ROTD: I hate the expired emails!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Feb 20, 2018.

1. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Dude I literally agreed with you about pal points. Multiple times.

If you insist on hoarding everything that’s your prerogative. But bitching that GH gives you too much stuff to fit in your box is ridiculous. It’s like someone on welfare complaining to the government that their refrigerator isn’t big enough to hold all the free food they get. Literally.

2. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Pal points are just free super kings now since we are probably never getting the plus egg machine again. If that’s the case you can just stone that stuff anyway and it’s more of a perk. Also if that holds true you’ll never have pal points expire because super king machine comes around every few weeks. Not sure what the problem is anymore other than trying to say Bob is wrong when he’s not.

3. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No, sorry for being confusing, here is what I meant:

What they did was:
    - Before: No exp date
    - Step 1: Old mail -> 1y exp date ; New mail: 1y exp date
    - Step 2: New mail -> 60d exp date

To appear less greedy, I wish they did:
    - Before: No exp date
    - After: Old mail -> 1y exp date ; New mail: 60d exp date (skipping step1)

nickjr likes this.
  4. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure how scenario 2 is appearing less greedy.

5. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

They're not just gifts - they're rewards earned via in game activity that may have even required monetary investment to obtain.

Also acting like GH is just giving gifts due to generosity as opposed to incentivizing players to continue to play their game in an increasingly competetive marketplace is incredibly naive. What reasonable explanation for dramatically reducing mail expiration time is there that isn't anti-player? Doesn't seem particularly generous.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you logged on at least once a day, you'll be taken into your mailbox anyway. While you're there, why not check yours for expired rewards? It only took a couple taps.

7. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Too much of a time investment. A Gung ho employee should arrive at his home daily to check for rewards, curate his box and make sure that everything is optimized.

8. honestrade

So in your view two wrongs make a right - you can't store Pal Points any more, but they also pulled the plus egg machine (which is complete speculation) so it doesn't matter anyway.

The problem is that a thread was opened to rant about how quickly mail expires now. Posters come in with condescending attitudes to antagonize those who don't agree with these changes and don't want to spend a pack or more to accommodate these changes. In the process they expose themselves as the ultimate suckers - those who not only will happily spend stones on box space due to unnecessary changes designed to take their money but then paradoxically praise GH's generosity and even condemn those who don't give money to GH as they did.

9. bp1976

User ID:
    Lol you are delusional dude. A thread was opened ranting about the least annoying thing that GH does to its player base.

I simply said that your issue is one of RESOURCE ALLOCATION. Gung Ho GIVES the players enough stones to add 150-300 box space per month. If you CHOOSE to spend your stones in the REM INSTEAD of buying box space that is your choice. Just like if one chooses to use their food stamps on filet mignon the first week of th month, they either live on Ramen noodles the last week of the month or go get a job.

Like people have been trying to tell you, you’re just choosing the wrong battle here. There are plenty of things in this game perfectly worth ranting about, this just really isn’t one of them. If I was a GH employee reading your rants, my thoughts would be “these entitled freaking people” not “wait we might really need to fix something”.

CloudStrife likes this.
  10. honestrade

It's not a matter of resource allocation but the fact that resources need to be allocated at all.

How did changing the mail expiration date from 365 to 60 affect you or any player in a positive way? It didn't. However it impacted many in a negative way. I don't really understand your passionate desire to defend something that had no effect on you (although you may have had to purhase additional box space) but a negative effect on many others. It just shows at best you're a gullible chump and at worst a troll.

I don't really give a shit what a GH employee reading this thinks. I've spent a lot money on this game and have a right to voice my opinion and call bs when GH makes a change as part of a shady cash grab. The changes to the mail system caused me to lose valuable resources and I have a right to voice my displeasure as a paying customer. Frankly I hope GH is reading.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    kandjar likes this.
  11. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Jesus Christ. If a GH employee is reading this HE DOESN’T SPEAK FOR THE REST OF US.

Also “I’ve spent a lot of money on this game” and this thread topic are diametrically opposed ideas.

As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water...

CloudStrife likes this.
  12. honestrade

That you continue to defend a change that impacted all players negatively, particularly those with limited box space, is direct evidence of that.

13. bp1976

User ID:
    LOL. Dude inventory management is a part of almost any video game. Console, mobile, whatever. And limiting inventory is one of the ways that freemium games make money. This is not in question.

Hmm. Do I remember someone saying earlier that resorting to name calling invalidated one's argument? You are making yourself look worse and worse here. Do yourself a favor and just give it up.

