Ryu, would you say this is solid ive seen to be able to complete lot with it.

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Padacide81, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Padacide81

Padacide81 Member

User ID:
    344, 635, 456
    Ryu(Guardian Talisman) Ideal(Flash White Dragon Caller) Lcotton(revolution Gilg), Valk(radiant ring queen), Praline(vajra).

2. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    "These days the answer to this a good team?" is usually "for what dungeon?" The issue is that most good teams can clear virtually all content, and what remains are more esoteric dungeons that you'd need to modify your team to accommodate, e.g. for full poison resist. If the team is beating a lot of dungeons for you, then it's solid. Ryu is a really strong lead and you have FUA and a way to deal with damage absorbs, so that will cover a lot of dungeons. As a Ryu team, the most glaring weakness is the lack of really fast actives (1 or 2 cd) so you can fully trigger Ryu's leader skill as often as possible. This is not going to be an issue in shorter dungeons where you can use actives on every floor or stall a little, but in longer dungeons you'll be depending on Ryu's tankiness to get you through (which he's good for, although stalling kinda sucks). Unless I missed something, some other issues you'll run into will include:
    1) Lacking an awoken bind clear: Ryu is often tanky enough to get away without unbinding your subs, but that won't bail you out of situations where your awakenings are bound instead.
    2) No VDP: This is dungeons specific, but an increasing number of recent dungeons descends include damage voiding enemies.
    3) A second absorb voiding active for dungeons like Arena 3
    4) Hazard resists on an as needed basis for things like poison, jammers, tape, cloud, etc.
    I can't see your latents, super awakenings or your friend's assist, so maybe you've addressed some of these. But again, you'd be bringing these in on a dungeon-by-dungeon basis. But regardless, there is no perfect team that can handle anything so we need to be flexible about team composition :) For what it's worth, my least favorite subs on this team are ideal because of her rainbow active and Pralinae since her killers are kind of specific. Yeah, you have an assist on ideal, but that also adds to her cd and Ryu has that increased damage when you use an active. If you have a really short cd card like Diaochan, Rin Tohsaka or even Tardis, I would consider slotting them in. I would also replace them (Pralinae and Ideal) first if you're looking to deal with one of the issues I mentioned above.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. Padacide81

Padacide81 Member

User ID:
    344, 635, 456
    Well I do have tardis which I could inheritor use singular, and on my valk I inherited a awoken bind with ring queen, and I have vdp on Ryu and cotton. I have a 2nd gilg I could inherit for A3.

I know can vary by dungeon just trying to work comparable over all.

4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    I forgot about Kanan :) The nice thing about Tardis is that you can put a short active on him initially, and then keep using his base skill later in the same dungeon since it comes up again every turn. Since you have the VDP super awakenings, the team looks solid.

5. Padacide81

Padacide81 Member

User ID:
    344, 635, 456
    20190325_175952.png 20190325_180049.png Well here is my light options:

Then I have tardis and 2 gilgs for void