Rikuu Tournament!

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Fridgeboy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Heh. I used to give up after 1 or 2 runs mostly because I never had a decent team to run them with. Now that they have been mostly fixed team and my box is getting better (for the few non-fixed), they are more fun. I still don't go crazy blowing stone after stone on them, but they've definitely grown on me.

2. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

What is your team? I changed my main by pulling kiri and putting in shazel and first run netted 11.2% (from 26.X%) and that's with 2 non one shots. I'm pretty sure a green, red and light combo will one shot rikuu but one extra skyfall may void tsubaki...

Currently my main is tsubaki (mito), shazel (halloween verdandi), whaledor (yusuke), ragdra (lakshmi) - 11.2%

Alt: Tsubaki (uriel), shazel (ceres), whaledor (yusuke), tsubaki (strawberry dragon) - 9.1%

3. ko300zx

User ID:
    Whaledor, Tsubaki, Tsubaki, Kiri

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Took me about four scouting runs to figured out the trick. Skyfall and RNG, especially on bicolor board for Zeus Vulcan are mostly the deciding factor.

Vaedriel and ko300zx like this.
  5. mtb911

mtb911 Semi Retired Recovering Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got myself down to 13.6% I may try a few more runs to see if I can get lower.

Team: (Mass attack badge)
    Verse - Shazel^Metatron - Whaledor^Ganesha - Tsubaki^Sheena - Kiri^Metatron

Fl1: Light TPA
    Fl2: Blue/red match 3
    Fl3: Any Match 3
    Fl4: Shazel^Metatron > Whaledor^Ganesha > Light TPA and one other match
    Fl5: Blue match 3 and 1-2 more combos
    Fl6: Tsubaki^Sheena > 9 combos (quit if fail)
    Fl7: Light TPA and 1-2 more combos
    Fl8: Kiri^Metatron > red or blue or dark match 3.
    Fl9: red or blue or dark match 3
    Fl10: Red match, Dark TPA and 1-2 more combos.

6. Devate

Devate Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My first, and so far only, attempt was with my Fio team. Fio^Meimei - Quartz Ney - Green Cotton - Odindra - Ragdra with another Fio assisting. Actually went fairly well, though I lost a lot of time on the floor with the combo shield. Maybe I'm just bad but I have a hard time getting to 8 combos without getting lucky with skyfalls.

7. ko300zx

User ID:
    Pair with diablos if you're just going the standard matching route. More combos and much easier to clear the Zeus floor.

sgt502 likes this.
  8. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I'm maxing out around 31-32% no matter what team I try. Would be happy to hang on for a Rikuu, though.

9. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Anyone know the crown cutoff in JP?

10. ko300zx

User ID:
    About 115,700.

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  11. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Fair warning to people, it can matter with Tsubaki going over whether you match a red match with X number of +orb enhanced orbs in it or not. None can be too little for some teams, three +orbs can take Tsubaki over into nulling out.

With the team I happen to run, 4 matches works, more is a fail.
    e.g. Fire, Water, Wood, Light/Dark/Heart works for me.

Zeus / Raphael / Tsubaki^Cthuga / Avalon Drake / Female Blue Hunter^Kaoru / Zeus
    where my inherits are purely for stats tweaking to atk and team hp, and blue hunter has two dragon killers, which actually does matter for damage calculations on the final floor, as the final floor is rather combo count / color / latents sensitive.

I could make it more reliable with double Tsubaki but I've been lazy so far.

Pandapet's Zeus Verse clear:

Reco being Reco and crowning with 6x7 and no killers:
    Not really useful, but entertaining to watch.

12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    115656 and the top3 JP teams, courtesy of protic
    noting that the JP teams are doing some weird things with Ideal^Luci and Brachydios and general button madness, and I am actually not 100 percent sure which floors or why that works better. Very hipster. Much doge.
    https://pad.protic.site/2018/02/26/ranking-dungeon-rikuu-cup/

The prior challenge cup, NA ran about 1000 points lower than JP though.
    So. Salt accordingly.

