Sheep Person Draws Things (sometimes)

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by Ovine, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    318,472,268 (NA) 255,394,397 (JP)
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi, long time habitual lurker in these murky territories here.

I saw that we got an Artwork subforum recently, and I have a bunch of PAD fanart (some from a while back; of varying qualities), so I'm trying to get over the stage fright by posting them in a more public place on the internet. Hope you guys'll enjoy.

In no particular order:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Marth

Marth Villager B can fight too!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice art! Love the soft colors. <3

3. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    But...but artwork section has been around for years... Just that it was in the Off Topic section for the longest time! D:

Keep posting, don't be shy! Once you start posting you'll see yourself improving a lot! :D Annnd of course, love the artwork~ :)

4. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you! To be quite honest, though, a good deal of the reason for my current art style owes itself to the fact that I suck at inking things. Inktober might be helping in that aspect, though. We'll see.

I totally meant that I made the thread to celebrate the fact that we're no longer considered off-topic. At least partially. XD
    Was looking at my art for the last ~5 years the other day, and realized that I couldn't see any major art style improvement for the last 3 or 4 years or so, so I certainly hope that'd be the case, haha.

And now I bring to you guys... the Healer Archangels (which is a categorization I made up, but... yeah). As birds. Come on they're practically partially birds anyways.
    ...In case you haven't figured out already, I really like birds.
    [​IMG]
    Not proportional to the Real Life size of the birds that they're based on. Or their headcanon height, for that matter. :p
    Would've done the other archangels too, but 1) there aren't a lot of red or green birds to begin with and 2) I have no idea what Lucifer'd be either. If anyone has any suggestions, come at me.

I'd love to see any of them as dragons (read: some sort of combination of their canon design + the more out-there depictions of angels + feathered dinosaurs), given the point of this game, but I barely know anything about theropod dinosaur anatomy and I actually think we might see LMeta Dragon or AA Lucifer Dragon in the MP shop one day? Who knows.

5. EretaHEART

EretaHEART Waifu Quester

User ID:
    394 856 300
    PADherder:
    link
    OMG THE WATERCOLOR/SIMPLE PAINT STYLE YET THIS IS ONLY THE STROKES, THE COLORS ARE SO MUCH BOLDER!!

and and and the stuff in the op, i havent seen art like that in a very long time! its a nice break from every going for maximum detail (me included, lol) tbh i really appreciate this kind of thing cuz my "lazy perfectionism" doesnt intrinsically bars me from such elemental styles o-o

btw its okay i used to be ridiculous lurker, but this is the interwebs, so w/e m8

@LuciferDragon <= would be #1 tank confirmed
    @LMetaDragon <= (don't know where to begin)

6. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

PADherder:
    link
    Love your art!

Omg I really like birds too! And I also used to and still love sheep lol XD

7. EretaHEART

EretaHEART Waifu Quester

User ID:
    394 856 300
    PADherder:
    link
    Sheep x Cows

It's been confirmed.

8. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not sure if you're referring to the birds or the OP by "watercolor style", but the colors on the birds picture is via (Prismacolor) markers and... I don't think I consider my digital stuff to be watercolor-esque either, haha. If anything it was more influenced by all those oil paintings I've done back when I took art classes. I don't know, I feel like watercolor people are even better at combining colors and blur/smudge effects and whatnot. But thanks!

I'm not sure if LMeta Dragon'd be an majestic cotton candy bird-dragon or decent but outpaced in gameplay terms. Not that they're mutually exclusive.

Hi and thanks for all the likes so far!
    The Sheep person thing comes from my IGN (Sheep@PF), which in turn is an IRL nickname. I don't think I'm obsessed with sheep but what the hell, they're fluffy, which is always good.
    Any birds you think are awesome or would like me to check out? :p

[​IMG]

9. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    *squints*

would you happen to have a raph lead you put up on occasion?

10. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I kind of run a hypermax Raph rental service, yes.

(Hi I don't think I've formally introduced myself but you know me from your friend list already)

11. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    exactlyyyyyyy

youre like one of the guys i had on my list way back and youve been such a big help

borrowed your sakuya way back when i was getting the hang of descends

raph when i first tried rushes

[​IMG]

12. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

PADherder:
    link
    Resplendent Quetzals are my favorite :p Love birds and owls are pretty cool too. I like just about any colorful/tropical/cute bird, lol

Any amazing birds that you have?

