Shining Goddess of Secrets Kali Guide WIP

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by darkpaladin752, Feb 15, 2015.

1. black-wolf

black-wolf New Member

Hello all

First and foremost, thank you all for your work in this WIP guide :)

Second I've just rolled my LKali this godfest and finnaly I have a 25x lead :D
    As far as I can see I already have two subs for her, LMeta(2x) and Fuma(2x).

I've played around with LKali, LMeta, GodValk,Fuma,Chibi Tsuku(has TPA :)) with LKali friend in corridors and got really surprised how fun it is to play with it :)

Do you think this is currently my best team for her, even though It still need lots of work?

Can you please look at my padherder@sig?

Thank you

2. Boom

Boom I think; everything can err.

User ID:
    375, 145, 350
    PADherder:
    link
    You feel exactly:))) how happy I was when I rolled LKali. Yes, seems good to me. Chibi Tsuku seems like a good fit, covers dark. It should work. Attempt a run with endless corridors...

3. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    Chibi yomi doesn't have time extend tho and I thought that was basically the only reason anyone ran him? Focusing on off-colour prongs doesn't sound like a great idea either.. right?

4. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    yeah main reason i still run yomi is because of the extends

granted most peeps can do without since kali already has 2 but more extends means you can full clear the board not just for activation but to prevent clogging with color leads

and moar combos means moar damage

ctw takes too long for something that doesn't have 10 floors so most of the time I feel like I'm down an active

5. darkpaladin752

darkpaladin752 Member

to be fair, TPA triggers on both element, so he does have a weak sub light TPA. Yomi is used for CTW and coverage+time extend, but is also one of the better options assuming no venus

6. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I like him for situational uses. When you need Skill Resist/Blind Resist. He also works as a L.Meta replacement if you don't have her to help clear binds.

Stats are horrid though. Guess his active helps make up for that on the boss levels.

7. darkpaladin752

darkpaladin752 Member

Some random food for thoughts:

Arcline vs Muse, which one would you run and why? I feel like this is only relevant til uvo venus comes out.

once uvo venus comes out, would you run an offensive d sub (ie arthur, dkali, or even say uvo hades for coverage) or would you rather run something purely defensive, like Ceres (ps: viability of g/d ceres?)

8. Cmpukahi

Cmpukahi Chase 志 ∞

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi! Could you update me on the friend list please? My Kali is now hypermax :D

9. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Personally I think Arcline is still the best. He's light focused meaning he'll do more damage than Muse in an ideal setup.

As for dark subs I'm stuck int he same boat. I Honestly think it would depend on the dungeon. D.Kali is still #1 I think, then Dragon Rider/Yomi. I think it really depends on the dungeon.

I'm thinking of running with Shin or Hera Sowlio since I don't have a D.Kali yet.

10. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

I dropped Arthur from my team really fast, I just don't really see the use for him. there's rarely a need for his double TPA damage anyway and his orb-change might be useful when it's max leveled, but doing so is a real drag. and even then, are we really hurting for orb change with 2-3 LKalis and a Fuma? I usually either fill my dark spot with DKali, or DIza if I need a more defensive approach. personally I think that it's easy to over-invest in damage on an LKali team, which usually either ends up in overkilling bosses or getting hurt in situations where a defensive team could've gotten you through a lot easier :p

11. DonQuixote

DonQuixote Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gotcha, I could actually run a much stronger DKali team the way my box has sorted out. But hey you work with what you got. If I were to run a dark focus team.

LKali / Persephone or Durga or Gryps Rider / Vamp / Sleeping Beauty / DD Yomi / LKali

12. Morgan777

Morgan777 Member

So I've been rocking this line up for a few weeks now and I really enjoy it so far.

Lkali
    Dkali/Lzl/GodValk/Izanagi

This last godfest I rolled an Arcline and it makes me wonder if he would be better than my max skilled Izanagi. Slightly higher burst but lower stats and no burst on Dkali. I also have a chibi valk that I am trying to whip into shape to replace my godvalk. Would he be a better sub than Izanagi in either case?

13. rkh3544

rkh3544 New Member

you would run uevo venus over lzl?

14. Lrrr

Lrrr Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8!

User ID:
    uvo venus best thing going for her is her 3 rows. rows dont really work well with a 4 combo color activation cost leader. I actually think shes better in L/D form if you want to use her.

LZL seems like a much better fit to me. TPAs, Skiller, orb enh active, --> Rskill bind <---, etc... And much less mats to evo. All of things are great on a lkali team.

15. darkpaladin752

darkpaladin752 Member

Yes I would use her over l/d venus or tsuku... my very simple reason is recharge. With the pii's, getting her to max skill is relatively easy.... on 5 turn cool down for CTW means she is almost guaranteed on f1 and for sure guaranteed by boss floor. for dungeons where I need an earlier soft nuke (hangry metal dragon in various descends), or where I would honestly clear the dungeon normally long before 15 turns (almost every not 10 floor dungeon) it is very helpful. Regardless of TPA or row, CTW means u will hit whichever of the 2 that you want. The only other ways to cover the water slot for me is a completely different sub or lmeta/water golem if I need anti bind/defense respectively.

@morgan: if your izanagi is max skilled, I would probably generally keep him due to his relatively high HP and shorter cooldown. Honestly after a certain point, they are all overkill and I would prefer izanagi>arcline. Also, with a orb enhance awakenings, he helps lzl's burst (albeit only slightly)

That said... so my default team atm is lkali, lkali, fuma... and I am trying to work out the last 2 slots. It is looking like dkali+arcline... but I am worried about having defense... so on that note, what does everyone run as their more "defensive" set up... cause I feel like that is where we differ most greatly from U&Y. They have kushi+susano... both of which are among the best "walling" subs in the game. I feel like kali really is short on HP without massive + egg investment, so some sort of x% dmg reduc is needed.

16. DonQuixote

DonQuixote Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You have Indra which is one of the best defensive subs in the game. something to keep in mind, skilling him up is a pain. Also LB Izanami if she is max skilled for defensive builds.

17. rkh3544

rkh3544 New Member

For the greek gods they all got a new skill w/ shorter cool down but less power. I'm going to guess that something similar will happen with the indian gods. Maybe indra will become more useful after his uevo, though he just got one so I'm not sure how long that will be.

18. darkpaladin752

darkpaladin752 Member

@don: indra is amazing (and iza helps), but indra doesnt cover a color which means my last slot must be b/d or d/b which is quite limiting (to be fair not that kushi for that issue is any better lawl)... I wish iza was more than 1 turn though

@rxh: not sure if I want just a shorter skill or a subtype more (anything but G)

19. Chenzi

Chenzi Well-Known Member

Just got done with the 3K Pal Machine, and managed to roll LZL and SQ. I'm assuming mini-LZL isn't very desirable for Kali since he loses the awakenings, but do you feel mini-Sun Quan is worth a slot? My current team is 2 L.Kalis, Valk, Athena, and Bodin. I could swap out Athena for SQ.

20. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    probs gotta skill him up first

18 turns is a long time