Several Questions

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Songlian, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wasn't sure where to put this. Anyway, I've been playing this game for a while and I still feel like a total noob. I feel like I'm just kind of spinning my wheels and not really sure what to do with my team. I'd really appreciate any insight you guys might have on the questions I'm going list. I did consult the "Mono-Red Appreciation Thread V.2" but I am really hoping for more specific help. Also, I put a link to my team/monster box from padherder in my profile if that is needed.

- I am currently using Red Odin as my leader and Awoken Ares as a sub. It seems their awakenings conflict and I'm not sure if I'm using them correctly. Should I always try to go for a row as well as a tpa or something else?

- Typically my main team consists of Red Odin lead and Awoken Ares, Urd, Laila, Gigas/Homura subs. What could I farm in dungeons that would work better in that team? Should I switch Red Odin as lead to something else? Is there a particular REM monster I should be aiming for?

- I was planning on putting atk + latents on Red Odin since he is my leader. Is that a good idea or should I be aiming for something else?

- Should I bother skill transferring something onto Red Odin? I rolled a dupe Ares and I was thinking that might be useful, but I'm truly not sure.

- I recently rolled Sumire. She seems pretty awesome, but should I start dedicating my resources to building a team for her?

- For leveling I basically farm Pengdras and then farm Thursday dungeon. Rinse, repeat. Is there a better way to level up monsters?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm just pretty lost when it comes to all of this. I'm not really sure what else I can give other than my gratitude, but you will definitely have it. I would be happy to try and gift a steam game (as long as it doesn't break my wallet, of course) or something like that.

2. Morbetto

Morbetto Troll Coordinator

User ID:
    Morbetto
    PADherder:
    link
    Awoken Pandora is pretty easy to use and you can at least piece a team together with Vritra and Zuoh as subs. You can use Lilith as a RCV stick until you pull something better.

Maybe something like:
    Awoken Pandora/Awoken Vritra/Zuoh/Vamp/Lilith/Awoken Pandora

Sleeping Beauty can slot in where you need bind clear. Ideally, you'd want to replace both Vamp and Lilith with stronger orb changers without killing your hearts. Namely, another Pandora.

If you can't pull the mats for Awoken Pandora, UUEVO Pandora is still pretty solid.

Sumire is probably your best long-term lead, but your sub pool is putrid. Awoken Pandora is amazing for farming and can clear some solid levels of content.

Seanna likes this.
  3. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Right now, you just need to build up your box. That's going to take some time so until then, your Rodin team is going to do the most for you. It's not really worth pulling for any one card, but some pantheons that are great are: the Greek 2 pantheon that was just featured in godfest, Three Kingdoms pantheon for tomorrow's godfest, Heroes pantheon, and Mechanical Star Gods 1. Of course, there are loads of other great cards but those are just some of the ones that I find exciting.

So your primary goal should be to accumulate stones by clearing dungeons, clearing challenge modes, logging in daily and doing all the special dungeons that you can.

Outside of that, a few things:

There are better uses for your stam than the pengdra cycle. Level your cards using Super King Carnival. I highly, highly recommend that you do these high stam dungeons in coop so that you can be doubly efficient. You will need a button team-- bring your Rodin, Anji, Shadow Lord, and work on farming and evolving at least two Tengus (for their skill boosts). That way, you can bring some skill boosts for the other player to button. https://discord.gg/pad

ATK latents on Rodin are great, but you might want to keep in mind that later on, you probably won't use him as a leader anymore. It might be worth saving those ATK latents until you get something that will carry you to Arena and beyond (although I HAVE seen Rodin clear arena, it was with a funky pairing).

Your Rodin current team is the best you can currently make. The only farmable I can think of that would improve it is Scarlet, but I doubt you can farm her rogue dungeon reliably right now.

For now, I would evolve that Ares into R/L form and put it on your team to replace Homura/Gigas. That will give you 3 more rows and lots of orbs for attacking.

I don't have Rodin so I have no idea what your damage looks like, sorry. But I suspect that when you attack with Rodin, you want to go for TPAs for trash floors (floors that won't take much attack power to kill) and rows for the mini bosses and bosses. With 9 rows (I'm including R/L Ares here) you will do a LOT more damage overall than you would with a TPA.

