely useless either though I would still do double Indra given the choice now that I realize he counters Il.

It was my understanding though that RRa with a DKali type inherit was becoming more popular than 2x DKali due to Radra being extremely capable of just stalling for an activatable board with all that HP and RCV. Maybe that's just for those lacking 2x DKali though...

wangatang0830 likes this.
  5. wangatang0830

This is definitely true. Two DKali has its perks (especially for shorter dungeons) but REvo Ra provides green coverage as well as insane stats, and is on colour as inherit base for those with Roots or Lighntning. I suspect REvo Ra will be much more important for his green coverage if we are gonna assume that REvo Isis is gonna loose the green sub-attribute.

Arranging and Gr33nDr4g0n like this.
  6. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @wangatang0830 Oh, forgot to ask what are people using for Kanna inherit if they don't have a suitable gemstone? Muse?

wangatang0830 likes this.
  7. wangatang0830

Yeah Muse come to mind indeed :) Seem like a direct upgrade from Kanna/Izanagi etc.

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  8. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I currently have lightning on Ra Dra and both Kalis. I have a lot of Lightnings. I am considering going with Ralph on Ra Dragon since my Indra is Awoken and gets regular play on Roots. I have Facet on Kanna but when I first ran Ra Dragon I used Muse as my burst all of the time. He works more than well enough now considering you will probably hit some light TPAs with Kanna in the process. That is a lot of damage. I have also leaned into the SDRs pretty heavily on this team in hopes of counteracting most of A3's nonsense when it comes to delays.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  9. 70Seven

70Seven New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far. Will probably go with the original inherits then (minus Maeda Keiji). It's sounding though like RRa with Lightning might be a good option to consider as well though... because of the stats, would that be a better option then GKali? She does have the benefit of a shorter cool down and does cover green.

10. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That choice probably comes down to preference. Have fun and experiment. I'm giving Christmas Kali a look solely because she has more HP than D Kali. If I don't like it then I'll go back to regular Kalis.

11. Near

Near Active Member

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything but is it worth it getting RaDra if I lack a 2nd Dkali and Kanna? I can fill the 2nd Dkali spot easily but from my snooping in other threads and sites say Kanna is pretty detrimental to the team's damage. Any suitable replacements for Kanna?

12. CloudStrife

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You could get by with Ariel. You could also do a lot if other things. Just because one thing is optimal doesn't make other builds necessarily bad.

13. Near

Near Active Member

Really wish I had one, the only thing I have that might be suitable would be Indra or Ganesha, but his new evo's multipliers has me uncertain if shields are even necessary.

14. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Ganesha is dope. I don't have kanna but I love Ganesha. Instant no death button on a reasonable 13 cd and enhances everything for extra damage. Super high rcv for healing back from gravity and the jammer resist can come in handy helping certain enemies from messing up your board. He stopped stratios 3 turns in a row for me earlier today while I was trying to get a board it was cool. Shield actives are still useful because an Indra shield on uuvo Radra means even sopdet can't kill you. I think Ganesha with unawoken Indra inherit is optimal because at that point I think nothin in arena 1-2 can one shot you and gives more turns for dealing with radars in a3. The Indra shield let's you tank kalis over 65 hit then you can burst her and even if you don't kill her you will be able to tank her rage hit as long as you heal enough which you probably should. If you have to use Indra for some reason, ganeshas original skill will be back up soon enough.

15. Near

Near Active Member

Man, I'm getting tempted to get RaDra now hahah. The survivability is definitely there, I'm just wondering if damage will be a problem with partial activation, especially in tight situations.

16. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Well you have ichigo as a second board changer and can just friend someone with a lightning inherit so with 70k+ hp with a delay and a shield I doubt you'll find yourself in many of those.
    If you like rainbow teams I'd say go for it.
    I waited for a long time after pulling my first Dkali. I was debating on pulling the trigger to buy radra and ragdrag as I had Indra and Isis. I did and was very happy. You can either use seven star ichigo or inherit him somewhere but I think he is still fine.