Wanna complain about something that impacted all players negatively, talk to the EU players. You have limited box space because you CHOOSE to, for crying out loud. Most of us didnt give a crap because we didnt skimp on box space. That is why no one else is chiming in on this thread, because most people, even if the freaking update did affect them, just said "Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, guess I will buy some box space or hoard less evo mats". Not get their panties in a bunch about how big, bad GH was picking on them by taking away their precious mailbox space.

14. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am fine with it, if the game doesn't generate some revenue to cover costs and provide some profit game goes away. At worst this is just an inconvenience as far as mail duration and box space. It can be managed through the app, by just checking expiration dates, or by stoning more space. We get tons of free stones each month, cant see that as GREEDY can we. Free stones allows players to decide how to apply them.

My box is big, not so many pulls lately, freedom to collect all kinds of stuff.

My mail has tons of Pal points, hoping for a +egg machine, if not, kings, rares, maybe evo stuff fills some holes. Since my box is large, no worries, use what I get from PEM and sell or fuse the rest.

15. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Would it be a hell of a lot easier if there was just endless mail space or box space? Sure it would but any game with resources or leveling progression demands that you manage those resources. It is a part of the deal 100% of the time. I don't care if it is a freemium game like PAD, a console RPG like Final Fantasy or if you are rolling dice and playing Dungeons and Dragons with some drunk AF friends. You have to manage your stuff. If you can't manage resources and hate it so much then maybe you should just go play Mario Kart.

Roland and bp1976 like this.
  16. honestrade

GH gradually took away features related to the mail system to the detriment of all players. Of course they should be called out, not commended. Most developers try to make their game more player friendly and less burdensome.

I'm happy to give them credit when they make positive changes (and the recently announced changes regarding stacking of evo materials and plus egg bank are a tremendous improvement and long overdue), but I will also call them out when they make changes that negatively impact players.

They already enacted a 365 day expiration date, why change to 60? How was this change in any way positive? If the change wasn't positive, why attack those who rightfully call it negative, especially with such aggressive condescension?

nickjr and kandjar like this.
  17. bp1976

User ID:
    Did you notice how I responded to @kandjar at the beginning of this thread? Because he didn't get snippy and kindly disagreed, we agreed to disagree, and that was that.

You, on the other hand, went on a tangent about how you wished the forum had a dislike button for my post, then continued to argue with multiple people a point that has been beleaguered. We get it. Youre upset that GH took the ability for you to take advantage of the mail system away. Boo-hoo. Most people, including the OP, have said their peace and moved on. But you seem to need to be right, and that GH is the evil empire because they stopped people from taking advantage of their mail system.

You are being treated with aggressive condescension because your argument and behavior is that of a child who had their toys taken away and wants them back. Act like a child and you get treated like one. Like I said, get over it. We get it, you are upset. But trust me, people arent quitting PAD in droves because they changed the mailbox system LOL. There are plenty of other reasons for that.

nickjr likes this.
  18. CloudStrife

User ID:
    Are we still doing this? Gung ho literally fixed this problem 24 hours ago for everything but pal points. Not worth getting your undies in a bunch over some free slimes or whatever the hell you are pulling with that crap. Take your super kings and stop worrying about a plus egg machine that may never happen again.

Roland likes this.
  19. honestrade

Your first post effectively called players who stored mail in the mailbox cheaters for abusing an "exploit" for not immediately downloading items to their box. So that's how you started the conversation, and why I responded to you as I did. Even now you're erroneously referring to storing mail as GH intentionally designed as "taking advantage." The immediate need to talk down to those with whom you disagree and your continued need to vigorously defend a change that negatively impacted you is comical.

20. bp1976

User ID:
    Neither of us works at Gung-Ho, so we can never know the answer to this, but I would be willing to bet that:

The mail system was developed in order to facilitate in-game communication between players and to deliver rewards.

NOT

To act as a holding space for players to hoard rewards in order to avoid purchasing box space (a revenue stream that we depend on). IF THEY INTENDED FOR YOU TO HAVE UNLIMITED BOX SPACE THEY WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO YOU!

Argue semantics all you want, what I was saying is that using your mailbox for box space is not what it was meant for. If it was, GUNG HO WOULDNT HAVE FIXED IT!

That is why no one is chiming in to defend you, everyone understands that they didnt develop a mail system to act as a reward hoarding system. Period. Like I have said repeatedly, you were given free box space through your mailbox. Gung Ho decided that you should have to pay for it, like it was designed to do. So now you are crying like a freaking child about it. The change didnt negatively impact me (or apparently anyone else) because Im an adult and understand that it was nice while it lasted but I wasnt paying for it anyway. Its like the cable company messing up and giving me free HBO, and then they find out and fix it. I can either pay for HBO, or accept that I wasnt supposed to have it.

Im talking down to you because you are acting like a child. Take your ball and go home, kid.

Iluvatar and CloudStrife like this.