RIP itunes transaction

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by jboordan, Jul 1, 2015.

1. jboordan

jboordan ひかり輝いている ~ ❤

User ID:
    So i went to the magic stone shop to purchase 85 stones for $59.99. A prompt told me to accept apple's new terms and conditions, it brought me out of the app into apple's itunes store, i accepted, and a prompt appeared asking me to confirm my purchase. I clicked yes, but when i went back into PAD, a pad prompt said 'purchase cancelled'. However, apple still charged me $59.99!!

What should I do who should i complain to lol X_x

2. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
    Email the Assistance, this forum won't refund you.

Marioman95 likes this.
  3. buzzyrecky

buzzyrecky Okuni's #1 bae Card Creation Winner

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    he wasnt asking the forum for a refund, he was asking for advice on how to go about getting one ;)

Imo go through apple and get the refund there. Dont try gungho's support bc theyre ass and it'll take 2 weeks to get your stones from them tbh.

you can try going into your purchase history and clicking the report a problem button:

[​IMG]

Last time i needed a refund for a similar issue... gungho didnt reply for over a week, but apple got the money back to my bank account within a day.

What?AUsername? and jboordan like this.
  4. Brendon

Brendon Active Member

User ID:
    Brendon
    PADherder:
    link
    Im not sure if im lucky then because this happened to me yesterday but gungho emailed me back in a few hours

5. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

yeah this happened to me this morning. I would bet gung ho knows about this issue. I wonder how long it will take for them to respond.

and this should serve as a lesson. if apple does something "strange" in the middle of a transaction. agree to the terms and cancel the transaction. faster and easier than dealing with this mess.

Albireo likes this.
  6. jboordan

jboordan ひかり輝いている ~ ❤

User ID:
    amen brother. lesson learnt hope they gimme back muh moniez :(

7. Supp

So I got an email from gung ho tonight saying

"We have investigated the reported issue and have been unable to confirm an error or discrepancy with the purchase. This is due to the reason stated below:

-----------------------------------

- Purchased Magic Stones are already reflected in the game
    Please note that when a transaction is delayed on Apple Inc.'s or Google's side, it is possible that your purchase may show up a few days later."

I didn't get it. It took them 5 days to respond. In those five days the stones did not show. I am a little po'd that they consider it settled. But they want further proof beyond my transaction, a screenshot time and date? And they don't believe me in the many years of play/ purchases. This being the only one I had issues with?

I think I'm done iap-ing in the game. It's fun, but I dislike being stolen from. It's a principle thing. So thanks pad for saving me and my bank account.

8. hookfang

hookfang (-‸ლ)

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree. Go through Apple - Report a Problem. I had that happen to me before and Apple refunded the money within 24 hours.

9. Supp

The problem with that is they might ban your account or similar.

10. hookfang

hookfang (-‸ლ)

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Apple would, or Gungho?

11. Supp

Gung ho. It isn't worth the risk for me.

Like I said an object lesson if they care about us so little they deserve reduced support.

12. hookfang

hookfang (-‸ლ)

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They would ban you because they said the stones are reflected on your account when for you they didn't show up? That's messed up.
    When it happened to me, I went to Apple immediately and told them the purchase didn't show up and they refunded me. I suppose I was lucky then.

13. Dang

Dang Active Member

User ID:
    I'm almost 100% positive they won't ban you. Especially considering you actually didn't receive any stones, and apps and in app purchases get refunded all the time for various reasons, the companies don't take the effort to go see all the returns and individually ban each account. If you're really worried I would e-mail a polite response asking them to re-check, and also state the date and time that you made the transaction and that it's been _ days and that you would appreciate a refund or the stones purchased. A similar situation happened to me when I first started IAP'ing and they weren't extremely quick but the process was smooth and easy that they ended up giving me the 85 stones through an admin in-game mail.

14. Amphora

Amphora A beautiful nightmare

I would go to Gungho first, and then Apple. My friend has gotten his stones refunded for a similar issue from Gungho.

15. Samael

Samael Casual PADer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm also 100% positive on the fact that a polite request to further investigate your case wouldn't end in a ban.
    If you're a frequent IAPer, they would'nt dare ban you for telling the truth.

There are so few IAPers in NA, I'm pretty sure they want to keep each and everyone of us as happy as they can!

Good luck!

16. domon

domon Well-Known Member

I had a situation where a purchase was made incorrectly - Apple refunded the error and I didn't get banned. FWIW

buzzyrecky likes this.
  17. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    i had this problem on my wife's account a couple of PCGF ago. gungho did nothing, apple took about 2 weeks but refunded my money. it was during black friday so I am sure there was a backlog.

18. LaceLaLace

LaceLaLace Well-Known Member

It happens anytime they update the Terms of Service, it's pretty lame. It's also interesting to note that like eleven hours after @jboordan had posted this thread they made a post on the facebook page saying to not make any purchases through the game until you go the App Store first and accept Apple's new terms and conditions or else your purchases don't go through.

It states to use the support page if you got charged and didn't receive stones so you might as well give it a shot.

19. jboordan

jboordan ひかり輝いている ~ ❤

User ID:
    yep the issue was resolved the night of the incident, so all's well that ends well! except i didnt get kiriko with my purchased stones so F**K that lol

buzzyrecky likes this.
  20. Supp

Yeah mine is not resolved. I emailed them again. We will see