Returning from a 2 year hiatus. What are my best leaders / teams for the current meta?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Hughthemus, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Hughthemus

Hughthemus Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hello everyone! I'm returning from a long break of PAD and I'm trying to make sense of the current meta. I've tried looking for the "best teams of 2019" but I can't seem to find anything very helpful. Would any of you kind hearted individuals want to take a look through my monster box to help me put together some of my best teams for the current meta? Thanks! Here's and imgur link:

http://imgur.com/gallery/X4Lg8O0

Unfortunately it looks like PADHerder no longer works.

2. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Unless I miss something, it looks like Chidori is gonna be your best lead for now.
    You will need however to level up a lot of your monsters; thanksfully, they are currently giving 3 mini XP dragon a day :) That should help a lot.

As far as for the team, something like:
    Chidori / A.Famiel / A.SunQ / A.Nut / Amelia (for FUA)

Also to consider: LD Tsukuyomi if you feel you need more orb movement time.

3. Hughthemus

Hughthemus Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh wow, I just pulled her yesterday and didn't even realize how good of a leader she is! I'll definitely make a team with her and start buffing the party up. Are there any other teams that I could make? I know that DMeta, Eschmalli, Izanagi, Pandora, and a few others were pretty popular back when I stopped playing.

4. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DMeta and such are falling off the meta..
    The current meta is currently leaning toward 7x6 board leader such as: Tifa (mainly) or Nakoruru or Diaochan.... paired with some strong counterpart.
    One of the trend is to pair them leader which have a built-in FUA like: Haohmaru, Raoh.
    Another very strong leader pair is: Ina x Phenom.

If you came back in time for the freebie medal: Z8 core and Fagan are really fun new leader options.
    Z8 core is kinda the new DMeta
    As for Fagan, if you play solo, you need to have some very specific subs in order to utilize him, as you need to be able to 'transform him' as soon as possible and he requires > 20 SB to do so.

5. Sayuloveit

Sayuloveit Active Member

For a brand new account, would you say that Z8 is the best pick? Fagan looks really neat but I don't see being able to utilize him for a very long time where as Z8 could be plugged in right now. Long story short, I'm also trying to return but I'm not sure they'll be able to recover my account as I don't have all the info they seem to need from a 3 year ago break.

6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I guess the short answer would be:
    - If you play gonna play solo mostly, go with Z8.
    - If you play coop, you can consider Fagan, *if* you have the appropriate subs.

Z8 is gonna be overall a safer bet; and he's quite an amazing sub.

Fagan is quite nice, but: he's not that exciting as a sub and his team building is waaay too strict right now, and would require you to have at least 1 Valeria sub (Whaledor does work too... but not nearly as good) for solo build.
    A coop Fagan team is a lot easier to build (compared to Solo Fagan, not compare to Z8 team) and yet not trivial.

Overall my 2c would be:
    - You can either hold onto the coin until u have a team ready for it (there's no expiration date on them).
    - Or go with Z8 core, especially if you already have a slot for him.
    I perso waited until I pulled one from the REM then exchange for the other one.

BurningMan likes this.