Shining Goddess of Secrets Kali Guide WIP

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by darkpaladin752, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Akinseth

Akinseth Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Blue Sacred Masks being turned into L Meta skill ups. Went 5/5. Praise be. Now I just have to level / evo her. :/

It's too bad that I ended up getting pre-occupied with something and missed out on fatty dragon for L Valk. Funny part is I was waiting all day for it, too. Still missed it...

As far as ' standard ' goes, I am just a stickler for maximum efficiency and given his widespread use, I made the assumption that he was it. However, I do agree. Just because he is " at that spot " doesn't mean I should have ignored my other potential options.

Anywho, thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

sunglassesmichael likes this.
  2. iceangelfire

iceangelfire Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pulled a kanna last godfest and threw her on Kali's team instead of Valk, holy tpa damage..... Is there a reason no one talks about her? I see almost no mention of her anywhere yet I hit stupid numbers with her and her active has haste which means multiple Kali actives in a dungeon. I guess not having a different sub attribute kinda sucks but the damage is crazy.

3. c44

c44 Probably wasting time

PADherder:
    link
    @iceangelfire she's relatively new to the scene, and a GFE; and this thread hasn't been updated in a long while.

That said, congrats! :D

Side note: anyone looking for an active Kali friend, please add me. More and more I find myself removing Ronia friends but my Kali friends are starting to thin themselves out. Cheers.

4. iceangelfire

iceangelfire Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hyper Kali in slot 1 add me!!

I guess being 6* doesn't help too, thanks for the congrats, for some reason my alt is a rare pull magnet and has most of the decent gfe's and very few of the 5* ones. I can't wait till kanna is hypermax so I can see her in her full glory!

I hope that Kali stays relevant with the new Kirin around the corner, I will try to keep Kali in slot 1 for anyone who needs a hypered one as they seem to be dwindling these days. Don't add the account in my sig, add: 350,924,354.

5. c44

PADherder:
    link
    @iceangelfire added thanks!

I'm sure Kali will have something waiting in the wings from Gung-ho, we know how they can't resist making pretty artwork sexier. She's an invaluable sub on most combo teams too, they'll give her more love long before the other two Sonia sisters :rolleyes:

6. AzureThanatos

AzureThanatos Active Member

So this is my usual LKali team though Awoken Horus subs in for DMeta sometimes.

https://www.padherder.com/user/ThanatOdin/teams/#164197

Since rolling a 2nd LKali a few weeks ago I was wondering what should she replace on the team? Considering how squishy my LKali team is Echidna is probably the best candidate for getting the boot right? I obviously need my dark subs so they can't be replaced, LMeta is my blue and bind removal expert, Izanagi brings in the big burst and with his new ult will be even better. That leaves my delay option, is having another board changer better than a few turns of breathing room or should someone else be cut?

7. c44

PADherder:
    link
    That would be the better option if you feel you need another Kali. Otherwise what you have is still sufficient. :)

Just a matter of dungeon difficulty imo. For farming I'd leave it as is, I personally don't really use two Kali actives often. Descends though I'd probably bring the third Kali as a sub, and based on binds or not drop Lmeta, bring Dmeta and open up that slot for maybe an orb changer or another utility.

8. Nexilim

Nexilim Teach me to Orb...

User ID:
    Looking for an LKali best friend, soon to be hypermaxed LKali, let me know!

9. c44

PADherder:
    link
    Friendly LKali user reminder that Halloween Diza covers the two colours Kali is missing, gives off the "weaker" of the two active skills (One turn vs three) but is still a decent defensive, and comes as a SILVER egg from the Special REM.
    IMO if you pull her she's a solid option to fill your D/B niche and frees up space for another card.

10. unlimitedx

unlimitedx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I recently rolled HKali for the needed dark coverage. How's the below team? Should I default to using SQ instead of LMeta for blue coverage when bind clears aren't needed?

LKali / LKali / HKali / Fuma / SQ // LKali

11. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    I see no downside to SQ if you don't have Binds to worry about.

Even if you do I might drop a Kali or Fuma instead.

unlimitedx likes this.
  12. c44

PADherder:
    link
    Indeed that'd be the hot ticket for farming sans binds. Four Kali's might be over kill though but in all it doesn't (shouldn't) really matter. You could also run HKali in the lead slot and grab her boosts.

I so so wanted to say grab her _ but I refrained :hilarious::p

unlimitedx likes this.
  13. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pulled 5 times in the Halloween REM hoping for Sonia or Kali.

4th roll out pops Kali! Finally have a DKali look alike though with what appears to be a MUCH bigger rack....lol!

The only downside to this? Skilling up a 3rd LKali lol!

I am looking forward to seeing how well she can handle content like C10 with the HP booster. She's like Hathor on steroids!

unlimitedx, sunglassesmichael and c44 like this.
  14. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think her bust is really that much bigger.

She's reclining backward in the UVO art, which will naturally cause her chest to flatten somewhat.

In this version, not only is she leaning forward instead, but she's wearing a dress designed to squeeze and lift her bust.

15. Diesel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lol! Now that's what I call an analysis!

16. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Once up a time I used to draw a lot and planned to be an art major... :p

17. Diesel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So with my standard LKali team shifted to use HKali as a lead I'd end up with nearly 38k HP without having Fuma hypermax and almost 40k if I did. Don't even need a shield to tank DQ Premptives on C10 if at full health! And RCV is pretty insane too with 4 Kalis in total! Crazy!

HKali/LKali/LKali/Fuma/SQ/HKali

With just a HKali and LKali pairing HP would be at 31,346. Totally doable for a F1 DQ Premptive. Might need to put in DIza though or stack some Dark Resist or HP latent tamas.

unlimitedx and sunglassesmichael like this.
  18. c44

PADherder:
    link
    I was messing with my own numbers, she's good but the focus of the team shifts colour with double HKali lead. It almost cuts the damage in half between light and dark, and you gotta concentrate on atleast trying for a dark TPA.

HKali/ Okuni/ Diza/ X/ X/ HKali might be a viable team now to focus on, I just don't know of a single orb changer for green -> dark.

Still with a single HKali (friend lead for me) I jump up 5k hp on average which is pretty good.

@Diesel you happen to be looking for another LKali friend?

19. Fen

Fen Member

Anubis is a wood-dark orb changer.
    I actually am wondering about what the perfect Hali(Kalliween ?) team looks like.
    So far running Hali/Dmeta/Claire/Anubis/Durga/friend being Lkali most of the time since I don't have many Hali friends.
    Is Diza really such a good sub ?

c44 likes this.
  20. c44

PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the Anubis reminder ;)

Diza is a good sub, her hp boost & awakenings ignore her subpar rcv, and the three turn defensive is very useful.

HKali still follows LKali's path of TPA imo. Your lineup looks good, with 4/6 TPA. Okuni (if someone has it) is another possibility with his double TPA and useful active.