RAGE - A New Low

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Crono, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Crono

Crono Crono@PF

User ID:
    So I get home around 3:57 today and notice that Group E has Heradragon at 3:00. I enter into the dungeon with my RaDra team with no knowledge of the dungeon, but willing to depart with some stones as I have everything else ready to evolve my Yomidra.

1st Floor - Verche - super easy one-shot
    2nd Floor - Ceres - Hmm, resolve. I assume it is 50%, but who knows. I go on to accidentally kill the MF, after which she promptly heals and kills me. OK, while I generally try to zero-stone everything, I can't run this dungeon again due to the time and am not against spending a few stones for convenience. I forget I have Killer latents on my alt and accidentally kill Ceres again and die - fuck. OK, back on my main, I get Ceres below a resolve. Now she puts up a fuckin' absorb on top of an elemental absorb and the combo shield...The combo shield isn't hard by itself, but not having access to a color due to dmg absorb + not being able to match everything due to radra multiplier is super hard.

I go on to waste 12 fuckin' stones, getting one-shot each time by Natural Disaster, until some company arrives and I need to quit. This is a new low for me - never wasted so many stones on a level and to not even beat it as well? Fuckin' A. I guess I need to bring a gravity prior to the dmg absorb, the most BS mechanic ever. Of course to get around it, you need to spend bank and pray to get a fuckin' 6 star exclusive. I feel worse than when I spent 2 or 3 packs and got absolutely zero new things or even a useful dupe.

2. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    Trust me, we've all been to that realm in some way or another :(

3. Mr.Shnigles

Mr.Shnigles New Member

User ID:
    I was pissed that I had to spend stones on zeus dragon decended, given that it was a "fool proof" strategy with tengu feat. ama. I forgot that matching many poisons negate auto heal, but it still made me quite mad... I even had to spend some money for a few single stones

4. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    I think it's more the game that has lost its touch and sunk to such abysses that you either have to resort to boring cheesy shit or prepare some very specific 6* gfe setups to bypass bs rather than you hitting a new low.

5. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

If you have Hades I would try Hades. Extremely forgiving

6. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It's a 3 floor dungeon and drops a radar at 100%, something that was previously only accessible through A3, with a low drop rate, and a 20% chance of spawning. People have run A3 countless times never to have the radar that they need drop. Why do people think that they can walk right into it with any old team, without taking a look at it before hand, and be perfectly fine? Nothing wrong with the dungeon and nothing wrong with requiring some strong cards. Seems people are delusional and expecting a free handout.

7. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There are teams that can no stone this easily without a lot of new investment. 12 stones seems like a waste for this.

8. Gig

Gig E rank luck

PADherder:
    link
    I don't care about the drop rarity or whatever the fact is that the game has just turned into a huge number check contest that you either have to coop or bring the latest powercreeped fotm to cricumvent it. There no creatvity or playing around some game mechanics anymore it's a number check where you either can endure it or not. Everything has turned into : huge hits and and dammage absorb. That stupid hera radar dragon ? you either have enough to survive its hits, that 6* gfe or you have to stone / look away at something else. Despite the game having now thousands of different cards there like 5 teams for you to pick from if you want to tackle this "harder" content, great endgame.

9. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

First of all, Heradra descended is annihilation tier. If 'many teams' can beat it easily, then it's simply not challenging enough.

If anything, Heradra descended is an excellent example of encouraging creative team building. Due to the mechanics in this dungeon, the 'SS' tier leaders like Radra are gonna have a very tough time in this dungeon.

Instead, uncommon leads handle the dungeon perfectly fine. There's the 4x PADZ resist dragon team or R.Hades team who handle the dungeon best, with the latter even capable of farming the dungeon solo. Which IMO are both very 'creative' ways to beat the dungeon, rather than just say, blasting thru the dungeon with Radra/Aizen etc.

It's hard to deny that mechanics like damage absorb are good ways to encourage creative team building. If there's no resolve/damage absorb/damage nullify etc the game would be extremely boring, where you just steamroll through every dungeon with the hardest hitting team.

Scarylarry, nickjr, graps and 4 others like this.
  10. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Doesn't Verche have a 10 turn dark bind?

11. Snarf

User ID:
    I don't understand GH's reasoning behind making some of these dungeons so difficult that you can't even reasonably make a card that you bought / earned.

12. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As already stated, the previous difficulty to get said drops is a very small chance at A3, oh and there the entire run is random. Of course a 100% drop is going to be pretty crazy.

People spend this many stones or more chasing crowns. I know it feels bad, but big picture it's not even 3 REM rolls.

