Retired player wanting to come back

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Sherufanir, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I played PAD pretty seriously a little over a year ago, I took a long hiatus due to some other gacha games coming into light (most recently Epic Seven, prior to that it was Granblue Fantasy.)

I digress, I decided today that I was coming back after realizing that I wasn't completely screwed leader wise, I pulled Valkyrie Ciel with my free stones and I have Scheat as well. My biggest concern is how these teams are built and what the new meta is for leads. I know the discord is more active then the forums but, I tend to enjoy my time here more anyways.

I have not updated my PAD Box in a while but I will most likely do that here in a couple hours or in the next coming day!

Anyways, thanks for the help. <3

2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    The defining feature of the top leads is a combination of tankiness from high hp (or a shield for high effective hp) and often leader skills that can be activated off most natural boards. Ciel with her 4x hp and lax leader skill is good example of this. The same can be said of Scheat.

The other part of the meta these days, for better or for worse, are 3 key awakenings: 7c, FUA, and VDP. The 7c awakening doubles a cards damage any time you land 7 combos or more. So if you have 2 or 3 of those awakenings on a single card (like if you reincarnate your Gabriel), you can hit for 4x or 8x damage every single time you attack with 7 combos or more. Most of the subs that are considered good subs have 7c, a lot of utility, or both. Other than that, most good teams will have a follow-up attack awakening (FUA). You only need one of these per team. Follow up attack just hits for 1 extra damage when you match a column of heart orbs so that you can finish off enemies with resolve on the same turn. VDP, which stands for void damage penetration, is an awakening where you make a 3x3 box of orbs (yup, it’s as space consuming as it sounds) in order to be able to hit a monster that voids damage for more damage than its shield allows. VDP is only needed for dungeons with bosses that require it, so you could potentially leave VDP cards off your team unless you expect that you need them.

On that note, you’ll want access to two other things on an as needed basis. One is a way to get rid of awoken skill binds. If you have the MP for it, there is a UEVO of Odin Dragon (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3264) that often ends up on a lot of his teams because of his solid awakenings (including 7c, skill boosts, and time extends) and more importantly because he’s extremely effective at getting rid of binds on a reasonable cd. He finds his way onto A LOT of teams, so he’s arguably the best card in the mp shop right now. You have GrOdin, so you can use him as an inferior version if you’d prefer. The other thing you’ll eventually want is a way to deal with damage shields-shields that heal enemies whenever you hit for too much damage, e.g. Sopdet’s in the arena. There is an increasing number of REM cards with actives that address that including Lugh, Fujin, Gilgamesh, and Reeche. Another option is a farmable, Panera: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4421.

Putting it all together, if you try to build a team for Mega Awoken Scheat team, you already have a FUA from Scheat so you don’t need another one. You would pair with a friend’s Scheat, if you want more HP, or someone’s Madoo (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4411) if you want an RCV multiplier and a really strong VDP card. Note: if you team up with Madoo, you will need everyone on your team to have a fire main attribute or sub-attribute. Also note that Scheat and Madoo get a damage multiplier from comboing any 5 orbs (even jammers and colors you can’t use to attack). It's a lot more convenient and potent than the old 5OE leads and can be triggered on most boards without the use of actives. From there if you are comfortable hitting 7 combos without skyfall on a match 5 lead, you’d probably want to stack 7c awakenings and maybe some VDPs. Mega Rodin and Mega Blodin both have VDP and a fantastic actives that generates a lot of orbs their color and adds to your combo count so they’re both great subs. From here you would add subs with 7c for damage, time extends (if you need them), and with useful actives for dealing fire or water damage (fire if your friend is Madoo; fire or water if you're leading with two Scheats). Some good options to consider depending on who your friend’s lead is include Reincarnated Krishna (fire skyfall, really easy column of fire orbs, time, unbindable, 1 7c) and Reincarnated Gabriel (2x 7c, water+heart+healing from active), etc.

On a lead like Valk Ciel with an average-ish multiplier (144x) and a super combo friendly leader skill that gives you some extra time, you basically want to stack healers with 7c. While she’s not a rainbow lead, her subs are usually of multiple attributes because she’s limited to healers and there aren’t many strong healers with useful awakenings. Your box has next to no overlap with my Ciel team, but I would definitely stick Reincarnated Isis and Uevo Y’Shtola on your team. The former adds a nice amount of time, has a ton of recovery (ciel has high hp, but no RCV multiplier), 7c, and a low cd active you can inherit on top of. And Y’Shtola brings a ton of RCV and FUA. If you’re open to some farming, another great option is Eir: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4635. Eir has a great low cd active for generating hearts, heart OEs (which were buffed and now heal for a lot more when you match 4 hearts), and an awakenings that make her hit for 4x when your hp is under 50%. By the way, the heart OE buff also means that your Mel from the heroine REM is now a top tier sub :) I would hyper-max (max skill, +297) her at some point. And if you happen to roll Dark Metatron, who is at the top of the meta right now (shield, 4x hp, 225x damage, 7c and VDP awakenings, and an obscenely synergistic active), Eir is considered one of her best subs.

On a final note, Mega Sonias and Odins are solid leads, although they’re not really top tier leads anymore. If you don't care about leader rankings or just want to mix things up, they're worth a shot.

On a final note, a lot of people are rolling a lot in the current godfest because it's a pretty strong one. The lineup includes some really nice gungho collab cards (e.g. Raizer, Karin Shindou, Noir, Dark Reeche), D Metatron (Top tier lead), Sherias Roots (also a really good lead), the Witches (who are all pretty awesome), damage shield awakenings (Lugh, Gilgamesh), some nice 7c cards (Allatu, Uranus, Cronus, etc.), some nice healers for Ciel, Cotton (really versatile and powerful GFE), etc. As usual, there is also a decent argument for waiting since there is an upcoming Samurai Super godfest (also 10 stones) with a new and powerful samurai 3 pantheon as well as the previous two samurai pantheons that are both really good (you have some Samurai 1). To avoid an overly OP godfest, the upcoming one does leave out Dark Metatron and Roots which is worth keeping in mind. And it will include a not so good group of cards - the Ninjas (Fuma, Hatsumi, etc.)

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Sherufanir likes this.
  3. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    A little confused on all the acronyms :shame: otherwise I think I get the general idea of everything else!

I left the game at the tail end of the 7c cards becoming really strong, but I'm a little confused on the other ones like FUA VDP, etc.

4. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FUA may as well just be called resolve killer because that's all it's for. Make a heart column on a combo that would knock a resolve enemy down to one HP and the FUA hits them for one damage right after the combo ends and they die.

VDP is for bypassing damage void shields like you see on some of the radars and various other enemies. Match a 3x3 block of a card that has VDP's color and that card will not only ignore the damage void but it will deal 2.5x damage against the enemy too.

Noc likes this.