Retired player coming back

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Vio, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Vio

Vio Member

I quit for like 5 years and i have no idea what the game is going on now.
    My main was always Sakuya but now she doesnt seems to be a good lead anymore(not sure)

I used to play all kinds of team but now i try to be more focus as i wont have that much time as before.

Just looking for some ideas of EG team i could build with my box

I still want to use spike damage to blast throught levels like before if it is still possible.
    (I got my ass kicked by some flowers from whatever dungeon even with 200x)

I also have 470k monster points maybe i could buy something?

Thank you Screenshot_20190315-114730__01.jpg Screenshot_20190315-114716__01.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    If you're looking for a powerful, end-game spike team with a high attack multiplier, your best bet is Dark Metatron (DMeta). DMeta is currently one of the best leads in the game. She's also very popular so you should be able to find friends that lead with her pretty easily. Why DMeta is awesome:
    -2x hp from each lead (4x hp total)
    -25% damage reduction from each lead when you hit 7 combos
    -225x damage when you hit 7 combos and have under 80% hp.
    -An active with perfect synergy with her leader skill: bicolor dark/light board and self-damage to get you in your under 80% hp sweet-spot.
    -Really good awakenings: unbindable, two 7c awakenings that double her personal damage at 7 combos, and void damage penetration which allows you to hit monsters that nullify damage over a certain amount for full damage when you make a 3x3 box of dark orbs.

You also have a lot of good subs: Izanagi, Yomi, and Haku are all fantastic subs that should be staples on your team with your current box. Izanagi will boost your damage and reduce your hp every 3 turns; Haku has solid awakenings, high stats, and a nice board; and Yomi will give you some wiggle room for making combos with extra time and some damage with orb enhances. In the last slot you can toss in a card that fits the requirements of a particular dungeons. Some great options include Loki for his damage boosting active and awakenings, Persephone for more dark skyfall, Raphael for a shield and more time, or Lu Bu for a follow-up-attack awakening. Follow up attack is a relatively recent awakening that allows you to finish off enemies with resolve in one turn with a column of hearts. Resolve is an ability that lets enemies survive with one hp when you kill them while the ability is up, which often leads to some really nasty attacks from them the following turn. With Follow up attack (aka FUA), you hit enemies for one extra hp on the same turn to finish them off. Note that Lu Bu is off-type, meaning that he's not a god like DMeta's leader skill requires, so he won't fully benefit from DMeta's leader skill. When you get comfortable with the team, you could also potentially look into farming Eir: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4635. Eir can heal for a ton of hp with 4 hearts and hits really hard under 50% hp. Eir's active also unbinds and makes hearts. If you're aiming to beat some of the hardest dungeons in the game and run into some monster points, I would also consider spending MP to get this form of OdinDra: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3264. OdinDra has great awakenings and has a really useful active skill that can remove all binds and heal your team by 50% hp. Note: don't sell cards from rare egg machines (anything that costs magic stones or comes from a free roll from something that normally costs magic stones).

As for evos, you ultimately want the following:
    -Mega Awoken Dark Angel Metatron (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4740). Most of her materials are straightforward except the diamond dragon fruit, which you should be able to get in the mail from beating one of the March Quest dungeons.
    -All the subs should ideally be evolved to reincarnated forms, e.g. reincarnated Haku and reincarnated Izanagi. You can look up more on how to do that on padx. Note that it'll take A LOT of exp to fully level reincarnated monsters.
    -Lu Bu should be in awoken form, since he doesn't have a reincarnated (revo) form.

Aside form that, it's worth mentioning that the Mega evos of the Odins and blue Sonia (see padx) are all solid leads, but they're slightly dated and nowhere near as good as DMeta. They also don't hit as hard.

This is probably a lot of information to process since you've been gone for so long, but if you have any questions feel free to reply to this and I (or someone else here) will try to help you out :) Good luck and welcome back!

Blue90, Murdurus and MisterDrgn like this.
  3. Vio

Vio Member

Thank you souch for the detailed wrote up. I really appreciated it.

I suck at dmeta before as i have a hard time maintaining under 80% hp. But it is great that there are more active skills to reduce hp for myself which is cool.

I also notice there is something called "assist monster" shall i put assit to my leader and all my subs?

And do you think i should feed my +297 kirin kali and athena into dmeta haku and izanagi?

