Should I bother with the new Dmeta (Megatron) or her UEVO?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Noc, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    So I've been thinking about what to do with the DMeta i recently rolled and I'm increasingly ambivalent about her upcoming evo. The issue, for me, is that I'm pretty mediocre at comboing and have next to no TE awakenings in my entire box. So if I run a dual Megatron team with a friend's Megatron, I'll generally no shield, 36x attack, and 4x HP (with no RCV multiplier). The only way I hit 7c is with some really lucky skyfall. So given this situation, the question becomes whether or not DMeta also offers value as a sub. I don't have another VDP sub and her awakenings look great (for anyone that can hit a 7c), but I can't hit 7c. To further complicate things, her active is tailor-made for her leader skill. If I run her on Kami (my usual lead), the damage from her active will mess with Kami's leader skill since she's an hp lead and give me a board I can't use because there would be no wood orbs. On the other hand, the DMeta UEVO has 3 SB, which is fantastic, and a super short cd active that's good for inheritance. The catch is that I'm not as fond of the fact that she's bindable and have 0 use for her rows.

So here's the question: Megatron, UEVO Metatron, or wait?

Link to my padherder: https://www.padherder.com/user/AltNoc/monsters/
    *My padherder is everything I currently have minus my 3 Brunhilds and Sargatanas.

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Revo Indra has 3 TE awakenings and Revo Orochi has 2. Odin Dragon has 2 who you should buy when you can. Honestly you just need to roll more. Your box is empty and are very limited on God-type subs regardless of which evo you choose. You'll have about 10-11 seconds of move time with those 3 and the TE badge. You can find a farmable sub with some as well to get closer to 12 secs. Make Mega and keep practicing.

Noc likes this.
  3. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would force yourself to play a combo lead like Anubis or Ed. It will force you to get better.

Any time I play a new leader style, it actually makes me better at puzzling in general.

Noc likes this.
  4. Noc

Noc Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you for the advice!

I'm saving up for OdinDra, although I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the radar dragon. Is Revo Indra worth evolving? I was avoiding him because he's a point of no return and I thought I would be better off with the longer shield version of his active.

The only combo lead I have is Metatron :) With just the TEs on my leads, I can barely hit 5 combos, but I suppose it's worth evolving her at least to get some practice. And maybe with DMeta's help I'll be able to get a carry for Gaia Dragon on the way to OdinDra.

5. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You can certainly wait on Indra to see what else you pull. I think it will be a few weeks still before Demta, so another GF should happen by then. A good Dmeta team will take you a long way though. Don't make any decisions until she is here and you have rolled more.

6. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would save Indra as non-Awoken. His skill is too useful as an inherit. I only made Revo Indra because I had two (I wish I had more...). Fingers are more easy to come by, and it's also a "luxury" inherit only to shore up lack of skill in most cases.

7. GatesofNov

GatesofNov Royal Blue

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wish I had dmeta, been playing for a few years and still haven't rolled her:eek:

8. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Answer would be yes. She's probably the most powerful lead in the game right now.

If you lack time extends, as someone said, orochi and indra are good crutches. Look into farming a kuromitsuha, she has 2 TE and she's free. And to an extent, give up a sub slot for time extends if you have to. Dmeta is powerful enough that you won't need every subs worth of damage until late game

Noc likes this.