RIP PAD-X & PAD Guide, what’s everyone using these days?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Orange Crush, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    With the demise of the best English PAD resources, what’s everyone using to plan dungeon strats and wish-upon-a-star team building.

I’m finding the difficulty in keeping track of new content hard. Especially when it comes to what Super Awakenings monsters have or how big a stat boost Limit Breaking gives (will Eldora as a reward be worth it with her “boosted” stats after limit breaking?). Heck, even figuring out weighted stats without a calculator would be cool.

2. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Make crosses meta again

User ID:
    349-296-255
    As far as I can tell, Dadguide (which you can download here for Android only) is up to date monster wise (with SA display, but not LB stats).
    Other than that you can get some Limit Break info on reddit's wiki. But it's not 100% up-to-date.
    Reni's blog https://pad.protic.site/ has plenty of info on monsters when they come out.

I guess if you deeper information you can always check skyozora but I'm not determined enough to do that personaly.

That's a lot of different resources I guess. Also there's Discord. But yeah, a lot of stuff to keep up with.

3. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Well really I just want PAD Guide back, I’m on iOS so DADguide makes me a SADguide

philsov, Tek7, YamaKyu and 1 other person like this.
  4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah padguide going down was sad dad guide has the new cards but lacking the dungeon info.
    I mostly just try YouTube for dungeon info it's not perfect but it works if you need to know the spawns. Other than that I just do a lot of stuff blind since I don't care about efficiency that much anymore and it's kinda fun figuring the dungeon out in your own.

5. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Why do everyone keep saying PDX is dead when it's just that the updated monster list isn't updated (but new cards, including new FMA assists) are there, we update guerilla dungeons manually daily, and we are very alive on Discord? o_O

Also despite it being my blog, it's still part of PDX. So yeah... PDX isn't dead.

sl946, Tek7, Noc and 1 other person like this.
  6. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    PDX feels like it's on its last leg because of the many resources that are now missing. For example, none of the November dungeons are listed on PDX including challenge dungeons. There are other errors as well. For example, the magic stones are listed as arriving one at a time and many of the evo trees for various cards are broken. For example, DMeta's: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=642, which is missing two of her UEVOs. Nut's similarly had 3 evos until very recently. We can check other resources, so this is not necessarily a huge deal. But it's slightly frustrating because PDX used to be a one-stop shop for everything. We do appreciate what you're doing though :) I still check PDX before trying to navigate other websites that require me to constantly hit google's translate button, so I definitely don't think of it as dead.

Orange and ko300zx like this.
  7. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Well I guess it’s the front page that isn’t so useful anymore I guess.

But for example, I figured out what our Oct Quest dungeon was by finding the quest dungeon list with Hexazeon as it’s icon or for finding PAD news it’s easier and quicker using the “News” button from within PAD. And I only found out after this post that the SAO monsters were in PADX at all.

8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I think it's more the dungeons rather than monster info. I go to your blog for new monster info, or to Ilmina.com if I need to look up someone specifically. The filtering there has been what I always wished PADX would do. Like @Noc mentioned, it's halfway through November and I can't find any info on the November quest dungeons. That was always the real value of PADX for me. Being able to see dungeon info before getting screwed out of 50-100 stamina going in blind. I just use Youtube for it lately.

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  9. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    I cannot disagree that the team (of two) is behind for dungeons, but by no means the rest of the site is dead, when everyone on the site is trying their best to keep news and monstes up. We all do this on our free time, after all.

I've been linking all the Quest Dungeons on my site... Since NA's quest dungeons is 2 months behind, so September Quests will have all of the links to each dungeon.

(Also going in blind is fun, we do it on JP all the time :3)

frontendchaos, BurningMan and ko300zx like this.
  10. ko300zx

User ID:
    Yeah I wouldn't call it dead. I've noticed the updates going on. As for dungeons, I normally check the other months too and have had success doing that, but this time around, no luck. September isn't in line with what we have going on now. Checked October too. Just seems to be slowing again but I get that it's a volunteer job so I make due.

Yeah going in blind isn't a big deal but lately I just find the monthly dungeons to be more of a chore than fun. Rather clear through them in one go and spend free time doing coop Arena with a friend or something.

11. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Actually, this thread might be a great opportunity to bring up what PADX was actually used for and/or what features we really want.

For me it’s front page linking to current special dungeons. In the monster search database unifying Regular and Super Awakenings and the ability to search for multiple Awakenings (inc dupes of each). For example if I wanted to search for a card thats Equipable with 2 Poison Resists it’d be a pain. If I wanted to search for a 3x7c monster, the RGB Archangels wouldn’t appear etc.

12. ko300zx

User ID:
    I think it's a little late to be requesting major changes to the site especially considering they know they are behind on things. If you want a better search function, just use Ilmina.com.

13. Orange Crush

User ID:
    :(

Ilmina doesnt have JP content tho

14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Speaking of PADX, it says that from 10/31 - 12/01, we are getting 3 magic stones a day, is that correct? If so, I haven't been getting any, I've only been getting pys daily.

15. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That was PADx's way of representing the 100 stone gift. It's not true.

Murdurus likes this.