Slightly confused about Jewel princess.

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Merlin, Apr 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Merlin

Merlin You want to play the game? Go ahead, pick a card.

User ID:
    Pulled a Carat a couple of weeks back and got super excited because I can finally jump on the crazy damage train... but even knowing they could put out huge damage figures I'm thinking I'm doing the math wrong.

Assuming 10 skill boosts (the most I can get on my theoretical team.) that would be a spike of 13.7 by my math, which if taken with a moderate damage output team like D-Athena, goes on to become something like 650X spike damage... and if is taken with a relatively high damage output team like Anubis racks up a mind boggling 12,330 times attack.

Am I doing this right? Have I fucked up my math somewhere or did I read something wrong?

Is this the real life?

2. GrinD

GrinD Too hard to cross and combo

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't think the 1.3 as actually 1.3 boost, because it's 1.3 x total attack. If you think in percentages it's the difference between 30% boost and 130% total damage.

So, assuming 10 skill boosts:
    1+(10 * 0.3) x atk
    1+(3) x atk
    4 x atk

It's not really intuitive just by looking at padx

philsov, wangatang0830 and Merlin like this.
  3. Merlin

User ID:
    Thanks! that was really helpful. Do you know how it works in coop? If you have it on your leader does it only register for the SB on that the team you're playing when you pull it? or your collective skill boosts?

4. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Carat works in coop for each team separate and grind's math is almost right except it's all multiplicative

10 x .3 = 3x multiplier then that times your leaderskill.

Say your friend in coop has 14 skill boosts on his side then it'll simply be

14 x .3 = 4.2x multiplier

Since you used D Athena as an example I'll use her.

3.5x for types multiplied by 2x for attacking with water and dark. This gives you 7x then we multiply the leader skills together so 49x. Then your teams carat buff with 10 skill boosts is 3x your 49x from leads so 147x

Then if your hitting with TPA or Rows and have OE the math is a little different.

All damage multipliers are calculated independently and are then multiplied with each other.

Base damage stat
    x
    Total row enhance (1 + 0.1x per enhance per row)
    x
    Individual TPA (1.5x per TPA individual cards)
    x
    Combo multiplier (1 plus additional 1x for oncolor 3-combos with +0.25x per orb for larger combos, +0.25x for offcolor combos)
    x
    Enhanced orb multiplier (1+0.06x per enhanced orb cleared)
    x
    Leaderskill multiplier
    x
    Active skill multiplier (Spike of some sort)

That's a lot right. Now say your DAthena team has subs to have 5OE awakenings and 3 rows since it should be a more TPA based team. Now for theorizing our numbers let's say DAthena is +297 and in our example you did 1 dark Row, 2 dark TPA, and three other off color combos. The dark orbs are all enhanced. And you have 3x from 10 skill boosts from Carats spike.

DAthena Base - 2996

2996 x 1.3 (1 row) x 3.375 (3 TPA awakenings) x 5 (combos 3 for on color then add .25x8 =2) x 1.84 (OE) x 49 (leaderskills multiplied together) x 3 (carat spike)

In the end she hits for 5.9mil before the carat spike and 17.77mil after the spike.

I haven't had to worry about doing the math this way in a minute and if my order is off anywhere someone will mention it I'm sure but I'm pretty confident on this.

GrinD and Scarylarry like this.
  5. GrinD

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Right, so I only missed with the 1+ part.. Makes sense, as you said, that the 1 represents the team's attack before the multiplier.
    Math + sleepy doesn't work that well lol

6. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

The part about Carat is incorrect.

Assuming 10 SBs, @GrinD is correct that Carat would give 1 + (0.3*10) = 4x multiplier.

I can confirm this because the latest JP version has the option to let you check in game for stuff like this.

7. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Sorry I didn't see that they are 1.3x and just read them as a straight 30% multiplier not adding 30% per. The rest of the math should check out.

8. GrinD

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I give up on math k

Merlin likes this.
  9. Merlin

User ID:
    hey man, you're doing way better than me.

GrinD likes this.
  10. GrinD

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just realized that since this thread the wording on the gemstone princesses's active skills was changed on PADx.

Now it states: ATK x1 + ( 0.Nx for every {condition} on the team ) for 2 turns.

I don't know if someone from there read this and changed to make it easier, but that's really neat, thanks to whoever changed it!

Merlin likes this.
  11. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Yeah that sums it up really well. Too bad it's awkward writing that out on the monster itself.