Shiva Dra/ Krishna Combo

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by severinj, Mar 16, 2017.

1. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have been testing a Krishivadra in Arena 1 and it seems really effective. TPA based, HP and RCV multiplier. Less orb hungry than true double krishnas. It seems great and faster. Any thoughts on that? Any recommendation on subs? The team I am currently running is RD CaoCao, Minerva, Hino, Urd.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you are trying to conserve orbs a prong built is better. I can't do the math, but it seems like you MIGHT need an enhance of some type to get Kali past her rage point with this split pairing.

Sherufanir likes this.
  3. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Depending on the board and actives available you don't, but a Set inherit cleans her up pretty nicely.

cjo likes this.
  4. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

No advice, but I'm curious if you hit any particular sticky points. I haven't paired Krishna with ShivaDra, but I'll have to give it a try.

5. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sticking points happen from time to time and binds are obviously the issue with both Krishna and Shivadra- that doesn't change. Damage control has been tricky to get a handle on but so far so good. I'm surprised this combo isn't getting more hype.

cjo likes this.
  6. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    41k HP with double shivadra is already more than enough for A1...

I don't see the point of gimping myself by running with Krishna, but maybe for underdevelopped teams that have a hard time reaching tresholds...

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar No Longer IAP'ing

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ya HP isn't an issue in A1 for double Shiva D teams, I think this may just be another option for Krishna players w/out a Shiva Dragon to pair up with. Shiva Dragon isn't meant for traditionally end game content, he's meant for speed and simplicity and right now no one does it better.

»Çhâsé«@PG and cjo like this.
  8. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Frankly this sounds awful, you're diluting both lead's purity of purpose by combining the 2. Mostly you're just dragging down Shivadra's faceroll ease of use and static multiplier with Krishna's slow tanky active reliant baggage. I can understand wanting to speed runs up but this is not the answer. Maybe buy Shivadra with the MP we're receiving throughout this event?

graps likes this.
  9. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I look at it the other way... you get a bit of the benefits of both. I haven't evolved my shivadra yet but either way, I like the HP, rcv, and attack buff. It has a reasonable cushion if you make mistakes, makes krishna less orb hungry by focusing on TPAs, and handles soptet easily with the shiva base multiplier. With my team build, it has been more reliable and faster than double krishnas for A1. I guess the bottom line is that you guys are all dullards and I'm probably a savant.

cjo likes this.
  10. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just cleared Arena 2 with this team. Ball don't lie.

cjo likes this.
  11. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I thought the pairing sounded fun, so I gave it a go in A1. I'm not expert at A1, and I did end up dying on Kali after not juggling actives as well as I needed to on earlier floors. I wish I could say I cleared it, but for me getting to Kali isn't too bad for a first try.

Arena 1 is old hat to many forum members by now, but still pretty new to me. My favorite A1 team is Lakshmi, and my biggest source of dissatisfaction with Krishna-ShivaDra was that it played a bit too much like Lakshmi in terms of tank, stall, save orbs...so I might as well stick with the familiar. That's not really a fault in the team though.

Anyway, I just wanted to say I appreciated the suggestion and did give it a try at least once.

12. severinj

severinj Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just FYI- the team I'm running for both Arena 1 and 2 is Krishna (mori motinari inherit), RD Cao Cao, Rodin (set inherit), RHino (saria inherit just for hearts), Urd, Shivadra (Urd Inherit) and it is murderer's row. Rodin gives you 6 rows and set is on there for the Kali kill. That might help with your kali problem. Lots of synergy in those actives, a delay, enhance, heart makers, defense breaker, gobs of rows, good tpas, huge damage potential and damage metering for soptet (1 red combo pings her down and delay if you need it). I am honestly thrilled with how this team is working for me

cjo likes this.
  13. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Sweet, nice team!

Thanks for letting me know your lineup. I could build something quite similar, but it'd take a bit of investment. Right now my Rodin is bind proof and Cao Cao is covering green for Horus. I'll keep it in mind as I figure out how to juggle my red teams.