I have these +s in my box

Thanks again

Screenshot_20190315-212131__01.jpg

Noc likes this.
  4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    The hp management is a lot easier than it sounds. First, DMeta teams have a massive amount of HP (well over 100k hp in single player) and a standard (1x) recovery multiplier, so you'll spend a lot of time in the middling hp range because of your shield (the damage reduction) and lack of recovery. The team I mentioned also gives you a lot of actives for that purpose. Izanagi, for example, has an active that will come up every 3 turns. If you use it, he'll half your hp and double your damage which means you'll be hitting obscenely hard and it helps with hp management. You also have the active from each of your DMeta leads and Lu Bu's active when he's on the team.

When you add an assist, the duration it takes for your original active is added to the active of the card you add as an assist. So if Izanagi takes 3 turns and you give him an assist whose active takes 10 turns, you'll Izanagi's skill after 3 turns and the assist's skill after 13 turns. When you get the assist card's skill, you can only use the Assist skill and not Izanagi's. There are two additional advantages to having assists beyond the combined actives. 1) if the assist's color matches the base card then you get 10/5/3% of the assisting cards HP/ATK/RCV and 2) it protects you from skill delay. A lot of recent enemies have abilities that delay your active. If the Izanagi from earlier is delayed by 5 turns when his assist skill is active, you would need 5 more turns until the assisting card's skill is available again and Izanagi's skill would be available immediately. So the Assisting card gives you a protective buffer. You usually want your assisting card's skill to be better than the base card's and complementary so that you don't end up with a useless active when the assist's skill comes up. If you don't ever run double Yomis for a ton of extra time, I would definitely add Yomi on Yomi since you'll get a stat boost and protection from skill delay. Other than that, if you prefer bi-color over tri-color boards, you could potentially stick a Sonia on Haku. I usually don't like to inherit (meaning add as an assist) on Izanagi because his charge time is super short and DMeta because her active is too good. If you want to protect DMeta's (or Izanagi's) active from skill delay, I would just farm something with a super long cd that can function as an assist like Azazel then not skill up the assist card so that it takes as long as possible. If you take this route, you would definitely want to use DMeta's active before Azazel comes up. By the way, there is also this even newer thing called an equip. If you look at the red sonia's evolution tree, you'll see that she has an evo that turns her into a weapon. When this happens, the awakenings from the weapon are added to the original card in addition to all the earlier benefits. The catch is that if you turn red sonia into a weapon, you can't evolve her back (it's permanent).

I would definitely not get rid of REM rolls just to transfer plus eggs. Plus eggs are a lot easier to acquire these days. There are events where descend bosses drop a lot of plus eggs (30, I think?) and the monthly quest almost always includes a dungeon that has +297 as a reward. Actually, if you go to "March Quest dungeon - Int.", beating challenge level 7 will give you 297 plus eggs in the mail. There is also an upcoming Pal Egg Machine with plus eggs that you could use to plus them. And there is a limited time dungeon that is sometimes up for a short time that also gives a lot of plus eggs: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=1623. Your strongest sub that is on most cost no object DMeta teams is actually Reincarnated Izanagi. I would plus DMeta first and then him.

5. Vio

Vio Member

Again thank you so much for your info ..
    I just beat the march quest and got the rainbow in mail

I actually get back to the game for like 5 days like 2-3 years ago. That time i just wanted to play but irritated by my full box as there are a lot of new drops but i have no space. Then i sell/fuse a lot my REM monster and got these 470k moster points.. i literally has every single rem monster available at that time (only exception is green sonia)

i still have 2 rsonia kept so i probably will change one into the weapon and throw into haku.
    I just found i have three yomis so i can still double yomi with one yomi on yomi :)
    I dont think i completely understand the dual active cd issue you mentioned but i have two izanagis, so i could actually have iza on iza so there wil be no disavtage at all on the skill?
    I am pretty lucky then when i sell my redundants before i happened to keep these useful ones.

+Eggs wasnt easy to farm back then and it took me a lot of time.. suprised how easy it is to get right now
    But i am glad because i can save my sakuya as i still want to keep her.

I will need some time to digest all these info.
    Lastly i suppose there are other ways to skill up instead of farming monster with same skill? I remember there is a skill up tamadra or something

6. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    For cards that don't have unique skill up mats like DMeta, Izanagi, etc., your best bet is to farm Py. You need either a py the same color as the card, e.g. badpy (dark py) for DMeta and the light one for Izanagi, or a rainbow py that gives two skill ups to a card of any color. The most straightforward way to farm Py is through any of the arenas. If you run the arena, you'll have to be very careful around enemies like Sopdet and Parvati (especially Sopdet) because you can heal them if you hit them too hard, which sucks a lot with modern leads. Sopdet in particular kills you with a huge attack after a certain number of turns, so you'll need to figure out how to stay under his absorb (I think you need to stay under 200k). The alternative is to use a card with an active that gets rid of the absorb like Lugh (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4183) or Fujin (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4257) or any other card that ignores damage absorb for a turn. Since you don't have one, one option is to pair up with a friend who has one of them as an assist, but you'll miss out on a second copy of DMeta's active which is unfortunate because it makes an amazing kill board. Oh and feel free to feed those +6 farmable cards like those goblins or ogres or whatever they're called. If you're not sure if a card is from the REM, just sort your box by monster points. Any card worth under 3,000 mp is farmable.

