Specific Strat for Cave of Dreaming - Mythical

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by ArcRise, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi all,

I am getting to the point where I need a lot of Dragon Fruits to build some ultimate teams. I have tried the board on Thursday 4 times maybe, and I always get killed right away. Can somebody give me a few team ideas to try out?

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Luci/Haku/Akechi/Eschamali/Pandora. Super strong Luci team that can not only do Thursday Mythical, but basically everything else in the special dungeons tab. There are, of course, exceptions, since no one team can do everything. However, this team is really good and can clear a lot of content.

3. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, I put the team together. To be clear, do you mean FA Luci or Seraph of corruption? Assuming the former w/same colead. So, with this team, how do I get past that first board without getting killed? Do I just hope I get enough dark orbs to kill the center monster before it hits me?

4. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, FA Luci. It has to be in its Awoken form though. Do you have that?

EDIT: Looking at your PADherder, it looks like you don't. Can you do descended dungeons fairly reliably? You'll need Satan and Zeus for FALuci's Awoken form.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  5. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Not yet, that is one of the cards I am working on getting. Unfortunately, I need a lot of fruits to build the teams to get more fruits!

6. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't recall Luci needing many fruits, although his materials are pretty hard to come by. However, you probably don't need Luci for Thursday Myth. The first time I looked through your box, I missed Xiang Mei somehow. You could do this dungeon easily with:

Xiang Mei/Uriel/Uriel/Uriel/Gadius/Xiang Mei. You could also put Red Riding Hood in there instead of the third Uriel if you wanted. Just kill things before they kill you, and save Gadius + 1 Uriel for the boss. Pretty easy mode.

7. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, once I level them all up I will try that. Will that work without having ult evo Uriels?

8. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    You are right. Most of the fruits are for my all those fire rolls.

9. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ult Uriel would help a lot, but I don't think he's absolutely necessary.

10. iammeh

iammeh Back to playing on Alt. Account

Your padherder seems really out of date. There are plenty of theoretical teams on there that can beat Thursday mythical, but not sure which one you're closest with. But in general the dungeon's pretty straight forward. First 2 floors spike. 3rd turn you either need delay, fixed damage, or at least burst down everything but the tama and then just play the waiting game until it stops binding your key cards. Then 2 turns for 4th floor. IMO the least demanding of the weekday dungeons.

Trap likes this.
  11. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Iammeh, well, Thursday is the first top level dungeon I will be able to complete if I can work this out. On all the other days, I can only beat the dungeon directly below the top. I should get approximately 10 shots at it this week, but I might need another week or two to level up all these cards from PCGF.

In terms of Padherder, I try to keep the cards up to date, but the levels, etc., are not. The teams are also not current since I change them so much. If you let me know what you mean by really out of date, I will try work on it.

12. iammeh

Levels and skill levels are the most important parts. You need orb changers to ensure you can kill floors 1 and 2 immediately, followed by some way to deal with the tama on floor 3 or spike down the fruit and the flower in turn 1. Again, likely requiring orb changers to kill. Most teams at this point lacks the necessary skill levels for orb changers to be up quickly in consecutive fashion and be able to spike down each floor. Also if you don't want runs to be painfully low, you'll need to be able to get rid of the baby tama on floor 3 asap, through poison/direct damage/delay/huge spike.

For example, a Pandora team works quite well with this dungeon. Doesn't even have to be Awoken. Just regular. For example, Pandora/Akechi/Eschamali/Haku/Cecil. You'll likely need a row for floor 1. Match 4-5 for floor 2. Make a couple of rows for floors 3 and 4.

13. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Pandora/Akechi/Eschamali/Haku/Cecil. - for this team, who is my friend co-lead, iammeh? Going to try it this week.

14. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know you were asking iammeh, but it should be a friend's Pandora. Unless otherwise specified (I&I/Ryune, Thor/Saria combos) it is usually best to pair with another of whatever you're running.

iammeh likes this.
  15. iammeh

As stated above, generally speaking it should be Pandora. Although if your team can't spike down the tama and you have hypered Lucifer friends, that's also an alternative to make things faster. But use Pandora first.

Make sure your skill levels allow you to use orb changers on floor 1 and 2 if necessary and you should be fine.

16. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Well. good sign I got through the mask board easily with this team for the first time. With Pandora, when it says 4+ linked orbs, does that mean a straight line? Sometimes with a box of six (three higher, and three under), it does not seem to be doing anything.

17. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The combo can bend at a 90-degree angle, but only orbs that make 3 in a row will count. For example, you can make a 5-orb combo as an "L" with 3 on both sides, or as a cross, but you can't make a long L with 4 on one side, and a single orb sticking out, like this which will only be treated as a 4-combo:

:dark::water::water::water:
    :dark::dark::dark::dark:

A 3x2 box does count as a 6-orb combo (you should see "9.0" appear below the matches in this case), but not as a row:

:dark::dark::dark:
    :dark::dark::dark:

If your team has row-boost awakens ( :awakening23: ) on your cards, then when you make your 8-orb combo (to get the maximum 4x4 = 16 ATK from two A. Pandora leaders), it's best to have that 8 include six straight in a line, so it's counted as a row. So there are two alternatives: A "long L" that's a row of 6 orbs with two sticking out sideways somewhere (doesn't have to be on the end, but often is better that way):

:dark::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:
    :dark::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:
    :dark::dark::dark::dark::dark::dark:

...or else a row of 6 orbs with 3 more laying alongside it in the same direction (uses one extra orb):

:dark::dark::dark::dark::dark::dark:
    :dark::dark::dark::earth::earth::earth:

You could make your 8-orb combo with 5 on one side and 3 sticking out, etc., and still get the x16 ATK, but then it's not a row, and you won't get the row bonus.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    iammeh likes this.
  18. ArcRise

ArcRise Member

User ID:
    ArcRise
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, thanks. I beat Thursday's board 3x yesterday. I had to tweak the team so Cecil was active really fast. But, because the team was dark, I accidentally killed the Tamadra along with the other two, and then lost the last board. However, good progress since before this I could not even get past board one.

CURIOUSCOMP likes this.
  19. Drakylon

Drakylon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Frankly with heroes the first floor can be cleared easily with 1 row + a couple of combos, second floor dies to 4 match (with TPAs) or 5 match (without), third floor everything but the Tama dies to 16x + row, and fourth floor should be a full burst. With Pandora, the third floor Tamadra might die instantly due to the attribute bonus you have against it.

20. SaraW2019

SaraW2019 New Member

User ID:
    Rwby20
    I need help with the cave as well. Any suggestions for teams that work that doesnt require pulling from machines, but just requires grinding in the special dungeons/monster purchase?