Returning Player

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Caboose, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Caboose

Caboose New Member

User ID:
    Bwachtel
    Returning to the game after a few years.

Has anything replaced pad herder?

I was hoping someone might be able to help me figure out a good team to work on with my current box. Below is photos of my box.

(apparently I can't post links yet)

2. Caboose

Caboose New Member

User ID:
    Bwachtel
    Adding post to get to link minimum req

3. Caboose

Caboose New Member

User ID:
    Bwachtel
    I have to wait one more day to post links I think. To my Instagram photos of monster box

4. black-wolf

black-wolf New Member

I'm also on the same boat. Back after a few years. Managed to keep the old account. But can't find nothing like padherder.

5. Caboose

Caboose New Member

User ID:
    Bwachtel
    And non of the existing players seem to want to help....

6. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

I can try to help if you can post your box. I’m returning too (took a couple month break) but have been playing for a while.

7. Caboose

Caboose New Member

User ID:
    Bwachtel
    Thank you so much! I've been trying too but had issues with posting links. I'll see if I can do it now.

8. Caboose

Caboose New Member

User ID:
    Bwachtel
    Awsome! Finally can post links. So that's my whole box sorted on favorite and then by rarity.

If that doesn't work let me know how you would like me to share my box. Unfortunately I don't think pad herder works anymore?

9. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    @Caboose Sorry, the forum has been pretty dead the last couple years. Actually the whole NA community isn't what it was, but you may have better luck engaging with people on Discord, for example https://discord.com/channels/243014364129525760/303395020621348866

Here is some general advice for returning players:
    1) Thanks to new evolutions, many of your old monsters will be substantially better (although you won't have the materials for some evolutions). However, you almost certainly won't have any of the best leads or subs. (PS: When you're viewing a monster, you can see all of its evolutions, if you didn't know that.)
    2) The best monsters today are either very rare godfest exclusives, or from special REMS (collab machines or season machines, e.g., Valentine's or Summer).
    3) Getting the best monsters in special REMS requires fantastic luck. Therefore, your best bet is to save up stones and roll heavily in a godfest event. This will give you the best chance of getting top monsters because (a) you may roll them directly, and (b) you may get trade fodder. During most special REM events, godfest exclusives can be traded for the top monsters from those events, so that's the most reliable way to get them.
    4) You can get a lot of free stones right now, so start saving up. Make sure to run the daily freebie dungeons. Check out the Quest dungeons. And also
    make sure to tap on "Achievements" at the top of the screen and do the 8th Anniversary Achievements while they're available.
    5) As I said, Discord is a good resource if you have questions. You can also check out https://mantasticpad.com/ which features reviews of rare egg machines and events. The latest review is about the King of Fighters collab, which almost certainly is not worth your stones. Wait for a good godfest, maybe a seasonal godfest.

samuelburtt and CloudnineXXX like this.