If the skills are identical, then it doesn't matter which one you use. But keep in mind that Awoken Izanagi and Reincarnated Izanagi have a different active skill than other Izanagi evolutions. So if you put a different Izanagi on Reincarnated Izanagi, you'll get the old version of his active. That's true for all cards by the way. Reincarnated and Awoken have the same skill. And that skill is different from all other evolutions. When you make an Awoken evolution on the way to the reincarnated evo, your skill goes back to one so don't skill anything up until they're in the awoken (or Mega Awoken for DMeta) form. Since your whole team is gods, it won't make much of a difference for the damage bonus if you put a regular Izanagi on Awoken or Reincarnated, but you would lose the component that causes him to hurt your own team which may or may not cause problems with keeping your hp where you want it. Your best bet is to build the team and run it through some dungeons to get an idea of how the assists work out and whether or not you want you'd be okay with regular Izanagi on Reincarnated Izanagi. If you don't want to waste stamina experimenting, a good place to practice is endless corridors which is a 0 stamina dungeon in the special category.

7. Vio

Vio Member

Great i will try to figure out the assit
    I just got my mega awoken dmeta and found out how op it is... Tons of hp and crazy amount of spike damage
    7 combo is way easier than activating sakuya
    My first thing is get izanagi reincarnated and feed my 297 athena in him. Then will slowly work on each subs

Noc likes this.
  8. Vio

Vio Member

Lastly what is the best way to farm for exp now?
    Or is there some new guides i ccouldreadabout how yo effectively farm exp for my monster
    Thnaks

9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have the team, Training Arena in Normal dungeon. Other than that, Metal Dragon dungeons are on daily rotation. Extreme Metal Dragon or Super King Metal Dragons are on limited-time rotation but they usually occurs daily. Look at the LTD button.

Vio and Noc like this.
  10. Vio

Vio Member

Thanks
    So I followed your way and get my team all in reincarnated form.
    Screenshot_20190326-092215__01.jpg
    Now the trouble is skill up and i did get killed by sodphet when i try the arena.
    Instead of using lu bu agaist resolve enemy i use lakshimi instead as she is god and i found her heal sometimes useful. Especially with the +99dungeon just ended, i farm tons of + for all my teams and lakshimi was super useful.

What are other subs you think i should get that is useful in certain dungeon? I surely need a sub to get pass the damage absorb.. maybe i will roll the rem for that if there is a fest featuring them. Or Is there any farmable ones?

And any other tips for something else i could work on for my team?

Thanks again

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019 at 6:50 PM
  11. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, that was fast :) Yeah, Sopdet is a pain. There is actually a second enemy that uses the absorb mechanic: Parvati. In a really unlucky arena run, you can encounter both. Luckily Parvati gives you a steady stream of hearts for stalling until you're ready to kill her, so she isn't as bad as Sopdet.

