Rikuu Tournament!

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Fridgeboy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Nice! Keep grinding away. Is there any particular area you're getting hung up on that maybe we can give some pointers to give you that last boost you need?

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Currently at 10% with my main. My alts 9% has dropped to 11% two days later.
    This is the team that did it for me.
    Verse
    Pralinae-Lmeta
    Tsubaki-Ama
    Avalon Drake
    Tsubaki-awoken Uriel.
    Verse

Pralinaes devil and god killers were very helpful and finally getting to ohko Rikku was awesome. I had a run with a better time when I got to Rikku. Made one red dong at the very top of the screen. No double orbs under it. Still got a stupid skyfall. Ranking dungeons are pretty dumb. Even if you build a perfect team still so much rng with board changes and just what orbs you have when you start. I wish they valued combos more than speed or at least kind of equally?

Vaedriel likes this.
  3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yuwa is the PAD GOAT. I like how bold this kid is, and he did it using his fingers without any stylus.

There's still plenty of time. Hope you can get Rikuu!

Vaedriel and ko300zx like this.
  4. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1) The bowl floor. I need more Devil killers on the team. :( I can't swap in Shazael either because of the way my SI's are configured. I'm going to farm A3 later tonight, but so far I only had 1 dev killer show up and then I died on Sopdet because I haven't figured out yet how to deal with her with Yusuke without using my only fujin SI.

2) The only other place I get hung up on is Rikuu. If I do 1 prong with all enhanced orbs, it leaves him with <5% HP so I end up 2-shotting him most of the time. Usually my final board will have all enhanced fire orbs since I save 4-8 fire orbs on the board from previous floors and I am trying to figure out what combination of 3 or 4 OE red orbs will do the trick.

5. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I still vote for Fio. ;) Shazel fits perfectly on the team (well, active aside) and will basically guarantee a OTKO on that damn tuna bowl.

A Fio active will almost always OTKO Zeus unless you get some bad luck. And It's pretty easy to OTKO Rikku too.

It saves you A3 farmhell and you don't even need to be that fast--just a gentle OTKO (which is harder than it sounds, obviously) with moderate comboing can net you ~20% without much trouble.

Vaedriel likes this.
  6. ko300zx

User ID:
    Don't think you need to farm them. Make sure you are picking a friend with an inherited TPA (Weld, Valphalk) and making as many light TPAs as you can and a red match if you can. Triple devil killers on both cards I could kill with 2 tpas (2 Weld inherits), no extra combos. If you can make 3 tpas and a red combo, it should kill too. Don't match lights on the first 3 floors so you have plenty.

Are your Tsubakis maxed? 1 match with 4 orbs should be fine. If it's not, I would do 3 combos (one being dark), with a 3 match of red, not 4.

7. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I'm at 27 and 29% on alt and main, lol. Just need to get a little faster and then hang on. :)

8. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    TIL

9. ko300zx

User ID:
    Ugh, my alt account is making me rage. I can't match quickly because the stylus will just drop the orb if I do and I don't have anything but a 7x6 option. Just want Rikuu for coop purposes. Harder to get under 26% on this shit phone that it was to get under 6%.

sgt502 likes this.
  10. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    I remember doing the tournament on my phone earlier during the week. I lost at least 30 seconds due to lag.

11. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Both of my accounts have Balance killer x2 on Verse. My Alt has Weld SI’d on it.

Both accounts have 1 Tsubaki hypermaxed, the other one is not. I totally forgot to run STTD to 297 them until you just mentioned it, lol. My Alt has a STTD invite sitting in its mailbox. Adding that to my to do list tonight.

@ko300zx I was thinking about your Nene SI idea... with Kiri on the team would the blue orb matches go over Vulcan’s limit? Right now with Avalon just the light matches being multiplied and green dmg at normal rate, it’s enough to OHKO him. Granted, using him is tons of stress when the AS screws me 3-4 runs in a row with a bad color split board. Would love to not worry about that.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  12. ko300zx

User ID:
    If Tsubaki isn't maxed, just make 3 red, 3 dark, and an extra match combo.

The blue orbs don't matter, but yes they go over. The only cards doing damage against Zeus are the Verses.

Vaedriel and sgt502 like this.
  13. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Light chicken makes light orbs for you so I'd make as many light TPA as possible. If any of your Dragon subs has light sub attributes, it's even better. Might want to check/calculate the damage from those TPA just to be sure.

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    I wouldn't go crazy calculating. There isn't much other option on that floor. Farming killers is just not going to happen. The odds of getting enough Devil's in 3 days is slim to none. Just have to combo hard that floor which is fine if just trying to get under 26%.

sgt502 likes this.
  15. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Im actually good at velocity, from my TEC corridors practice being a lot of four second RaDra whenever I want to warm up, so thanks for suggesting. Will try 6x7 tonight. I just assumed Zeus was better.

I saw reco's crown clear 6x7, and I'm that fast maybe 2 or so floors out of 7 when the board suits me or I'm randomly inspired, but not a full dungeon, vs fumbling a floor with medium combos, though I suppose he was x4 whaledor and not buttoning/bicoloring all out per se.

Seems fun to try.

x5 xp on descended rush has been decent this week for slightly faster leveling up stamina bar btw...floors are somewhat interestingly varied, if a little trollish.

16. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I'm still not positive about whether it is better to absolutely minimum 1 combo.

Or if it is actually okay to 3-5 combo if you can whisk it out in a blistering fast swipe. Like 4 combo in 1s.

Is the animation time a straight up loss no matter how fast you combo, or is it mostly a problem because most people tend to take a lot longer than 1s while fooling themselves about how much time they use.

Or 4 in 1s would be fine, but flips negative if it skyfalls to 5, on skyfalls being slow, so that it's too risky to mix in more than a floor or two.

It kinda seems like the 6x7 crowning runs by the GOATs do show that blistering speed makes combo okay. But the bounce and attack animation time cost is amortizing over a 12-15 combo, not a 4 combo. So. I find it hard to tell and remain somewhat unsure if I should go for the 4-5 in 1sec boards that show up.

17. ko300zx

User ID:
    My best run was swiping while trying to grab as many combos as I could. Combo count goes up with minimal time lost.

18. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Math is not my strong suit, thus I became an artist. :artist: I’ll match as many of the pretty cadmium, vermilion, and amethyst orbs as possible and move on.

sgt502, iddybat and ko300zx like this.
  19. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

My tsubaki has awoken uriel inherited on which boosts the atk a little. Bit. Maybe all you need is an on color inherit.

20. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    20180615_173850.jpg so here I am a little sad I plussed my brachydios for this occasion and made my second an equip but apparently little did I know I have a 3rd lmao, i have poor box management

HappyNoms likes this.