[ronsonson's blog]

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by ronsonson, Jul 9, 2016.

1. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

Introduction
    Hello, my name IGN is ronsonson. This is my attempt at another PAD blog. For this blog, I will only be concentrating on my JP account. RIP NA account. As some of you might know, I like dragons, and hence a lot of my PAD play is motivated around that. I created my JP PAD account during the initial release of the JP Dragon Callers, June 12, 2015. I could not wait for them to come to NA, so I decided to roll until I got one of them. Tsubaki was the first to arrive, followed by Sumire sometime a bit later. Kaede just arrived recently during the Rank 150/250 REM reset on June 3, 2016. To this day, the only teams I have been developing are my JP Dragon Caller teams. Now that the UVO for the JP Callers are released and as a result of that have gotten much better as leads. I think this is a perfect time to start blogging. For those wondering about my NA PAD account. I officially retired it and is now given to a trustworthy person. I can’t focus on multiple accounts and all my NA PAD account does is remind me of the couple thousand dollars I spent on it. With my JP account, I’m doing things the right way, keeping it to occasional IAP, keeping track of my spending, etc…I actually find the game more enjoyable when I’m not wasting money.​

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    @graps for accepting my art requests and taking the time to draw banners for my blog.

There are a few others, but I'll work on acknowledging them later.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    Deft and jade like this.
  2. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

[​IMG]
    Tsubaki Team
    Tsubaki was my first roll, my first team, and the most developed of all my PAD teams. She is the sole reason for my progression throughout my various PAD adventures. I will always have a soft spot for her; even if her sisters’ are now pretty much all around better. I will almost always use Awoken Kagu on the team as a sub as that is the dragon I associate with Tsubaki the most.
    MY CARDS
    CORE SUBS
    Alibaba:
    Magi is one of my favorite anime. More importantly, he is my go to board changer as he allows me to attack and heal at the same time. He also combos well with Antares for a good burst board. Awakenings are very useful as well.
    Antares: Really, really good awakenings. It has everything my Tsubaki team needs, plus a god killer awakening. Active provides haste, which is always useful to the team. Combos really well with Alibaba and Yamato. I’m actually confused, is Antares male or female?
    Tsubaki: What’s a Tsubaki team without Tsubaki?
    Kagu: My favorite red dragon! I will almost always have it on my Tsubaki team no matter what. 2 turn defense break is useful in certain situations. Kagu hits like a truck especially with TPA. Active is alright, only bad thing is the heart break.
    Yamato: Really good stats and awakenings. He’s really crucial when needing to attack and heal at the same time. The enhance on hearts on his active makes up for my Tsubaki teams somewhat low recovery. Also, Yamato works well with Antares.
    Yamato Dragon: For a farmable bi-weekly dragon, it’s a decent lead and sub. Stats are a bit low, awakenings are useful, but not great overall. It can contribute to a system team as long as the minimal skill boost requirement is met by the other subs. The most important thing is the art, it’s amazing! If I had to choose a particular dragon art piece to rate as #1, it’s this one!

SITUATIONAL SUBS
    Eren:
    I would only use him as a sub as a bind removal unit. He was my only means for bind recovery before I got Gadius and RGY. Plus, I like Attack on Titan, Eren was one of my favorite characters.
    Gadius: Only time I would use Gadius is if I need recovery badly. I used to use him as a sub as my only source of guaranteed bind removal, before I got RGY.
    Leilan: Leilan is great in her own right. As for my preferences, unless I’m trying to run a system team, I would always choose Alibaba over Leilan just because of the option of attacking and healing at the same time.
    RGY: Only time I use him would be if I need a bind removal. Now, I’m just considering inheriting him onto someone. Maybe Kagu?

COMMON TEAM SETUPS

My favorite team setup! I use it as much as I can.

My haste system team setup.

My dragon team setup!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  3. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

