RIP PadGuide

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by yamo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

Looks like the updates stopped.
    Time to quit?

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Sure, if PAD Guide was the most interesting thing about the game for you? :rolleyes:

3. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

So... PADGuide isn't updating... PADX is almost officially dead...

Are we screw'd up?

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not really. Running the dungeon half blind is kinda interesting. If you need dungeon info badly, there's skyozora and you can search on YT there are tons of new dungeon runs with many leads.

5. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    How is PDX almost officially dead?

iddybat likes this.
  6. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

My thought too...

they had a spell of down time, but what can you expect for free, but i think theyve been doing great lately...

7. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

Few time ago, they wasn't updating the site. like a month with new monsters if I am not wrong.
    They rushed the updates few time ago, I guess.

Anyway, PADGuide was way better than PDX.

8. Dwonger

Dwonger PADX Guerilla Guru

User ID:
    313 211 311
    There was a period of moderate downtime when we had internal issues to resolve. That much is true. However, those issues were resolved months ago, and PADX has since caught up on data and is alive and well. We are still actively working to improve performance and usability, but in terms of content, everything should be available.

HappyNoms, Pigeon, mtb911 and 3 others like this.
  9. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Pretty much what Bean said, we all behind PDX certainly are keeping it alive and dealing with bug fixes daily on our own free time. We aren't even paid to do this.

If you really hate using PDX, there's always non-English resources for dungeons... and videos.

Though as a past PADguide user, there are things I liked about it but there were more that I disliked. All about personal preference.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    kaylathehedgehog and sgt502 like this.
  10. Toddlajoie

Toddlajoie Active Member

Want you to know that I appreciate it!!!

I find the format much easier to follow, plus as someone who plays co-op almost exclusively, poping over to another app for info in the middle of a match is not really an option

11. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    I passed the message to the team, they're happy to hear that! :)

12. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Honestly the loss of padguide and the trubles of padx a while back made the game a ton less enjoyable for me, guerilla are an huge hassle especially considering timezone issue, most dungeon are designed to hard counter everything if you don't bring a super specific way to deal with some issue so going blind is 100% sure to get you screwed in several dungeons.
    it's 2018 and phone games are struck in 2013, since i started playing i hoped gungho to release a new client but 5 years later they're still shitting on the userbase.

13. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Sure it sucks when you lose a resource you've always relied on, I won't argue that, but there are other options. To ask, "time to quit?" because PADguide isn't being updated anymore is just being over dramatic. I personally never even used PADguide because of the reasons mentioned above. Tabbing in and out of the game is super inconvenient, and is nearly impossible during coop. I've had pad shut down even in solo mode from tabbing out to other things. It was a poor choice to be a mobile-only option. Every resource could use improvements though.

May be a bit late in the game, but if you're taking feedback on usability, I've always wished there were more filtering abilities for the Monster Book. For example, if you could choose multiple awakenings. If I perhaps wanted to find a card that had an equip assist AND a poison resist. You can pick one or the other but not both. That example there aren't many options so it's not a pain but sometimes it is. Also, if you could choose at least x number of a certain awakening. For very specific team building, it would be really great to be able to quickly filter by who has, for example, 3 skill boosts. Clicking the SB awakening on a card shows how many each card has, so the data seems to be there. A better way of filtering it would be awesome.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018