Reality check: Monster Hunter collab REM for non-whales

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Tek7, Jul 10, 2017.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:

The card sucks butt. The only thing it has going for it is good stats. Poisons are all but useless outside of a few very select encounters, none of which are in anything difficult. Short delays aren't all that helpful either. Artemis has MUCH better awakenings, comparable stats, and a MUCH better active. You would be out of your mind to bench her for a poison and a time extend awakening.

Ditch the fiance, spend all the wedding money on stones. Gotta make sacrifices if you want to beat the odds.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Trap and foxwaffles like this.
  2. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The thing is, I'm *not* thinking from that persepective. I'm a largely non-iap player that hasn't even rolled orochi or zeta hydra yet. On account of inheritable delays, I feel like it's decent, but hardly good. DAth is technically a "farmable" delay that's lower CD and dealys 1 additional turn. In terms of teams that can't burst past the predras, I'll admit that certain mono-green teams like Cauche might find some use in him if you don't have a freyja active and/or want a delay for things like Kagu.

I'll say he's decent, but I still don't feel like it's great. Certainly not 10 stone card great. He just feels too niche to me.

3. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    My alt account mains Osiris with 2x Vishnu and would use Rathian over Artemis in a heartbeat. The active is more useful imo than Artemis's active.

PDF3, Firenmage and Tyizor like this.
  4. Hashtag

Hashtag Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Double time extend, double skill boost and SBR vs one time extend, one skill boost, SBR, 2 OE, 2 TPA and a blind resist. I prefer having an extra time extend and another skill boost, tbh. I can't see any scenario where I don't deal enough damage without Artemis, but I do see a lot of scenarios where I'd prefer a poison/2 turn delay compared to an active that usually makes far too many wood orbs.

She's not the greatest card ever, but I'd pay 10 stones for mine. Maybe it's just my box or the fact that I play Fujin that makes me like her so much, idk.

5. ko300zx

User ID:
    So you would give up 2 OE awakenings, 2 TPA awakenings on a TPA-based team, and an active that makes your primary color, in favor of a skill boost, a TE awakening, and a poison/short delay? I suppose if you have absolutely no delay options (and need one for something), not even as an inherit or as a friends inherit, it MIGHT be a good sub. Either way, that that just means your box needs utility. It doesn't make a mediocre card good.

What are some examples of where you think it would be better?

6. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    It depends on each person and their options. Fortunately, I have a lot of good green options on my alt account so yes, easily. For a boom boom active i'd rather use Mei mei or 7c Romia. For orb fall I would use Vishnu leaving no space for Artemis. Rathian's active isn't replacable on a mono green team. You could SI delay somewhere, but it would be a lot slower.

I dont value 2x TPA on artemis very highly. Team damage won't be much higher with Artemis over Rathian because Diablos/Osiris/Mei Mei are the true damage dealers. For me, it's all about the active and I prefer Rathian's active easily. Also, I value fingers VERY highly on a 7x6 team.

Hashtag likes this.
  7. Hashtag

Hashtag Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    99.999% of cases. Seriously, Artemis will either make me 2 wood orbs when I need to heal, or she'll make 75% of my board wood. I agree she's a great sub, but when I need orbs I either find her useless or excessive in the large majority of cases. I would love her to death if she were the wood Andromeda and made wood/heal, but as it stands, I'd generally prefer Rathian to Artemis's normally excessive orb generation.

When I die with Fujin it's almost never because I didn't have 3-4 wood orbs and can't generate any and it's almost always because I'm too shit to hit 7c when I need to. Honestly, if RagDra got a third attacker typing, I can't tell you how fast I'd throw Kaede off my team in favor of him. Bad/hard to combo boards are my end more than anything else.

Firenmage likes this.
  8. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    @Hashtag

Go Fujin/Diablos. Even better if you have Osiris to pair with Diablos. You can thank me later. Every combo green lead should just default to pair with Diablos.

Osiris/Osiris was mediocre. Osiris/Diablos is very DAthena like in terms of damage/tankability. It's a huge difference.

332915340 if you need a Diablos friend.

9. ko300zx

User ID:
    I don't understand how you not being able to combo when you need to, or using an Artemis active when you need to heal or when it will flood your board turns a bad card into a good card. All it means is it is a good card for your situation. The thread and post you quoted is discussing the value of the cards in this REM and whether or not is is worth rolling. At 10 stones an attempt, and far better sub options available elsewhere, Rathian is absolutely NOT a card worth rolling for. Pretty plain and simple. If you got one in your free roll and can use it, awesome!

