Recommended sequence for descends?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by azul120, Mar 5, 2015.

1. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I recently beat Hera twice (the 2nd on the Challenge Dungeons) and have all the normal dungeons unlocked. I have yet to beat Two Heroes though.

Can anyone recommend a sequence for tackling the dungeons, and is there any additional prep work or gods I should have? I know Awoken Odin can only take me so far as a lead.

2. SpoonishFork

SpoonishFork Spork fanatic

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The usual progression is Hera, Two Heroes, Zeus, Goddess Descended, and then it branches off depending on your needs. Some do Hera-Is after that, some don't. Once you get Zeus, you can beat a lot of the game. His subs are mostly farmable, and the ones that aren't are more luxury and help a little but not a ton. Valk/Verche/Echidna/Echidna beats a lot of things. MisterDrgn might swoop in at one point and would be able to help more on that. He's beaten a lot with Zeus. But once you get his team, there are a few noteworthy leads from descends like Satan and Beelzebub and Athena which will help with farming, though Zeus does that too.

3. felirx

felirx ?_?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The progression depends entirely on your team. If you're running something like Kirin you can kill Satan, Athena and many other things much earlier than you normally would.

If you don't have access to a decent endgame leader, the modern progression is roughly:

Hera and Two Heroes. Grind out Valkyrie. Build Valkyrie team. Use Valkyrie team to get Satan. Build Satan team. Use Satan team to get Athena. You now have a decent farming and descend team available.

We can't give you any more advice if you don't tell what team you're going with and without Padherder.

4. SNSD

SNSD Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Athena is much more than just a farming team.

5. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Posted my main god pulls here:

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=70005&pid=874741#pid874741

For stuff like the Sengoku ninjas, I have one of each. (Might end up keeping one extra the next time I pull any.)

My main momentary block is figuring out a Two Heroes build.

I also pulled both light and fire valk. Both are at the 6* stage.

6. SpoonishFork

SpoonishFork Spork fanatic

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the easiest Two Heroes build for you will be either Ronia or Lucifer. Ronia has enough RCV to stall forever as long as you can survive one hit. Just throw farmables like Vampire and Drawn Joker and King Baddie on the team, and you could probably get by with just 10k HP. A decently leveled team of Ronia/Vampire/Drawn Joker/King Baddie/Archdemon Lucifer/Ronia would easily have enough firepower to take down two heroes. Sweep floor one, stall on one mask on floor two for all actives, and then on floor 3 you can sweep again, and then floor 4 use a Ronia, which should easily kill the vampires, if not, use Drawn Joker and Vampire to kill. Then on floor 5 use Ronia + King Baddie + Lucifer to kill the bosses.

If you don't have the levels for that, then lead with Archangel Lucifer (2x HP and RCV for Dark) and then use Drawn Joker/3 High HP subs(Rainbow Keepers or Heras work great)/Lucifer or Vampire or Loki lead (2x ATK and RCV) and that should be able to tank all of the hits in the dungeon. Just use Lucifer on Highlander on turn one and then gravity/Morning Star the Berserker as you get skills. Easy as that.

7. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    you might as well make a padherder, listing all those gods and seeing it is tedious for both parties involved

https://www.padherder.com

8. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tried. It would be helpful if there were an option in game to sort your monsters by ID#.

9. Night Fury

Night Fury Blue Sonia is my Waifu Knight

Blue Sonia?! I'm so envious of you.

10. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i use padlistener, an android app, that auto records pad data, put it on a file, and can be imported directly to padherder. never manually edited padherder since

11. ruiyang

ruiyang Member

Read ur last thread as well and had to lol so hard cus u fused away few of the best rem monsters cus u have duplicates of them, haha. Lol u wasted so many good teams by not making a pad herder and posting walls of inaccurate text. It's gonna be awkward when u find out that multiple hanzo/Kali etc is actually freaking good.

Dude. Do yourself a favor and get pad herder. I suggest the community to stop helping this guy before he helps himself. U ask stupid questions and we give answers of 0 value to you because you don't provide the needed info.

People are putting time into helping you, but can't give u advice if the supplementary info is incomplete. We can say -> go get hades/Zeus to do X or Y, but based on the shitty scrambles of text from ur previous thread I can tell u that u don't even need to do any of those at all because u most likely IAP'd (or have been hoarding gems for a while).

12. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First rule: Grow up. Second rule: Use complete words. You're in no position to call out my shitty scrambles before you fix yours, dipstick.

People were a lot more polite about answering my queries, so there's no excuse for you to act like a troll. And not everyone is made of boxspace.

Ha, I know right? Got totally lucky. I was like "Ok, no more pulls this godfest. That's enough."

Now if only I could pull a Rodin.

13. ruiyang

ruiyang Member

Let me reconstruct my response in a proper manner.

