Returning player's question about JP to ENG translation

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Moonwalk, May 24, 2019.

1. Moonwalk

Moonwalk Non-IAP

Hey guys, thanks in advance for your response. This forum has been my go-to place for all PAD related stuff when I was playing the game years ago.
    I think it must have been about 3 years now that I stopped playing it (and moved to other games), but recently I had the urge of moving a couple orbs again.

I won't be reinstalling the NA client...
    I was thinking about reinstalling my JP client (300ish rank), since their events are frequent and content is up-to-date, so the only thing I'm wondering is

"if in those 3 years I was absent, maybe now there is a way to translate the JP menus into English?"

Is there a way? An extra APP, a dat file that needs to be modified and replaced, or anything else? I'd appreciate the input.
    If there still isn't a way, I guess I'll stay away from PAD for a bit longer. I wanted to casually jump into my JP client, but since I haven't touched any version of PAD in several years, I'd just be lost in translation.

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    AFAIK, Google translate app is quite decent. Take a screenshot of what you want to translate, load it onto the Google translate app, then highlight the ones you want to be translated. Of course it's "google" language but eh, you'll know what it meant.

BurningMan and Moonwalk like this.
  3. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With the new ui it should be way easier to figure stuff out even dungeons have small pictures that should make it possible to see what dungeon it is.

4. Moonwalk

Moonwalk Non-IAP

Another year has passed and here's the same question again in hope that there has been progress:
    - Have the devs added an option ingame on the Japanese client to switch language to English, or no?
    - Are there any 3rd party apps that could do the trick?
    If not, I'll just stay away from PAD for yet another year.

Thanks for the response in advance guys.

5. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't see why they would have an in-game option to translate everything for you, that kind of defeats the idea of localization; not that I wouldn't be for it, I just don't see why they would if they don't have an incentive to do it.

What is exactly so wrong with NA that you'd rather not play than to play on NA? I mean JP does get certain select collabs that the NA doesn't but for the most part, we get most things. And sure, JP get things early but it's only roughly about 2 months before NA gets it. JP also probably get a little bit more freebies but I hardly see that as a reason to not play in a language you can understand.

You obviously show enough interest to want to play to even bother to come back and ask about it again, so why not just play it on NA? Would you really rather not play than to play on NA? :confused: