Sonia Elle tournament results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Hansey, Aug 13, 2018.

1. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FYI you can also use revo belial with cloud block SA instead of Christmas hera. Counter plus orb change takes a bit longer but still better than fua.

Got to 12% with ilm ilm belial anji ra ilmina

2. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

My alt is getting skill-bound by Ceres (it feels like) more than the 80% that I have for the team. Amusingly, I don't have the badge because I haven't yet scored better than 25% on a rankings dungeon - but I'm on pace to do so here. :rolleyes:

Fridgeboy likes this.
  3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ilmina/Avalon/Hanjo/Ilm/Melissa/Vajrayaksa

Vaedriel likes this.
  4. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had to use Paimon for the 5th SBR. FUA Saria AND Red Ilmina don't have SBR. :shifty: *EDIT* I totally forgot about using the SBR badge. DOH! Still, based on other posts I will take a gravity like Hathor to deal with FL2 faster.

@ko300zx :wideyed: I wish I could "wow" a comment instead of just "like" it. Okay, I will see if I can build that team. What is that card next to Yog? I've never seen that before. Looks like its only use is for defense break. I've got other DEF break cards to swap in.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    iddybat likes this.
  5. ko300zx

User ID:
    http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3864

Def break with 2 SBs. Any def break that takes def to 0 and has some SBs should work. Looks like Hera wasn't up turn 1 so need at least 2 like on the card above. Balboa may be the only one we have. I can't think of others right now.

Vaedriel likes this.
  6. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Glad my run was able to inspire and help you towards the prize you want. I’ve given it a few more tries myself but 132-133k is my average and peak, I figure it’s the fact that my iPad has a huge screen and it takes forever to solve my bicolor boards. Really you practice those to do em as quick as you can with the max combos possible out of each bicolor board and that’s what brings your combo average up and lower the time. Good luck if you do decide to push for the crown. If you manage to snag an Xmas Hera trade it’s the cloud and gravity in one and easily frees up another board changer, a tricolor can work if you didn’t have another Ilm in this case.

7. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    I’m sure your skill is fine. It’s the strategy that makes it happen. I only had to quickly solve two natural boards and then solve bicolors the rest of the way.

8. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Eh

Don't really have the right cards on NA to go for a super high score on this one

BurningMan, Vaedriel, pororo and 2 others like this.
  9. ko300zx

User ID:
    Hmmm, it didn't give you the 10,000 cuteness points for the baby seal.

iddybat, Vaedriel and Flandre like this.
  10. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Random question...is it better to combo all the floors minus button floors rather then swipe?

11. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Definitely, the combo average points you gain will far outweigh the time saved

Cheeseghost likes this.
  12. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    6 point bonus for bringing baby seal in.

13. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, so the only team I could build to match this video was Yog / Shivan / Hades / Ilm / Ilm and use the SB badge to have gravity up on FL2. This build is *highly* reliant on RNG generation of light orbs. I did a dozen runs (I ran though all the Yogs on my list) and the best I could do was 111K and now sitting at 25.2%. Gonna need a lot of luck to crack 16% for this tournament. :confused:

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    If you're going for 16% only, you can probably conserve orbs on your board changes rather than swiping like he does. Not sure if you tried that or not. You can also make a couple extra combos to clear dead orbs. He's shooting for crowning scores in all his guide videos so insta-swiping maximizes time. You can give up bit of that if going for 16%. Take note on the video of which floors can be killed with 1 match and conserve orbs on those floors if you've used a board change. If from your runs you don't think that's doable, maybe best to scrap it.

Vaedriel likes this.
  15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Only need two sets of light orbs on F2. If you see two sets of light orbs on F1, save Yog for F2 and just combo. Use Yog and Ilm for F3&F4, save light orbs for Ceres, Ilm for Elle.

Definitely safe for 16% to get max leveled Elle. Your move and thinking will get better from running the dungeon many times in a row. Use stone for stamina if need to. It's worth the rewards.

IMG_20180816_154913.jpg

Vaedriel and ko300zx like this.
  16. Moryce

Moryce Member

User ID:
    342 724 387
    Thank you for the inspiration
    I'm currently at 2.8%
    guess I'm safe to get my first crown :)

crown_light.png

Paul Blank likes this.
  17. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you're aiming for a crown, Yog build might be better, but have you considered Ilm paired with Ilmia instead? I feel like that build has more consistency.
    I scored ~15% with Ilm/Hathor/Ra/Anji/Enra(cloud SA)/Ilmia. Just combo at least 7c as fast as possible most floors, pop Ilm/Enra if short on orbs, Hathor for resolve floor, Ra/Anji for the defense mob floors, Ilmia for the shynee.

xer 21 likes this.
  18. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    When I used the Yog team that @ko300zx suggested I scored higher than with the Ilm team everyone is using. Both ko300zx and @sgt502 suggested I study the Yog video more, which I need to do, and I did take notes on which floors he used an AS and which ones he combo'd (and how many) plus I know I need to learn how to study the board faster, solve it quicker, and learn to trust the damage output while moving faster. I think Yog vs Ilm teams boil down to speed points vs combo points. I can't combo 10-14 as fast as I need too in order to hit 135K, so I think I need to go the speed route.

Also, in my defense, I have my kids this week and they just started school today, so my focus has been on them as it should be. I won't have the time to truly concentrate on this tournament until Friday night (when they go to their dad's) and plan to grind this out all weekend.

Tyizor and sgt502 like this.
  19. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's still time. Frankly, with Yog one needs to be fast (that's why in the video shown he doesn't care about cloud nor combo the bicolor board) and just swipe the bicolor board hoping for some luck. Need to do tons of runs (and stones) to get that one lucky run, but if you're aiming for top 16%, match two light combo on the bicolor board (do 5+ combo on Ronia to be safe) should land you safely into 16% zone.
    You can do it!

Vaedriel likes this.
  20. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, after another two dozen runs I think I really love Yog and his new recovery buff. Shivan's Devil killers are nice too. I've also made up my mind. I am going to try to get my first Crown this tournament. I'm sitting right at 13.9% and eyeballing that next tier, baby.

[​IMG]

FYI, it did take a lot of effort to just "swipe" the board and not care how it falls. That is the hardest part with this team... letting go of the puzzling and surrendering to the RNG gods.

*EDIT*

So the best team my Alt can put together is Yog / Shiva / Hades / RIlmina / Yusuke (since I have no Ilm on my Alt) and after doing about 7-8 runs, I got 120K and sitting at 16.7%. Hopefully it will hold. For my Alt, I don't care about the next tier, just want the Sonia.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    xer 21 and iddybat like this.