First of all: Excuse me, but making incomplete sentences is pretty much part of the internet. Writing on an iPad requires me to keep things simple, yet readable. No reason to call names or tell someone else to grow up, lol. The world doesn't center around you and people don't need to improve their spelling on the internet before calling names and considering their reasoning invalid.

Secondly. Believe it or not: I was actually trying to help, just in an different fashion than others.

I honestly believe that replying in a more polite manner doesn't have effect on some people. This can be proven by the lack of investing time into pad herder, so people can actually help you. Instead of requiring others people's time AND the need to have them properly and politely answer you, consider the request of all the previous people asking you politely to make a pad herder so it's easier and actually possible for others to provide you answers at all.

You really missed the entire point of my post. Somewhat understandable if you thought that by stupid questions, you thought, that I meant that you are stupid. Again, What I meant is that there is no answer to an incomplete question. Hence the "we give answers of 0 value". No one can help you if you don't provide the tools to do so. With shitty scrambles I didn't mean your formatting, text usage, or grammar. What I meant is incomplete and incomprehensive information. That's why I had to lol over your decision (derived from incomplete answers) to fuse some of your really good monsters.

I lol'd over the decisions u made from incomplete answers, so thanks for the laugh. I hope you understand that copy pasting a link to your other thread, because your too lazy to make a pad herder, had this effect and that I have helped this community sparing the time of telling you to get pad herder. In general: I find it silly that you put in little effort, expect much in return and tunnel vision information.

14. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

@Ruiyang: this is much better. You have many valid points but the way you delivered the message before was a bit harsh. Since you didn't provide a link, some of your comments also seem out of context. If you cared that much by following OP's other posts, then why not use a bit more patience? Constructive criticism goes a long way. And last but not the least, if you don't like certain situation, sometimes keeping silent is also a viable option. This way, you will be less likely to feel frustrated.

@azul: as always, help others to better help you by spending time to constructure your questions and provide as much background information as possible. Ruiyang does have a point that by not giving out the complete picture, people's replies will not be as useful. This leads to wasted efforts on both sides. For instance, without this piece of information http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=70005&pid=874741#pid874741
    It's hard to guess from your original post in this thread that you have over 90 REM gods. The advice you will likely receive from others with that information will likely be very different from those without.

15. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I understand. I still have a bit of work to do before completing my Padherder, and keeping it up to date feels a little daunting. (I don't run Android btw. Once tried padproxy and it didn't work.)

16. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    Personally I did Hera, Two Heroes, and then I did Hera-Is. After that I took a break for a little while, and in quick succession did (in this rough order):

NOTE: Unless mythical is the only difficulty available, these are all LEGEND. 2weak4mythical :T

1. Kanetsugu (I regularly farm it now for Lucifer skill ups)
    2. Thoth & Sopdet (I've done it about 9 or 10 times now and nothing has ever dropped)
    3. Hera Ur (surprisingly easy)
    4. The Godess (Valkyrie) (Lucifer grind)
    5. The Thief (Goemon) (Lucifer grind)
    6. Hera-Sowilo (farmed it a few times for the lolz)
    7. Zhao Yun (lucked my way through it once, did it too early)
    8. Guan Yiping (master ofc)
    9. Cauchemar (again a lot of luck, did it too early)
    10. Beelzebub
    11. Satan

The only good leader I have that I have at a high level, and that I have friends for, is my Keeper of the Sacred Texts, Metatron. Outside of Kanetsugu, these were all done with the same subs

Metatron / God Valkyrie / Echidna / King Shynee / Angelion / Metatron

Nothing is max skilled except Angelion if you're curious.

I'd say Zhao Yun and Cauchemar should be done much later than I did them, and Hera Ur can be done around the same time as Hera Is and Kanetsugu, it's not that bad. Too scared to attempt Hera Beorc. I only was able to do Beelz and Satan b/c Light team. Satan can be annoying because he has 6 million HP.

Ftr, a lot of people say that Athena is extremely easy. I haven't done it yet still. Failed twice instead. So you might want to think twice about strolling casually into Athena.

17. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been following Reddit's side too, and they have a new descend ranking list that may help figuring out which one to do (and which not, lol): Descend Dungeon Rankings

The exact order will depend on what teams you have though. :)

18. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cool, thanks.

Just beat Hera-Ur on legend using Awoken Odin/Ama tank team. Blazing Ice Ogre, which I didn't have already, dropped, so that was a nice bonus to my new Hera-Ur.

I have the necessary monsters for the LMeta team. Just not sure about xp/skill lvs.

19. Dabs

Dabs Dabs Dabs Dabs

I always lol when I see people using the Internet as an excise for bad grammar. If you're lazy just admit it. No shame in your game. It's not hard to type without using "short hand" on an iPad and/or generic tablet.

Come on now! I hope you can do better with your excuses in the future, can't you? I sure hope so. G'day!

20. Marlboro

Marlboro Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    Regarding adding monsters in padherder, just use the sets tab instead of the monsters tab. So quick, just click on all the pictures of guys you have.