Skill up advice for the unskillful.

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Playerdb, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Playerdb

Playerdb db

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know many of the monsters are used as skill ups for others but what about some of the other “lesser” critters?

I’m not the smartest person in the world (I know because the telegrams I send applying to Mensa never get a response) but some of these seem to have little or no value.

For instance: No. 828 (Goldilocks demon wearing flip flops) shares a skill with no. 586 (lightning bug pipsqueak) but neither are worth a team slot and they don’t skill up anything else.

Do I just clear out all this stuff? And if something does skill up a decent monster I don’t own should I hoard it or wait until I need it to worry about obtaining it?

2. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wouldn't clear out everything. Some skill up fodder can be used in a pinch if you're lacking a certain REM monsters. For instance, I've seen several people use the likes of Mythlits and Green PreDRAs if they're lacking a Fujin-esque skill.

Like, for instance, I don't have an attribute absorb void skill, so I skilled up one of the squirrel girls from PAD Academy, since she has the same skill as Academy!Uruka.

Playerdb likes this.
  3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If it's a 4* rarity or lower it probably not worth a space I'm in your box. If you don't have the original skill card from REM, just sell it. You'll for plenty of them in the future.

Playerdb likes this.
  4. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

semi-offtopic: Go to PADX and check for the 828 (http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=828)
    There is a phantom skillup link at third position of skill up monsters.
    [​IMG]
    It is a link to a monster no. 100828... lol...

There is some exceptions, like * and its series. They're somewhat useful for S-Rank. 2x TE/card is nice if you're a TE addict like me.

*there is another one, a dragon with books series, but I don't remember which series they are.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Playerdb likes this.
  5. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wood Text Dragon, perhaps? Tardis's skill up?

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It's just a placeholder.

7. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For the most part, you can look up skill up fodders (as they are called) on PADX or PADGuide. Skill ups are only worth it for monsters that you get from REM or collab pulls, anything else, such as 828, are useless and a waste of time to skill up because you won't use it anyway.

I wouldn't bother to hoard skill ups for monsters that you don't have. There are simply too many monsters and too many fodders to hope to match up correctly just so you can skill them up. Also, generally speaking, the more commonly used monsters that can be skilled up by ordinary monsters aren't too difficult to obtain and if worse comes to worst, -pys are an option.

This isn't to say that it's not worth expanding box space but it's not worth saving up skill up fodders for monsters you don't have in the hopes of one day getting them. There are, of course, exceptions or niche uses for some fodders (such as green PreDra) but they are far and few in between and for a new player, it won't be a concern for you for a long time.

Playerdb likes this.