[​IMG]
    Sumire Team
    Sumire was the second of the JP Dragon Callers that I was able to roll. I don’t remember exactly when I got her, but she came quite a while after Tsubaki, as I was really far into developing my Tsubaki team already. Prior to the release of her UVO, she was weaker than Tsubaki. I would only use Sumire if the dungeon I was doing was going to be difficult for Tsubaki. After the release of her UVO, some of the cards I normally used on her team, became less optimal, mainly because the cross heart match is now more necessary. On the bright side, I now use Sumire a bit more, especially because Sumire friends are more common now. I almost always use Awoken Orochi as a sub on my team as it is the dragon I associate with Sumire the most.
    MY CARDS
    CORE SUBS
    Orochi:
    My favorite blue dragon! I will almost always use it on my Sumire team. Active is a bit long, but it does help when it’s up. Plus, Orochi hits like crazy with TPA and provides good awakenings.
    Ryune: My second best board changer that allows me to activate Sumire’s new LS. Only second best, because Skuld has better awakenings. However, Ryune does have a haste, which kind of balances out.
    Scheat: Scheat was really powerful pre-UVO Sumire, but now, she’s a situational since she breaks hearts. Can combo with Ryune/Skuld, sort of. She does have a 4 turn increase in water orbs, which helps a lot after her initial turn. She also has a skill boost, which is kind of hard to fill in Sumire teams based on my box. I use her over Alrescha, until Alrescha UVO. She hits like crazy with TPA.
    Skuld: Pretty much by best board changer that allows for me to activate Sumire’s new LS. Awakenings are very good, slightly better than Ryune’s.
    Sumire: What’s a Sumire team without Sumire? I really wish I had dupes of her.
    Wadatsumi Dragon: For a dragon, it’s a decent lead and sub. Stats are a bit low, awakenings are useful, but not great overall. As expected of a farmable skill up dragon. It can contribute to a system team as long as the minimal skill boost requirement is met by the other subs. The art is still good, but not as good as Yamato dragon sadly. Pretty much my replacement dupe Sumire. Has decent recovery to!

SITUATIONAL SUBS
    Alrescha:
    Really good awakenings. With the upcoming UVOs, she will get better. She breaks hearts, so she can combo with Ryune or Skuld. I kind of use her and Scheat interchangeably, especially during pre-UVO Sumire. However, if and when Alrescha’s UVO comes out, she will be a main sub over Scheat. I wish I had more blue cards, so I can put in better subs, but I work with what I got.
    Bonia: I got Bonia pretty early on; she was a good board changer that I would use for Sumire pre-UVO. Very good awakenings as well. I don’t user her much anymore.

COMMON TEAM SETUPS

This is my favorite team setup at the moment. TPA style.

My dragon team setup!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  4. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

[​IMG]
    Kaede Team
    Kaede is the last of the three JP callers that I rolled. I obtained her during the Rank 150/250 REM machine on June 3, 2016. Hence, the least developed of all my teams. Even so, with a gimped team, Kaede is still all powerful. Green dragons have always been my favorite. I mained Gonia on PAD NA, but sadly she was overshadowed by Bonia. I am very happy that Kaede is getting the recognition she deserves and is now the best of her three sisters. Green is the best!
    MY CARDS
    WIP CARDS
    CORE SUBS
    Avalon:
    my favorite green dragon! No replacing it on my team! Not that I have much options to work with anyway. Excellent card pre-uvo Kaede, not as good post-uvo, but still works.
    Perseus: necessary for my Kaede team as he generates wood orbs and hearts! Enough said.
    Kaede: What’s a Kaede team without a Kaede? Do I dare aim for dupes?
    Vishnu: Active helps my Kaede team a lot and the awakenings are very good. Also, upcoming UVO can make him even better.
    Verd: Best board changer overall for Kaede, as she generates wood and heart orbs. Awakenings are really good as well.

SITUATIONAL SUBS
    Balboa:
    Useful in certain situations where a defense break and shield is needed. Awakenings aren’t bad either.
    Beach Gonia: kind of the same function as Avalon drake, but has TPA. I would always choose Avalon over Beach Gonia, cause duhh dragon.
    Hakuryuu: Like I said about Alibaba, Magi is one of my favorite animes. Active is alright, stats are a bit low. The awakenings are good for me. I suck at matching, so more time extends are good.

COMMON TEAM SETUPS

My main team setup as of now.

My dragon team setup!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    win8x and Deft like this.
  5. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

This makes me very happy... But I do wish it was na...

6. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

I took a final screenshot of the remnants of my NA account before I gave it away. I'll put it on here, just for you. This is all that's left. I sold everything else; it helped me move on from the account faster.

FINAL BONIA
    FINAL GONIA
    FINAL OTHER STUFF

David@PF and oGambit like this.
  7. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

Such a good box. So sad. Glad your still playing somewhere though :)

8. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

Recent fails...

Fail #1: Verdandi pls...give me at least 6 green orbs...Orz
    [​IMG]

Fail #2: was rushing to beat green challenge dungeons, totally forgot about the light absorb. Ops, =/
    [​IMG]

9. ronsonson

ronsonson DragRON Master

I "finished up" two more hypers recently. Eren, because I used to use him for Tsubaki as a bind removal and HP recovery sub. He kind of got obselete, but since he's one of my favorite characters in Attack on Titan, I just finished him off. The second hyper is Vishnu, a core sub on my Kaede team.

~~~~~~~

MORE IMPORTANTLY, JP GODFEST DAY 1
    Wants: Sherias Roots and Dupe Kaede
    Total Rolls: 5
    [​IMG]
    Overall, a really good haul. 5x Godfest Exclusives did well. I shouldn't complain, but I don't really have a use for any of these things. Ugly light dragon, wrong sherias, and elephant will be MP. The two other exclusives will go to storage for now.