Raijin?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by toadashi, Apr 17, 2017.

1. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

So I pulled her a while ago and have her max skilled and leveled but I never see anyone play her. Is it the limited sub pool? Have people just not pulled her yet, she is fairly new, only 2-3 GF so far I think. I really want to play her but don't want to invest if I can never find partners. I tried searching for threads on here but only got mentions of people pulling her or wanting to pull her. Since team building threads don't really get made anymore I hope some people will respond with team ideas or maybe some friend requests. Thanks.

2. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I managed to pull her when she was introduced and so far she's been FANTASTIC! I keep her in my second slot and use her often so go ahead and add me. I know @bp1976 @Duyt and @RageSedai use her too. Her sparsity so far is likely due to her relative newness and 6* label, and while the attacker subpool is limiting it's far from making her incapable as a lead. I like to run a light-focused prongs team of

Raijin/Lightning/LD Maede Keiji/Ariel/Ana valk

with Ariel being my heavy hitter. With this team I can sweep through stuff without even using a skill most of the time. The main problems I run into are binds and skill locks. Binds are mitigated by inheriting light dragon swordsman on Ariel, but using Ariel&valk leave me with only 80% skill bind resistance. I really wish LD Maeda had LR Maeda's awakenings (mainly the double SBR). There's no reason you couldn't run a rainbow team though with whatever attackers you have.

Welcome to the club!

3. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey guys! Raijin is by far my current favorite A1 Farmer. I currently run Raijin/Fujin/Odindragon/ReShiva(Delay)/Noctis(Sheen)/Raijin. Full SBR, Odingon for Bind Clear. If I needed it I could inherit something onto Odingon for later in the dungeon, but I don't need it. (I think I might have an Indra on there from ReBastet but I never use it anyway). I literally run through A1 and the only skills I use before Kali are a delay if I get Hino and Fujin if I get Sopdet or Parv. If I get both, I just stall 17 turns on Parv until Fujin is back up and then kill her. Mejedra is the most fun, especially if he swaps Noctis or Odingon in. (just kidding, that can be annoying). A red, light, or dark TPA devastates everything in A1. 7c with green will kill anything too. Since Fujin is on the team, Noctis' devil killer is actually an asset. Makes Grisar fold over like nothing. Combo shields are a breeze. Activation with a couple of TPAs of any color with the Sheen bump is enough to one-shot Kali. A1 runs take 10 minutes or so and the only times I have ever died were due to forgetting something. (forgetting to pop a delay on Hino, shit like that).

My favorite thing about her is that her playstyle suits her typing. She is an attacker lead, so she only shields when she attacks. (The best defense is a good offense). That makes her very fast and not very dependent on skill use. @Xayvin has cleared A3 with her a couple of times. I personally have not, have gotten Vishnu both times I tried and his skyfall is disaster to a team that can't stall for a board. Raijin's main weakness is that she cannot stall, as her shield is tied to her attack.

@tetsusaiga64 I was wondering who you were!! You're the guy with the Sakuya inherit LOL!

@toadashi I cleared some space for new friends last night, feel free to add me. My ID is on the left there. Mine is hyper with three ATK latents, two SDR, and a dupe Raijin inherit.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    RageSedai likes this.
  4. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yup. ;) I was running a dungeon that had multiple binds and so I slapped sakuya on to my raijin. The inheritance stat boost and psuedo-SDR are nice but I've been finding, more often than not, that I charge up sakuya's skill without ever needing it.

And I would kill for a fujin, if only to make arena runs entirely mindless and quick.

5. 20matar

20matar Active Member

User ID:
    20matar
    I have Raijin with Fujin Inherited. Lol
    Raijin is my Main team, but I also have Dathena in slot 1.
    Slot 2 is alternated, some days are Kushi, Ulti Blonia, Ulti Yomidra etc.
    But slot 3 (always up) is Raijin lol.

330 499 334

6. Ikazuyr

Ikazuyr Member

PADherder:
    link
    I have a Raijin that is pretty much always up on my alt (356437401). I think I could probably improve my team (need to get 1 more SBR on there), but it works really well so far.

7. diz

diz Active Member

I had a lot of Raijins in my friend list. Didn't checked this in the last couple of weeks because I am just using Amenominakanushi and sometimes Balthier.

8. craiggerz

craiggerz New Member

I also always have Raijin up, id is 354 730 424