Tyizor likes this.
  10. Hashtag

Hashtag Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was simply stating Rathian isn't an awful card. If you feel it's not worth rolling then that's your opinion. My opinion is I'd rather roll Rathian than two trashy silvers/fake golds in normal rems. For my box and in my opinion, it's a good card.

11. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    I agree. He's no brainer worth 10 stones even for my main account.

Hashtag likes this.
  12. Niteblooded

Niteblooded Well-Known Member

Logged in to see if there was something I was missing with this REM but looks like it really is all about Diablos.

Time delay monsters used to be really cool. I remember shoe horning an Echidna back in the day. Now anything that's hard has a Status Effect Shield and usually a Rez badge. Sunken Serpant was a painful reminder how uninspired the game mechanics are now. They give you super powerful leaders but then gimp you in a narrow rule set. So another time delay card is whatever at this point. The dungeons it works in you either already trounce or it will be very niche.

TLDR; Time delay subs are still useful but just too situational with the abundance of Status Shields.

ko300zx and Firenmage like this.
  13. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    Maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to say, but delay was f'n amazing in Sunken Serpant. Floor 9 was delay heaven. I'm not even sure how to beat it without delay (excluding stoning). Other floors had plenty of delayable levels as well.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  14. ko300zx

User ID:
    And I'd rather roll Fujin instead of a trash silvers/fake gold as well, but you don't get to pick and choose what comes out of the REM. It could take you 100 stones to pull Rathian, and I could pull Fujin in 1 roll. That is the entire point of this thread. Is it worth it to spend/risk stones looking for certain cards in this REM, and the consensus just about anywhere outside of these last 10 posts is not at all unless you have deep pockets. Your stones will go further elsewhere. You can keep saying it's a good card for you, but if it takes you 100 stones to get, was it worth it? Nope, not in a million years. Again, if you got it in your free pull or something, that's awesome, use the heck out of it. That doesn't change the value of the REM though.

15. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody is using Glavenus. He is like an Aizen and works with Haku. Aizen was weak to resolve but this guy packs follow up damage. Having dark and red cross makes him very reliable. With Haku you can definitely get the triple cross and attack for a billion per sub or whatever obscene number it is.

Probably not going to be super meta but definitely as good as Aizen except maybe not unbindable.

16. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

Just rolled Glavenus a few minutes ago. He feels more like Kenshin, but with a RCV-boost and without a shield, and Kenshin isn't exactly a popular lead now. He'll probably make a good situational sub on a Kenshin team, thanks to that anti-resolve Awakening as well as his cross-friendly active. Activating that awakening while making two crosses can be hard tho.

Overall, I think Aizen is still better thanks to the high 6x base atk. He is better against combo-shields because he can work off one cross when making a bunch of other combos. Glavenus or any other lead that requires two crosses has a real tough time against combo-shields.

Vaedriel likes this.
  17. Rofl_Waffles

Rofl_Waffles Well-Known Member

Working with 2 colours means they don't clash as often. Its probably not that hard considering he has 3 fingers.

Kenshin wasn't used because he was rare and part of a crappy collab with no other good cards so nobody rolled it. He actually does little to no damage unless you have 2 crosses. Even with 2 crosses, they must be red and light otherwise you are doing mediocre damage. Why Aizen was so awesome is because he was 36x base and immediately 144x with 1 cross. Not to mention Aizen works with dark which gives him all the bonus points.

Glavenus works with dark and Haku in particular which im sure most whales have a stack of hyper maxed ones. Glavenus does basic damage with 1 cross but 2 cross is a respectable 324x. Three crosses should be fairly common on a Haku board. You can get that 2916x for the lulz.

18. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

The two crosses don't have to be Red & Light. They can be both Red; you can match a additional regular Light combo to achieve full activation.

19. Balz

Balz Member

Diablos is awesome but the best card to get is the blue 7 star. You can just bf a diablos.

Bira573 likes this.
  20. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did you Reincarnate your Artemis? I did both of mine. She's a dmg beast 297'd. Two 2900 ATK TPA's and that is without ATK latents. She would break 3K with latents, right on par with MAthena, plus she has two OE and one TE. Core sub for me next to RMeiMei.

I have mixed feelings about Osiris. Love/Hate relationship. He's got TPA & OE and a cool short CD... but crappy base ATK value and no SB... ever... in any of his evos. I am hoping they fix that with his Awoken version.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017