Other good leads I see in your box (but you are lacking subs for them): A.Panda, Sumire, Vishnu, BALBOA, DQXQ, Thor.
    • Balboa: You have Vishnu, who works really well in this team. You'd want to pair with an Artemis friend for a nice, tanky team. Balboa / Vishnu / Phact / A.Susano / B/G Karin / Artemis. From my experience with the Arteloa pairing, this is actually quite a strong team; with proper development you can tackle a lot of content (you can farm rogues, especially Volsung!)... Actually I would say that this team is stronger than your Rodin team. It's simply tankier and less susceptible to orb troll (not having enough orbs). Eventually you'll want to pull a bind clearer like Isis or get a bind clearing inherit like Earth Dragon Swordsman to inherit onto your Phact since binds take down this team. You'll also want to look out for a green card that can replace Karin (who you could then inherit onto someone else). Spica, Osiris, Masamune work well. Excellent farmables are Ragnarok Dragon and Mathena.
    • DQXQ: You don't really have a team for her yet, but definitely keep her in your radar. She's great fun to play in her Awoken form.
    • Sumire: Honestly... not worth building a team for her if you don't have more Sumires. And even then... I have three Sumires and I NEVER play her. It's pretty sad. Her damage is hindered by the fact that she is a match 5 with a heart cross, so you often can't also do TPAs or rows (not enough time or orbs, and in my case, not enough skill haha). However, Sitri is a good sub for her. Other subs to look out for: more Sumire, Andromeda, Gabriel, Isis, Orochi.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    graps and Seanna like this.
  4. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you both SO MUCH for all the help! It makes me feel a lot better and gives me some direction.

Green, when you say "build up my box" does that mean just hoping for good REM stuff or getting more cards from descended dungeons? I googled the button team meaning, but it isn't quite clear to me. Do you mind explaining that term?

If there is anything I can do in return for all your great advice please let me know. I truly appreciate it.

5. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Haha I appreciate your generous thought, but nothing needed. I received a lot of help back when I was starting too, so giving back is nice. Hope that when you are further along you, too, will lend a hand to those in need~

By building up your box, I mean that you're collecting stones and rolling them during godfests and hoping for more of those pantheon gods (cards like Hermes, Okuninushi, Orochi, Parvati) and godfest exclusives (these are cards you can only roll during godfests, like Saria and Zuoh). Of course, this will take lots of luck and you will need to make do with what you have until you get more options. I strongly, strongly suggest developing that Balboa team because it already has a lot of excellent components and can tackle lots of content for you, even without ideal subs (one of the strengths of that leader pairing is that it doesn't require some typing, like Devils only or Dragons only, as the leader skill applies to all wood cards).

As you continue to roll new cards, you will be able to build new teams. Building new teams is definitely one of the most fun parts of PAD.

Developing your box is evolving, plussing, awakening, and latent tamadra'ing your cards. For example, you will want to use tamadras to awaken ALL of the cards you're using. I would plus your leaders first (like Balboa and Rodin) and start putting latent tamas on the cards that are most useful across teams (Vishnu and Susano seem like prime candidates). They're not absolutely necessary but to have a "penta-maxed" card, you need a card that is max awakened, max level, max skilled, and has a full set of latents. For now, though, you don't need to worry too much about latents. I recommend ATK or fingers on Vishnu and perhaps HP for Susano, or a full set of rainbow resists (one of each color).

A button team is a team with true damage, poison, or full defense break actives. These are super nice for enemies with high defense since it kills them by bypassing their defense. For example, if you look at Anji, he does a defense break first, then applies an attack. Using his active on Super King Metal dragons or predras will kill them. Or, using Lillith's poison active will kill the enemies after a turn. So when you enter a dungeon like Revenge of the King Metal Dragons, which has all high defense cards, you just press the active to sweep a floor. When you enter in coop, you get the added bonus of skill boosts from the other team, so all of your true damage actives can be up by the first floor and you can just keep pressing buttons to go through the dungeon painlessly and very quickly. It's good to have at least one of these teams if you plan on doing doing any coop.

6. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Haha well if I ever reach that level I will certainly do so.

