So many people quitting pad

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Phavin, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Phavin

Phavin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I haven't looked in a long time and to my friends list and to my surprise about 120 people havent been on longer than 60 days. A lot if people rank 500+ have quit, I feel so sad. Even the forums is no longer as active :sorry:

I am also getting sick of some game mechanics. Damage absorb into damage void into resolve into huge damage spike needed... is giving me cancer. Esp since I cannot seem to roll the latest and greatest monsters to keep up, spending 100 stones to get dupe after dupe after junk is painful. Not sure why I still play nowadays. I can clear up to a3 and hit 7+ combos every turn on a normal board... I feel like i am good enough but my team isn't and that is frustrating to me. Also managing absorb/void mechanics is a pita. Especially since my circle of friends who play have also quit.

Just chugging along now because of the feels and memories.

Trick95, tanpopo, MisterDrgn and 2 others like this.
  2. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Most of my friends including me have devolved into a much more casual playstyle. I do the challenges for the shits and giggles more than the achievements now (hence why I'm completely ok with skipping them outright, or stoning if the reward is actually worthwhile). 1300+ days in and i still don't have a fujin, still don't have a dkali, and I've lost the motivation to make OdinDra. Just like you, I hit 7+ combos fairly consistently, but the only team I have that still feels up-to-par is Anubis (and frankly, he gets boring). PaD has just felt kinda lackluster overall lately.

3. CeruleanGryphon

CeruleanGryphon Casually collecting critters

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I converted to non-IAP casual player a year and a half ago. I login daily to get stones for any gacha fix, but not too much luck in it, so even that is getting dull. Ive seen fewer of my friends logging in too, but who knows if they will come back.

4. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
    PaD lost its non-pay-to-win status with Fujin.

Freemium games work best when they are not perceived as PTW.

Give us useable, farmable mobs with actives needed to clear endgame. A predra with weighted stats of six doesn't count. If you don't, you are committing suicide, Gungho.

samuelburtt likes this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Must be because of Android 8.1.
    You're asking too much. Back then when Fujin wasn't around, people have been beating A3 with various leads then she pops out and people have been relying too much on her active.

There's Rushana. A very powerful card with FUA, broad range of subs pool, damage control etc

tanpopo, wangatang0830 and Arranging like this.
  6. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
    There was a time I felt myself expert on all things PaD. I less often speak out loudly against what I see as BS in this game because I've been out of the loop on true endgame for years. A3 was new when I gave up my rank 600. I haven't tried A3 since then, though I have cleared A2 a few times with 2-week old accounts. I am out of it in regards to A3+.

Every time I've rerolled Fujin is the card to get. I've had rank 900 players tell me she's the card. You can argue she's not truly ptw because she isn't - She's merely a unit 95% of teams want to make Arena farming consistent. It's pay-to-bring a gun instead of a knife to a gun fight.

tanpopo, Zaurora, Arranging and 2 others like this.
  7. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

Yeah a lot of teams can clear A3 once without Fujin. The problem is Fujin opens up A3 farming for a lot of teams, particularly current meta teams that push a lot of damage with little control. It wouldn't be bad if farming A3 wasn't a necessity, however it is the main source of killer latents which are becoming critical with increasing damage requirements. Unfortunately its not like void pierce or FUA where almost everyone has access to one, especially with viable farmables (Rush and Rugal).

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    tanpopo, Arranging and Sparkle like this.
  8. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I definitely agree with these sentiments. It's *possible* to get past sophet, Vishnuu, and HeraDra without Fujin (and how easy it is depends on what team you're running), but Fujin makes it way easier. You don't get screwed over by that extra skyfall (looking at you vishnuu with your heart skyfall "buff"). You don't have to rely on popping multiple actives, thus leaving you crippled heavily on later floors. Like, I sincerely hate the whole "damage void is just another skill barrier" argument.

This isn't to strike a blow at the people making the argument, since I see the point of it overall. Forcing players to control their damage instead of insta-bursting every floor is an interesting idea, but rather than a cool mechanic, it seems more like... cancer (I'm sure there's a better way to put it). Damage absorb just seems like a hasty response to Juggler, and a bad one at that. If you look at later mechanics that came after it, those were actually interesting. Resolve doesn't fuck you over with just 1-2 more skyfall (depends on the team, but usually), damage void doesn't heal the damn thing back to full. Even the new awakenings used to combat these mechanics were interesting. 3x3 blocks and columns are puzzles, not just some active that you pop every, what, 25 turns?

If I were to trace back to when I started losing interest in PaD, it was definitely around when damage absorbs came out, and my interest started nosediving when Fujin became Gung-ho's excuse to release damage absorb mixed with additional shitty mechanics. It's not something that Gung-ho can really fix anymore, and I'm pretty sure they recognize how they fucked up (I think HeraDrag was the last damage absorb mob they released? There's MechAthena too, but she's the *only* one that pops up in that dungeon), but I highly doubt anything they do past this point is going to bring poor, Fujinless, souls back into this game outside of flat out gifting us Fujin (like a pick a 6* event or a farmable, downgraded fujin (my preference) ) and even then it might be too late.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No Fujin active and no strong pixel card equal no motivation to bother farming A3. I cleared it once with Amemina x Arondight to prove to myself that I could and now I'm done.

Like others have posted, I can take or leave OSCs depending on my mood. A4 and Colo sound more like forms of torture than fun. Remixed dungeons like the 2-sub challenges and +99 drop reward dungeons are interesting, but I've gotten lazy and just run Tardis teams solo or co-op to sweep most content. Combo Roots x DIdeal is really fun, but dual Tardis is much safer and costs less stamina since I have Tardis on both accounts.