Dealing with Sopdet: There are actives that ignore damage absorbs, which allows you to hit enemies like Sopdet for normal damage and finish them off in one hit. These actives are increasingly common. Some more common ones from the REM include Fujin (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4257), Lugh (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4183), and Gilgamesh (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4360). Fujin was actually first, so you'l sometimes hear people referring to an active that ignores damage absorb as a "Fujin active" even when it's not Fujin's. The most straightforward way to address this issue, is to have a friend with a DMeta who has one of the cards I mentioned as an assist. If you'd like, I can stick DMeta with a Lugh assist for you on one of my accounts, but unfortunately gungho likes to temporarily hide random friend leads after you've used them so she won't always be available to you. Until you roll one of your own in godfest, there is also a farmable one: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4420. Unfortunately, Panera is not a god and can't be used as an assist, so keep an eye out for super godfests with Fujin actives.
    Eir (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4635): One of the strongest DMeta subs is actually a farmable, Eir. I would take a shot at her dungeon next time it comes around. Eir heals for a ridiculous amount of hp when you match 4 heart orbs and hits like a truck any time your hp happens to drop below 50%. Eir is so powerful that she also occasionally finds her way onto other leads' end-game teams. Note that Eir's dungeon is really annoying and that she requires A LOT of skill ups. I chose to use py rather than putting up with her dungeon. Oh and Eir has no time extending awakenings, so keep that in mind if you replace anyone on your team with her. You could also just use her unskilled for a while.
    Other REM and non-Rem cards to look out for: You could also keep an eye out for strong DMeta subs in godfest like Archangel Lucifer (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4265), Allatu (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4368), etc. I'm also a big fan of combo boosting actives like Morrigu's (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4062) because it makes it a lot easier to hit 7 combos when you're making a column of hearts or a 3x3 square of dark orbs for a VDP to deal with an enemy that voids damage (different from absorbing it). Khepri (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3159) is a farmable that boosts combo count and also happens to be a god. Another good REM card to look out for is Kamimusubi (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3785). She is a dark god with follow-up-attack and a really fast active for adding assists. Kamimusubi is actually not your best option for that because Planar (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4196) exists, but Planar is a super rare roll from a specific 10 stone machine so I wouldn't chase her.

We're in maintenance right now, but I'll check my player id and try to post a DMeta with a lugh assist for you at some point tomorrow.

12. Vio

Vio Member

Great, thanks for your info again.
    I was fast because i saved a ton of evo material and kings and i can use the monster exchange to get most stuff and exp i need
    Bodin active is +combos as well, didnt aware it can synergise with the 7c awoken of dmeta. However i need the diamond fruit
    Is there a reliable way to farm the diamond fruit? I played thursday dugeon like 20 times and never see it, will there be a 2x invade or something?

I have lucifer, he was obsolete but the new skill and awokens in the reincarnated form is pretty good.

Btw i also rolled Ideal, she seems to be pretty strong, althought doesnt have the crazy hp as dmeta. Is there some team i can do with her? otherwise i probably just put her as assit due to her good stats.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019 at 12:13 AM
  13. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats! She's a great roll! Light Ideal is considered to be one of the subs in the game, but you don't have a good lead for her at the moment.

As a lead, Ideal is decent, but one of the defining features of the best leads around right now is that they're all pretty tanky. DMeta is definitely the better lead between the two because she can take bigger hits. Ideal's hp boosting awakenings don't make up for the lack of a shield or DMeta's hp multiplier. DMeta also has slightly more controllable damage. As a lead, people sometimes prefer to lead with the dark version since she's more flexible about her sub-pool (you don't depend on the available orb colors). Your optimal team for her would be a dark team to capitalize on damage from dark orbs, which means that a dark ideal team would look very similar to your DMeta team, except with DMeta as one of your subs for her amazing awakenings. Since she hits hard, you could potentially mix things up you have actives or awakenings you really like on a different colored sub. Light Ideal is a rainbow lead, so you would want full color coverage and ideally another rainbow active or two among your subs. You might be able to get away without rainbow subs since you'll have some 7c awakenings. Otherwise, one option would be to buy something like Ragnarok Dragon from the MP store, although I wouldn't recommend it since there are better ways to spend mp and other useful things will eventually show up at the store. Another option is to farm Gainaut and/or Linthia. Between the two of them, you would cover most attributes and have multiple rainbow actives. They're not great subs, but they're solid until you have better options. Other than that, utility actives like shields and useful awakenings like VDP. If you want to try running Light Ideal as a lead, you could potentially make her tankier by pairing her up with a lead like Reeche (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4413). Reeche has a slightly stricter leader skill (7c+4 colors), but she brings a shield for some survivability and gives you water coverage. The other awesome thing about Reeche is that she has a Fujin active, meaning that she'd be able to kill Sopdet for you. The catch is that you'll need to keep matching 5 colors to charge up her active skill (Reeche has a special awakening that charges your active skill each time you match 5 orbs). Note: Reeche's active won't charge unless you attack with every color (meaning you need to cover all 5 colors on your team). If you can't find a DMeta with something like Lugh as an assist, Light Ideal and Reeche should easily get you through Arena 1 for py farming. I actually have Reeche too, so I could stick Reeche in slot 1 instead of DMeta w/Lugh depending on your preference. Reeche might be easier to find than a DMeta with a specific assist.

14. Vio

Vio Member

Thanks again for the details, i actually have 2-3 reeche friends and ill look for more.
    Currently i use ideal with 1 star monsters to get s rank in a few dungeons easily.
    I like her because it is similar to kirin playstyle which i used to play and i love light teams.