Rolled Well on Godfest (Beginner)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by imDeja, Jan 6, 2017.

1. imDeja

imDeja New Member

I rolled some great cards for my first account and haven't played much yet (rank 39). I went up to the Polar Night Tower in Normal dungeons and only cleared the first technical dungeon. I'm not stuck yet but I am trying to figure out what team I should build and what team should I work on to progress through the rest of the dungeons. Also if they are any monsters I should farm because I don't mind farming.

This is my padherder (blue starter)

2. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Uhh, what is your padherder?

3. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi @imDeja, and welcome to the forums :)

Your box looks pretty nice, congrats on the great pulls! It looks like you have a bunch of options you could choose from, but your rainbow leads are exceptionally strong. Btw, I just want to make sure - are you sure your liu bei and zhuge liang have their names in lower case? There are two different versions depending on whether their names are lower case, and especially for Liu Bei it affects whether he's worth investing in.

For rainbow teams, Aten would be a pretty great lead since he gives you a 7x6 board which makes rainbow much much easier. He'd be best paired up with an easier rainbow lead, like Sherias or DQXQ who have more flexible color requirements, and not with a duplicate Aten. You could try it out and see how you like the bigger board. Sherias is a solid lead too, so if the bigger board doesn't appeal you can lead with him and clear quite a bunch of stuff.

In any case, some solid cards that I'd develop would be Sherias, Aten, DKali, Orochi and Ceres, plus if your Liu Bei is the upper case version him too.

4. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Here's the box link: https://www.padherder.com/user/imdeja99/monsters/

For possible team builds, you could start with eg. Aten / DKali / Sherias / Ceres / Shining Dragon Knight / friend Awoken Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao. Evolve Aten or Dkali as soon as possible to cover red. Shining Dragon Knight is there to break hearts for more damage and bind clear. You won't need bind clear for a while, but they will be pretty much required from mid game onwards so you might as well start developing different bind clear options now.

Edit: added more detail to team build suggestion.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  5. imDeja

imDeja New Member

oops no, their names are upercase that was a typo. Thanks for the tips, so you would reccomend my best lead to be aten? Also should there be any monsters I should farm?

6. Seanna

Seanna Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cool! That means that you have a very strong co-op mode lead in Liu Bei in the future. He's worth developing, but no need to skill him up since you will want to aim at the Awoken Liu Bei ultimate evolution. That will be some way off, since you need to be able to tackle Descends to get his evo mats.

I suspect that if you like playing Aten he would be the strongest potential lead with the cards you have currently and with the team that would be the most likely to transition well into later game. You do have easier (and less unusual) leads that you can make work, like Sherias is an excellent option. Un-awoken Liu Bei also works since you have nice green Attackers; you could use Liu Bei / Leeza / Green Zhuge Liang / Sasuke or Masamune / Thumbelina / friend green lead like Awoken Liu Bei, Sylvie, or Awoken Artemis.

You could try out Aten in Endless Corridors to see how you like him. Just throw in DKali and Sherias and cover the rest of the colors with anything you have available, and pair with Isis, ADQXQ, Sherias or Yuna. Yuna would probably be the best pairing for this since she has a ton of time extend awakenings and flexible activation, plus the combo bonus works nicely with the bigger board. Rainbow leads are sometimes a bit unforgiving in the beginning, since you won't have awoken skills yet on your own monsters so you'll have less time than you would with a developed team.