Roy vs Madoo?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by toadashi, Jan 14, 2019.

1. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

So what is the difference between Roy Mustang LS and Madoo LS other than the numbers? Is it a viable pairing? I only ask because I pulled ROy the first time FMA was around and haven't done anything with him. I noticed they changed his LS from 5 with enhanced to 5+. Madoo says +5 but other than that same wording. Help??

2. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Seems legit, can’t see any reason not to use it. Both can trigger full multiplier off 5 matching ANY element which is huge compared to the old “Xx Matched Attribute ATK” on 5 with an OE Match leads

Bolts likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I mean, it's pretty clear. Madoo gives a multiplier to any fire attribute cards. Mustang requires two fire matches.

4. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I actually meant the second line. They are the same but Roy says 5+ and Madoo is +5. I just wanted to know if there was a difference because of the location of the plus.
    So if they are the same why does no one have Roy up? There is so much hype around Madoo I figured someone else like me(lacking Madoo) would have brought it up. Well if anyone has team ideas or thoughts on the pairing or knows the Madoo playstyle for A1-4 please let me know. Thanks

5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PAD does stuff like that all the time. There's no difference.

Because they're not :dead:. They've very different. The match 5 part might be the same, but you need an additional 6 fire orbs to get the 2nd half of the damage multiplier, which is obnoxiously orb hungry. You need a minimum of 6 fire orbs and 5 other colored orbs, or 8 fire orbs (5 and 3 matches). You're either going to be burning through actives or stalling and that's not always possible. Madoo, as long as the card has a fire main or sub attribute, you get the multiplier and can attack with any color you need. I kill stuff with sub attributes alone all the time with Madoo. People just have better stuff these days with the free witches given away, super godfests, trading posts, etc. Roy isn't interesting so there's just no desire to play that kind of orb-hungry lead.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No difference. The reason why no one has Roy up is probably he needs two fire combo. Same with Kusanagi Kyo.