Cheeseghost, CloudnineXXX and ko300zx like this.
  13. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

So my main is at 10 percent and my alt is at 11 ATM. I'd really like to believe I won't go below 26 on either. Also if you don't have Kiri, Ragdrag and Brachydios Hunter make fine dragon killing subs

14. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I THOUGHT I had all the right subs for the Verse team... and now I am screwed and will never get a Rikuu. I watched a bunch of videos of Verse teams in JP, and some had latents and some didn't. None of my subs have latents (except for Verse who has balance x2) since I hadn't started farming A3 until the last month. Here are my issues with a Verse team:

Main:
    Turns out I don't have a full heal. I Revo'd both my Ceres and Ama. :facepalm:

So I tried and died/quit with these various teams:
    Verse / Tsubaki^LMeta / Tsubaki^Ganesha / Kiri^BMeta / Shazel^Avalon
    Verse / Tsubaki^Tsubaki / Raphael / Kiri^BMeta / Avalon
    Verse / Tsubaki^LMeta / Tengu^Ganesha / Kiri^BMeta / Avalon
    Verse / Tsubaki^LMeta / Ganesha^Indra / Kiri^BMeta / Mito^Avalon
    Verse / Tsubaki^LMeta / Ganesha^Indra / Kiri^BMeta / Shazael^Mito
    Verse / Tsubaki^LMeta / Ganesha^Indra / Kiri^BMeta / Shazael^MasamuneEQ

On my 3rd of 4th run I actually made it all the way to Rikuu and couldn't OHKO him... but I whittled him down and got the stone and clear with whatever negative seconds for my score and I'm sitting at 66.5%

Rolled a Diena #4 on the free REM roll you get for clearing the dungeon.

Alt:
    My Alt has a Ama... who is not skilled up at all. Also has two Ceres... one Revo'd and the other AnaCeres... with a CD maxed skilled at 12. Which is 2 turns too many for a Verse team set up the specific way it needs to be.

I tried as many variations on my Alt as I did my Main, only my Alt gets stuck on Rikuu. I combo like a MF'er and only get him down to 70%, 80%, 90% or f***ing 95%. I'm seriously scratching my head here. My Alt still hasn't cleared it yet.

In all those JP videos, people are doing 1-4 combos and Rikuu gets OHKO'd. Some of them have latents and some don't. It's frustrating the s**t out of me. Neither of my accounts has a max skill whaledor. Before I spend another 20-30M in gold switching SI's around, I think I need to try non-Verse teams. Otherwise I'm gonna toss my phone across the room again.

15. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

To put it in perspective. I 2 shotted rikuu with Dath with a kiri on the team. I actually used Dath and blue ney for leaders. The only annoying part where I lost my time (I was just trying for a clear) was the stupid bowl on floor 4

16. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    doubl
    Rikuu....double tsubaki with verse leads 4 red 1 combo = ohko. rikuu has void so cant go over 1 combo.

IIRC with 3 red you can make 3 combos max with 1 set of red. i almost never go this route so my memory may be spotty.

17. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, so I just ran a Yog team 4 times through the dungeon and found the right team:

Yog^Rathios / Ilm^stats / Sheena^stats / DRoots^LAkechi / Ilm^Jor

This team has the right amount of killers to not go over dmg on Zeus floor. My Main is sitting nicely at 46.3%. That is a 20% jump over what I did with Verse. I can work on getting thru it faster, I think.

@CloudnineXXX My main can't run double Tsubaki because I have no full heal.

*EDIT* So my Alt just ran this team:

Yog^Rathios / Ilmina^Jor / Sheena^stats / Tsubaki^LMeta / Diachan^GanNing

Cleared the dungeon and after 3 runs I am at 46.7%. At least that is something to work with.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  18. ko300zx

User ID:
    Edit: You have Ganesha. Lmeta and Bmeta. That's fine for double Tsubaki.

For latents, all you need are Devils on Verse to make the light floor much faster. Otherwise you have to combo hard or sub in Shazel who doesn't really fit with 2x Tsubaki. You can probably get away with pairing with someone who as a TPA equip and triple devil killers and just making light TPAs and comboing decently.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  19. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Latent killers don't matter. With double Tsubaki, watch closely how they can one shot Rikuu. Is it a one combo only? How many orbs? How many enhanced orbs in that combo? With 10x all stats to dragons even a slight variance can have a huge impact. No full heal can be circumvent by Ganesha, Raphael or similar skills. Use it in F4 while healing, so you'll end up using two skills on that floor. One to heal and the other to block Kagutsuchi's preemptive. Might have to count how many SB you'll need and swap subs as necessary.

20. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    This looks cool, I enjoy d. Ideal but I can't remember if I have a second whaledor max skilled...I think I have enough piis to do it real quick but what is that dark green diamond assist?