Rikuu Tournament!

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Fridgeboy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    Nergigante assist evo. It grants one skill boost.

Cheeseghost likes this.
  2. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Thanks! That's annoying lol but makes sense, trying to see what coincides with each floor and what floors you have to combo just by the assists

3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They're all weighing on buttoning some floors for speed. The third ranked even have as much as five buttons.

4. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I cleared it with Anublos for the stone.

Good luck to everyone who's chasing Rikuu, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

5. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You may have better luck with Fio. You probably will not crown (maybe it's possible?) but it's DEFINITELY possible to OTKO everything and get 25%. It took 10 - 15 runs but I got just over 26% for my best run, and even on that one I had to use an extra turn early on when I didn't have enough dark orbs and no actives up.

Fio(Grodin)/A.Ishida/Ragdra/Shazel/GGY/Fio has been working fine for me. GGY is there for emergency green orbs, Ragdra is there to kill stuff, Shazel ensures the chicken on floor 4 dies instantly. Fio also can unlock orbs on the Hermes floor, which is very handy as you head into the final floor. Either a Gronia active or Ishida's active can often result in a OTKO on Rikku, but it requires some luck.

For the Zues floor, I pop Gronia and if the split is too wacky I'll pop the other one. A bunch of 3 orbs without L's and he dies with 9, 10 or 11, maybe 12 combos. Sometimes skyfall screws it up if you're unlucky. I have no idea who is doing the killing, and maybe I should check to see which of the subs is staying under his cap...

In any case, since you have a beefy Fio team it's worth a shot.

Vaedriel likes this.
  6. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I've dropped almost 3 points in a day I'm at 20 % now definitely a little worried although I already have rikuu

7. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I just had my best run... 26.8%. Gah. Although I'm gonna have to push into the upper teens before I believe it'll hold up anyway. Back to battle. :)

8. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Does anybody know for nergigante hunter skill how damage is calculated? Like for sub attributes or monsters of both type.. trying to do button math lol

9. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I SI Ganesha on Tsubaki, he won't be up in time for F4 (I tried that route, his CD is 13 and any SI on Tsubaki can't be more than 17-18). My Verse has 2 Balance killers on him. I don't have any Killers laying around. I'd have to farm A3 for them.

Good point, need to review that again.

Main has a Fio, so I will see how she does. Thanks for that tip!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It would be inherited onto your lowest CD card, not on Tsubaki. Tsubaki would get a heal inherit, and if using one, a bicolor board change for Zeus.

11. Yani NP

Yani NP Believe in the heart of the skyfall Gods!

User ID:
    I didn't even bother trying with my alt. My main however is now broke after switching back and forth inherits.
    I'm sitting at 10% but who knows for how long.
    As many already knew with 2x Tsubaki you can just 4 red/1 combo but I only have one so took me a few days to actually one shot the last floor and my conclusion is you can match 3 red with max 5 combos or 4 to be safe and you should be good.
    My team set up: Verse - Shazel(Ama) - Kiri(ReCeres) - Yusuke - Tsubaki(Uriel)

12. ko300zx

User ID:
    Just had a perfect run going, about 8 more secs than I normally have going into the last floor. Robbed of my red orbs. Game over. Thanks PAD. I always know I can count on you to fist me sideways just when I need it.

13. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

Do you have whaledor?
    something like verse / tsubaki(lmeta) / whaledor(ganesh) / tsubaki (bicolor) / kiri (lmeta) should work. That's what I use.
    Make sure lmeta on kiri is the equip version.

14. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Exactly as it said in the game. 40x of team's wood and dark total attack. Including main and sub attribute. You can see in your team slot how many wood and dark attack your team has.

I use Revo Raphael and Ganesha assist respectively for my main and alt. If you put them on Whaledor it'll be up in time. I don't have full heal on both of my accounts. Shazel (2 SB)/Tsubaki (2 SB)/Whaledor (5 SB)/Female Blue Hunter (1 SB). A total of 16 SB including dual Verse. Any assist will come up by the 4th floor.

If you don't have Whaledor, Tengu also works. 4 SB but he has one turn shorter CD. Not a dragon though so he doesn't get 10x stat boost.

15. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fio update--it's a really lazy way to blast through because you have so much time and so much damage control. Zeus is easy with a Fio active and 9 - 12ish combos without even thinking. Rikuu is equally easy, since she's fire you can really blast the damage up a few notches and smush her without concern of hitting the cap. I again got sub-25% with 1 extra turn early on, but someone who can combo much faster than I can surely do significantly better.

Scorewise I'm not sure if it's better to take time and get some extra combos, or just lazily proc green/wood and watch the last few floors die.

16. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dude, I hear you. I'm sitting at roughly 30M gold on both of my accounts right now. I think I blew through 20-30M over the last 3 days trying to figure this shit out. Will have to farm the hell out of the weekend dungeon for a freaking month to recoup.

Okay, so in order to have all my SI's up in time, I HAVE to run this team config:
    Verse / Tsubaki^LMeta / Tengu^Ganesha / Kiri^BMeta / Shazael^Avalon

Which I tried and didn't one shot Rikuu. This is either because:
    A) Tengu is not dragon type so no buff
    B) I am not understanding the mechanics to OHKO'ing Rikuu
    C) All of the above

I think my issue is C.

I have Whaledor x2 on my Main, x1 on my Alt. None of them are maxed skilled and only one of mine is max lvl.

Basically, if I want to beat this tournament with any hope for my first Rikuu (since I missed the monthly quest he was featured in) then I have the farm the hell out of A3 for the next 72 hours and try to knock it out of the park in the last 24 hrs of the tourney. Alrighty then. Game on!

Since I am farming killers, what are best places to put them? I've seen Devil on Verse, Machine/Devil on Tsubaki, Dragon on Shazael? Does that sound about right?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  17. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What did you match on the final floor? One fire and one dark match with 1-2 other combos should do the trick I think. You could also do the math for it if that's any less frustrating than another attempt.

18. ko300zx

User ID:
    Tengu, Tsubaki, Tsubaki, Kiri should have all the inherits up in time. It's one SB less than Whaledor but 2 turns shorter on the base CD. Like I mentioned earlier, Shazel probably has to go if you want an easier 1 shot. Tengu's damage is irrelevant. All of the floors but 4 and 6 are swept with Blue, Red, or Dark damage.

Tsubaki goes over with 4 combos. That's why people have been suggesting 2. 2 of them with 2-3 combos (or 1 combo with 4 orbs) is a 1 shot. Trying to make more matches with one on the team causes it go over and you have to rely on everything else which I'm not sure will work.

19. Yani NP

Yani NP Believe in the heart of the skyfall Gods!

User ID:
    When I said broke I mean literally under 1m gold. I had no choice but to sell some pluses lol

20. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Similar situation here. I was 2.7% yesterday and 4% right now. Not even sure my current score will hold for crown.

Cheeseghost likes this.