Thankfully I did some reading along the way to this point so I definitely saved all my stones for godfests and I have so many tamas from trying to skill up Red Odin that it's kind of ridiculous. I will definitely start on that Balboa team, thanks so much for the advice!

Yeah, I had the feeling Anji would be useful because of his defense break (and Shadow Lord), so I made sure to farm his skill up. The only reason I maxed out Lilith is her poison (since I use her for metal/tama farming), so I'm really happy it wasn't all in vain. I'm still not 100% sure on all the lingo, so I appreciate the explanation!

One last question (hopefully), is there a better way to + monsters other than just farming dungeons when + egg drops are active? Two of the 297s I have were from freebies from GungHo and the others I farmed from technical dungeons.

7. Jas

Jas Member

User ID:
    [US] 328,951,272
    PADherder:
    link
    A daily dungeon that pops up about once a week called Stars Den which is great for pluses! It is also best done in coop.

8. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Also start saving Pal points; in another week roughly we will be getting a +9 egg per roll.

JP has had two such events I think, this is our first though there's some admitted discussion whether we're skipping the JP first one (guess depends if Red Sakuya is in this one or not, think most are suggesting it's not).

9. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you both for the new info! I'll definitely start lurking the forums for more overall information. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to answer my questions. This community seems pretty darn awesome.

10. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, my experience with the PAD community has been positive overall. :) As with any community, there are the occasional jerks, but most of the time people are happy to help.

Let me know if you have any other questions or want to coop play Balboa / Artemis! I also have my Artemis up in my BF slot if you're interested, but a triangle might be better for you at this stage (where three people get together and BF each other so that you get two new BFs instead of just one, which lets you rack up more BF points).

11. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd absolutely love to, but to be perfectly honest I am totally awful at this game. You'd be essentially carrying me and I'd feel pretty bad about that. XD; I did roll a new account on my old phone just so I could do multiplayer, but it's kind of a pain leveling up a whole new account. Stam is worth it though.

12. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, I saw you pulled a Spica? Your Arteloa team is even better now. That's nuts. It takes some luck to pull a team like that relatively early on.

Ideally you'd have everything max skilled and awakened, but max skilling everything isn't always necessary for most content. I was definitely way less developed than you when I started coop and the help I've gotten since then has really helped cement my interest in this game and has propelled me to become a better player (I've definitely gotten my partner killed, and I still do it sometimes! Haha). No one expects you to be the best player when you first start coop-- it's scary and it seems like there's a lot of pressure to do well. But I've reached a point where even failure is hilarious and fun. I would be happy to coop with you as long as you're willing to laugh things off when we flub (because I'll mess up too!).

But of course, you're free to play the game however you wish!

13. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I was super excited when I pulled her 'cause it happened after you posted about her! I've been pretty lucky with this game thus far. I also got Gremory and I know she's supposed to be pretty awesome, so that's pretty spiffy. I am definitely working on max skilling/+ing (currently Balboa) and I always awaken stuff. I'm just not very good with combos and figuring out teams, but if you really don't mind playing with me (just being able to use your Artemis will be great) I will add you. I definitely won't get upset at all!

Also, I never thought I'd find someone to send my best friend invite to, so I used it on my alt account. Can I still send that to you or is that permanent? The warning indicated as such, but I'm still unsure.

14. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you used it on your alt account recently, you probably don't have your BF invite anymore. Ideally your alt would have BFed you instead, leaving your main's BF available. But resets happen every four months or so, so it's not "permanent" in the sense that you'll never be able to get another one.

When you have your team fully awakened we can run some stuff! Lemme make sure I have a friend slot open for you. Artemis is in slot 1 so you'll be able to use her a few times each day if you want to xD

Edit: Can you work on max skilling your Vishnu? His skillup dungeon is currently around.

15. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It was pretty recent, unfortunately. I'll just have to be patient, thanks for the info! I am definitely working on Vishnu right now. I was pretty happy when I saw the Earth Insect Dragon dungeon finally roll around. I was going to try and keep the skill ups until Xmas since I assume there will be some kind of skill up bonus, but I can try to do it asap if you think that's better.