RageSedai likes this.
  13. Snarf

User ID:
    I'm aware of A3. You could run A3 a million times and not get the drop you need. That just reinforces my point that GH is supposedly making us "drool" over a less severe way of obtaining something that should be reasonable (not easy) to obtain. People have already invested a shitload of time/money into getting an mp card, why do they need to pay more to evolve it?

I suppose I'm just annoyed when this game is more work and stress than actual enjoyment. I also don't use stones to pass dungeons or on anything other than the REM, so I guess I don't fall into GH's target group.

I only have RagDrag right now, so I don't need to sweat these materials.

14. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I sympathize for sure and I'm remembering my own poorly spent stones over my time in PAD. I do think it was kinda harsh to make this an hourly dungeon instead of bringing it back for 24 hours. Everything always comes back though.

15. ko300zx

User ID:
    Completely wrong and ass backwards considering this dungeon can be easily beaten with creative teams yet the strongest teams can struggle with it.

No pleasing some people. A3 is too much. A 3 floor dungeon with a 100% drop rate is too much. All MP cards should just come pre-evolved +297 and all future evos should just happen automatically AMIRITE? Hell, why don't they just implement an auto play feature that just matches the boards for you while we're at it. Working for something is soooo 2016.

nickjr and graps like this.
  16. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If it were easy, everyone would have one. Also other than RaDrag, these MP evolutions are strictly luxury, YomiDrag isn't suddenly clearing new content, she's just doing it faster same for Shiva Drag, ok I guess Nep Drag can clear more. I'm not sure what you are looking for in a game? Do you want a participation trophy or something? We are talking about the bleeding edge of end game content, shouldn't that you know kinda be difficult to obtain?

17. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    Creativity? Give me a break, these types of cheese teams have been known and shared since Arena 1ans maybe before that. There are very few people who are actually doing any serious innovation and everyone else is just copying them.

These cheese setups aren't creative nor do they require skill. They require you to have a specific card or set of cards which is exactly what people are complaining about.

This dungeon is a breeze if you have Hades and a nightmare if you don't. There may be some middle ground but I imagine there is very little and it's probably not worth finding when you can just cheese your way through for much less effort and greater success.

I could not care less about Radar dragons but pretending these dungeons are fair or favor players with more creativity is ridiculous.

Also the fact that Arena 3 doesn't have 100℅ drop rate is idiotic. Having a 100℅ drop rate just makes these radar dungeons less idiotic.

18. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    @ everyone complaining about how hard heradra is:

this dungeon was made around a year ago. it is literally designed to make you stone to complete it, it's supposed to have bs mechanics like ceres. being creative can get around these things, for example, I decided that I would grind Ceres below half and use a gravity inherit.

@Gig Seriously there is no need to complain about your fav leads not being able to clear stuff. They can, just look at how people have cleared colosseum with awoken haku, sylvie/freyja or even uriel/wangren. Not every lead is supposed to be good, it has never been like that, and yet every lead can beat endgame. I think that is good enough.

Has the game power creeped? For sure. You might have to work harder to achieve the same as the "meta" teams of today with the ones you want to play, but in the end, it's still doable.

nickjr and ko300zx like this.
  19. ko300zx

User ID:
    If these "non-creative cheese teams" have been around for so long, no one has any reason to be whining, because they have had forever to prepare.

Co-op allows you to partner with someone who has the cards needed for the dungeon that you might not have so no, you don't have to have a very specific set of cards. You can literally make a team of farmable cards, and sit with your thumb up your ass, while someone carries you through the dungeon. Let me guess, Machine Zeus isn't "fair" because you might actually have to try for that one too.

If you DON'T think the radar guerrillas as a whole are fair, you have a false sense of entitlement, which seems to be the case considering you think A3 should also have a 100% drop rate as well. Then again, this is the era where everyone needs their participation trophy so I'm not sure why I would be surprised.

20. choowy

choowy Member

User ID:
    choowy
    PADherder:
    link
    I've zero stoned Mech Zeus solo so try again.

There is a huge difference between Mech Zeus and Hera Dragon which can be seen in the wide range of leads that can be used to clear Machine Zeus.

I am going to whine about cheese teams because they are hella boring. You can cheese your way through Mech Zeus but there are plenty of traditional leads that can clear him too. I don't think that is an option in this dungeon.

It was really dumb of OP to waltz into this dungeon unprepared but just because this dungeon can be cleared with some preparation doesn't make this a good dungeon.

Fine, this dungeon doesn't require a very specific 6* gfe setup. And I guess it's not that hard with some creativity and preparation. Well it's still dumb and boring and, to me, there is plenty wrong with that.

To be clear, I haven't even attempted this dungeon because I don't care enough about Hera dragon to make some garbage cheese team. But for those who do want/need Hera dragon, they are basically forced to make a cheese team and I personally think that is a problem.