Also lol at the Sheep x Cow GIF, that's so cute XD

13. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
  14. EretaHEART

EretaHEART Waifu Quester

User ID:
    394 856 300
    PADherder:
    link
    That gif is so cute!!!

ss iceb x nyaruko intensifies

15. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kirin's my first spike leader ever (and my first +297) and Raphael's my first god ever (...and my only god for about 3 months into the game), so they both have special places in my heart, haha. Glad to be of assistance. :)

I've been cheating on Kirin a bit by messing around with Kali, Hathor, and even her Santa self, but she'll be back in action whenever Awoken Sakuya gets to NA. I'm also guilty of not using Raph much recently aside from the aforementioned rental service and using him on my KoG team, but... split UEVOs/Awoken UEVO's are a thing, right? A girl can dream, right? (more UEVO archangels or riot I have all of them except for Lucifer now)

Quetzals are always cool. A shame we don't have Mesoamerican gods in this game.
    It's a bit weird because I have a huge irrational beef against parrots and I don't even know why. May be because they're a huge departure from the Platonic ideal of birds that I have in mind. Or because there's a feral flock of parrots in my neighborhood and they can be quite noisy. Nothing personal.

Bird recs, in no particular order:
    - Anhingas
    - Wood Ducks
    - Geese
    - You know what a lot of the Galloanserae
    - Secretary Birds, mostly because I was researching them for Bird!LMeta and I'm just starting to realize how fabulous they are
    - African Crowned Cranes

RE: Sheep x Cow GIF: saw it floating past my dashboard on Tumblr a while back, numerous times. Didn't think it'd ever come in handy but found the perfect opportunity to use it and took the chance.

16. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    split aa1 uevos or awoken uevos are a possibility

they could even tag damage reductions to their hp/rcv mults to make them tankier

but theyd have to find some kind of niche otherwise they still wouldnt be used

at the very least more awakenings to make them better subs, they all have pretty high rcv

17. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I feel like we're starting to run out of creative combinations of various multipliers, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised. If not... more awakenings are always good, as long as they're useful ones. Even if they suck you can't change the fact that I like semi-divine winged people, sorry.

Anyways, Happy Halloween to y'all and have one of the God-typed winged people who'd accuse us of speaking of the Lord's name in vain in another world or something.
    Except that has almost nothing to do with Halloween. Er, I think Michael is the patron saint of confectionery (in France), does that count as something?
    (Belated thread warning: may contain blasphemy. The OP is not affiliated with any religious denomination. Peruse at your own caution.)

[​IMG]

Fun fact: back when I was new to the game and I had no idea what in the world I was doing, I saw that someone had their pre-evo Michael on, and thought that he looked like the Statue of Liberty. It's probably the tablets. And the hairstyle. So... I tried to emphasize that a bit here, except... I fail at accurately depicting character designs forever. Forgive me, but... there's just so much going on with that ribbon-toga thing. I'll try harder next time.

(And this is why I should not be allowed to autopilot thread posts at an ungodly hour. I'm going to regret this stream of consciousness, I can already feel it.)

18. Vincent Flyer PPL

Vincent Flyer PPL The Last Extreme Gamer, Latios

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well done referencing the statue of liberty. It's a place in the united States by some reason from the French

19. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The French didn't even give us enough money to assemble it D:<

Anyways, events of the day:
    - Woke up at 3 or 4 am (why did I go to sleep at 8 pm...)
    - Remembers that I had a dream about new UEVO Uriel (who I don't remember anything about other than the fact that he had white-ish orange hair. Orange creamsicle?)
    - (Also had a dream about a Modern AU game with dating sim-esque graphics in which you are Metatron and your jobs is to keep yelling at Sandy, but... not related)
    - Checks stream updates
    --> UUEVO Michael

Er, prophetic? May be? Will tone down on the rioting for now, at least.

Also figured that I should draw the highly speculative and unlikely L/W Raphael before we actually get UUEVO Raphael, and... he ended up looking like the overlord of stained glass windows. OTL
    Let's see how off my speculation ends up to be, haha. Pretty sure other people can do a better job.

[​IMG]

20. Ovine

Ovine A Sheep

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I spent way too much time on this doodle, but... alternative universe in which Raphael's head crest works like a cockatoo's.
    [​IMG]
    (This probably isn't how L/F Raphael operates, which is why it's an alternative universe, but Rule of Cool / Funny okay)

[​IMG]