ROTD: I hate the expired emails!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Feb 20, 2018.

1. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Is a list/contents of the "patch notes" available in English somewhere right now?

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

3. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that expiration is to solve a different problem... There were people farming accounts by logging in everyday and collect the daily bonus (stone) mail. It is possible that it’s done by bots. And they sell these accounts for real money that is basically barely started accounts but has a lot of stones in the mail.

If you are a real player, opening mail is not a big deal, even if you have to spend stones for permement storage. But while bots can open apps, but may not be able to open mail without manual intervention.

Not necessarily an elegant solution, but one I wouldn’t fault GH.

nickjr likes this.
  4. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When is this stacking feature supposed to happen?

5. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Couple of months at best... I guess I should say: never at worst :)
    But I believe, worst case scenario: on the US 6y anniv :D

Roland likes this.
  6. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Patience and PAD. hmm

7. FoxtrotFool

Absolutely, non-IAP PaD is a game of patience. It used to be a significant wait for stamina to refill, now it’s waiting for days/weeks/months for free stones to accumulate. Not to mention waiting for new material

nickjr and Roland like this.
  8. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Nobody but Gungho will truly know the reasoning behind the change. Feel free to speculate and theorize all you want, but let's try to keep things civil here, ok? It's kind of silly to be getting into a heated pissing contest about this - regardless of why they did it, I think we can agree that it's a negative change from the previous 365 day expiration date for almost all players, aside from the ones who use everything instantly as soon as it comes in the mail.

I'll add my two cents just to give a slightly different perspective as a JP player, regarding the "if you aren't using the rewards within 2 months, you probably didn't need them anyways" argument (apologies if this has already been mentioned, I didn't have time to fully read every post in the thread, just skimmed the major ones).

In PADR the orbs that you can find are capped at 999 of each color (formerly capped at 99 before PADR version 2.0). You either have to buy awakenings in PADR, which you can find in treasure chests anyways and buying them is relatively cheap (ranging from 1 of each color to 10 of a specific color), phone wallpapers (one time purchase), or dungeons/items to send to your actual PAD account. If you're an avid PADR player, you probably do a lot of scans. I personally do a pretty modest 10-15 per day usually without using coins on refreshing. This is enough to get me between 100-200 of each color orb per week. The problem is that rainbow orbs, which are required in various amounts ranging from 1 all the way up to 20, are also required along with the 5 colors of orbs in order to buy many dungeons/items in regular PAD. Rainbow orbs are significantly rarer than the regular orbs, to the point that I have 900+ of all the 5 colors and 160 or so rainbow orbs right now. Thus, in order to prevent my colored orbs from capping out and effectively wasting a majority of my scans, I have to buy things with them - but I can't buy too much because I'm gated by the number of rainbow orbs I have. So I end up buying a lot of things just to avoid capping out that I may not actually need within 2 months, but it's better to have the dungeon/latent/king tan/+eggs sitting in my mail for a day that I do actually need it, than to let my orbs in PADR cap out and be wasted.

...That ended up being a lot longer than I wanted but I don't know how familiar a lot of NA players are with PADR so I went into more detail.

9. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Thanks for this @Flandre I honestly have no idea how PADR works since I speak literally zero Japanese.

Dont worry I think we are all getting along again LOL, it was a fun and heated debate but it has run its course.

Onward we march!!

honestrade likes this.
  10. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One thing is certain; I used to be sad due to the fact that with didn't have PadR in the US... Not anymore ;-)
    Thanks to your post, I'm kind of glad we don't; I'm already spending way too much time in this game (not in a negative way - more coz I'm still very (too?) addicted to it) that the last thing I want is another grinding, resource management, time consuming feature added to it.

nickjr likes this.
  11. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Well, PADR isn't that time consuming or grindy, it's just tapping a button to scan and swiping your finger all over the screen real quickly to gather all the orbs, then you scan again once you've moved a bit (1 km). It's only really a time sink if you get into the PvP battling, but that's just pay to win so it's not really fun imo. I do have to keep on top of my mail though because I constantly have things expiring; I actually ended up losing a couple of PADR monsters because I forgot to open the mail...

12. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I hate the ammount of BS they give but I want to keep... every month I spend like 20 stones in storage for those thing...

but if those mail didn't expire.... people would keep them on mail like first 4 years. rofl...

nickjr likes this.
  13. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Recently got me too :(
    I lost a dragon killer
    One of each snow globe
    And some tamas....

Shit

14. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I woke up this morning to a lost rainbow trifruit, rainbow snowglobe, king tamadra, and a few other things. Joke's on me for falling asleep unexpectedly at the end of the work week, before I could do my daily box/mail maintenance.

Last week I lost 15-20 tamadras from Rugal runs.

It annoys me greatly that something that I won isn’t mine permanently. I wonder how much life time I sunk running those dungeons; more wasted time to this game.

Would it be so much for them to at least have a reminder of what’s expiring when you log in, or at least have a setting to autodownload a second before it expires. If your box becomes overloaded you’d have to manage it before running your next dungeon.

nickjr likes this.
  15. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Jesus Christ open your fucking mail and stop bitching. Important things don’t collect dust for 61 days.

16. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DOH!!! This is from today...

17. Piggysoup

Piggysoup Active Member

User ID:
    NA.304.448.241
    I lost my entire quest reward yesterday lol

18. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The monthly one?

19. FoxtrotFool

20. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Now I have a habit of checking out for any potential expired mails and claim all that are about to expire within less than five days. My box space and stone bank is crying.

nickjr, kaylathehedgehog and kandjar like this.