16. swintergreen

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No definitely wait! 4x is coming this Friday :)

17. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't know if bumping my topic again with more questions is against the rules, but I didn't see any faqs. I have a few more questions again, but I do want to say thanks yet again to all the advice and especially to swintergreen! I've cleared a ton of content thanks to your advice about what team to use.

Anyway, here are my new questions:

- Is there way to turn off tips? They drive me nuts.

- I'm pretty happy with my Balboa team right now, but I was wondering if there's any way to have more control over spawning blue orbs? I play with my alt account all the time which has a Marine Rider and that helps tremendously, but the only other options seem to be from the PAD Island Series.

- I need a Wood/Shadow card for All Attributes Required dungeons. I could make Spica into W/D instead of W/B, but I don't want to do that unless I have to. My only other options are Freyja and Hera-Beorc. However, Awoken Freyja's active skill doesn't seem to synergize well with the team.

18. Faust

Faust Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Faust
    PADherder:
    link
    1) I don't think I see the tips, so I have no idea.
    2) Unfortunately, options for producing wood and water orbs with a wood sub are really limited. Your best bet besides saving any water orbs you have above 3 and trying to clear everything else to get more to drop, is to inhert something from your water box since you have a lot of options there. The obvious ones are Karin (water/wood/dark board change), Sherias (rainbow board minus hearts), and Kundali (fire+heart->water). Unfortunately, unawoken karin's skill up mats are rare, kundali doesn't have skill up mats in NA yet because he's brand new, and Sherias's active isn't ideal because he would replace all the orbs including your wood ones. Since you have no board changers and Karin has one hell of a board, I would favor Karin (preferably awoken for the haste). Vishnu is a perfect candidate: He has great awakenings, a short cd, and an okay active. The other nice thing about this set up is that Karin's active would also be decent on a Vishnu team if you ever lead with him. The one thing to keep in mind about this option is that kundali would be more reliable (you know exactly which orbs he'll change ahead of time) and will bump your combos. You also may want Karin as a flex sub for your wood team (see 3rd answer).
    3) Your best option is actually just to reincarnate Susano when he gets here: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3387. Reincarnated Susano will have ridiculously high stats and a dark sub-attribute. The one catch is that reincarnating him will drop his level to 1 and then he'll want 16 million exp. You'll want to start saving snow globes for him since he'll be a great sub. But, it'll be a while before Susano gets here and you may need to hit a rainbow dungeon before that. If that happens, I can think of two obvious answers off the top of my head: Hera-beorc (which you mentioned) and Linthia. If you go with Linthia, her active will give you a rainbow board that includes wood and water orbs. The catch is that her active also makes poison, but you have an RCV multiplier from Balboa for healing back and Spica can convert the poison into wood. Hera Beorc is basically an enhance, so you may as well use Freyja. The other option, which, I think, is not as good as Freyja is to use the dark version of Karin on your team. Karin can't attack with wood orbs, but she'll have that awesome active I mentioned earlier and she'll be attacking when you match water. Freyja is actually a nice spike for the team and Balboa/Artemis are not the hardest hitting team, so I'm not sure why you don't like Freyja.

19. Songlian

Songlian Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I absolutely plan on reincarnating Susano when he gets here and when I looked that up I thought how perfect it'd be, but who knows when we're actually gonna get it. ~_~

It's not that I dislike Freyja, it's more that I'm ignorant about her skill. "Wood & Dark attribute cards ATK x2 for 2 turns" so does that mean ONLY cards that are W/S or any card with those elements?

Thank you very much for your advice! Kind of forgot about skill transfer since I've never done it before. Also, is there any reliable way to farm Pys? I need so many of them! I saw someone comment that the arena is best, but I haven't attempted it yet and it looks rather intimidating.

20. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    the top 5 levels in the challenge dungeons and descended challenges give you piis. the challenge dungeons get pretty hard though, but 6,7 and maybe 8 are usually not too bad. there is also the rare monster urgent dungeon, although they are not common there.

edit- by tips do you mean the prompt that tells you what a skill does when you click on it in a dungeon? cause you can turn that off. options > skills > off. this will just mean skills activate when you click them without needing to confirm it.

not sure what else you could mean?