I have the monsters for Shazel / Rushana ! Li leader swap 7x6 board shenanigans, but not the patience nor the fondness for offensive cross play style or the larger board.

There's so little new content that's legitimately challenging and not just rubbish mechanics like damage absorb or hyperinflated enemy HP and ATK.

I still enjoy PAD, but I agree that it's wearing thin.

Jph81, Arranging and Sparkle like this.
  10. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    The other thing with Fujin is that some teams can bring a friend with Fujin inherited.

That said (and despite recently rolling a Fujin myself), my interest in PAD, which was already at a low point, has waned considerably since nintendo switch got me back into console gaming.

11. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    aaaaand my interest in PAD took somewhat of a nosedive when they killed the server I play on :(

yamo, tanpopo, RageSedai and 6 others like this.
  12. Goteshi

Goteshi New Member

I think the godpool needs to be reduced. It got way too many cards in it at this point. Maybe splitting it up into collab-size pools would encourage people to roll for a desired card again.
    But honestly I'm more pissed about that 3x3 void bullshit. It forces me to play certain teams so I can actually pull off 3x3 + LS activation.

hoyun likes this.
  13. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I think the introduction of Resolve, Damage Absorb and Damage Void have collectively tanked the game. Bonus points for the overabundance of dungeons featuring all three.

The main reason is because I like to have a little bit of variety when I play and yet, when I frequently have to account for all three of those in virtually any dungeon of consequence, half of my team is already decided for me. That's not even counting the occasional need for delays or shields. And the worst part is, two of the three mechanics above require awakenings, not actives. So it's not like I have a variety of cards I can slap the right active on top of. It's bring a pixel AND an FUA or bust.

I honestly don't know what they should do at this point. This is a fairly simple game from a mechanics standpoint so they may truly be nearing the end of its lifecycle. I can definitely say I'm getting fed up with being de-incentivized from running 80% of my teams because the "I'd like to actually clear this dungeon versus waste 5 hours of stamina" part of my brain decides to pack a pixel, an FUA and call it a day.

Arranging, Murdurus and Iluvatar like this.
  14. Fendeezy

Fendeezy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This current "Godfest" makes it feel like the game is starting to fizzle. Fuujin makes it feel like the game is alienating a big portion of the player base. Lack of Collabs makes NA feel like we're not getting the full game.

15. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    So just speaking for myself, I don't see these as problems. Or, I don't see them as being bigger problems than the game has always had. People have always had complaints about the game. There have always been a few dominant teams (leaders & subs) that everyone wishes they could make, even though it would be boring if everyone did.

If anything, I think the diversity in the game, in terms of the teams people can run and the different levels of challenging content people can tackle, has consistently gotten better over the game's lifespan.

But that's just my perspective. Maybe there's something about Fujin/pixels/FUA that makes the game worse than it's been in the past for other people. Certainly I'd concede that I use Ameno a lot in harder content because it's my simplest team for fitting in pixels and FUA. And I'm more fortunate than some in terms of the options available to me.

For me, my low level of interest in the game is just something that's been building over months, if not years, and that has recently been magnified by competition from other games. I don't think that's any knock on PAD because I've played PAD far longer than any other game in my life. I'm not sure whether I'll actually quit. The thought of quitting makes me pretty sad, honestly, because this game has been a part of my life and my identity for so long. It's something I'm kind of struggling with right now (which sounds silly, but I've been playing this game since 2012).

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  16. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    I do agree with you here. And I agree with you about console gaming. I recently bought a PS4 for myself as a Christmas gift (first console Ive had since the original PlayStation). And now my gaming time is split. I still play PAD and clear all the challenges. I manage my boxes and farm when the events are good. But if there is nothing good to run, I sometimes sit at capped stamina. And that is perfectly okay with me.

Main reason PAD has an advantage over the console is that I am actually good at PAD. Battlefront 2, not so much. My lack of gaming for 20 years is painfully obvious. LOL

yamo and Hudson like this.
  17. Terreos

Terreos Active Member

I'm honestly on the edge on taking a break. Alot of days I just login to get my daily login bonus. Unfortunately my best leaders being Diablos and Ideal I don't feel like I have alot of variety when playing. Plus I feel in order to reliably do A3 with Ideal ((Atleast for me)) I need a fujin active so can not worry about skyfall trolling doing more damage than I want to against Hera Dragon and such. So playing the same dungeon over and over with the same play style over and over it's just getting old for me. If I had Yog or Kamimusubi I'd be able to tolerate the grind of A3 more since it would be more mindless.

18. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Game would be a lot less dull if they would let us clone leaders. Let me run the stupidest shit I can think of for A3 but would never find a leader friend for. Charge me pal points or 100k gold or something. The friend system is the one thing that impacts the game least on a monetary level and they won't fix it.

tanpopo, Jph81, honestrade and 6 others like this.
  19. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I was just thinking the same thing this morning.

I pulled a Christmas Gremory on Christmas Day and have yet to take her out for a spin because NOBODY ever has her up. Sure, I know she's outclassed but, as I mentioned in my previous post, I like to have some variety in my leads versus running the same thing all the time.

CloudStrife likes this.
  20. Terreos

Terreos Active Member

That's not a bad idea. would be be a nice way to test out cards as a lead or just use something that no one else uses. I definitely have a few leads i would use in such a manner.

CloudStrife likes this.