Strongest water focused leads that can clear end game content?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Fridgeboy, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

Who are the best water leads in the game that are water focused and can clear end game content in each category? or best pairings

Meaning :

# combo
    match 3
    tpa
    row

2. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

How about the upcoming B/x Ameno ult? I've been enjoying Kundali in co-op, but you have to bring along a caddy for binds, and it's probably not truly end game. Barbara & Julie? Blue Yog (Bog)? Is the (ahem) blue wave coming?

tl;dr I have no idea.

3. Fridgeboy

Ameno is blue but focuses on light. Blue yog will be like light yog for the most part except whaledor will hit harder lol, so yes he will be strong.

I know blodin is good and blonia. Revo saras has great HP and revo amon seems good. I have both kundali but haven't tried them yet. I don't see many people using them though, only blonia.

4. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

The new B/x Ameno is 1.5x to all stats for blue and light (which I read as 'either', right?), +2 seconds move time, and 5-9x for connected orbs starting at 5 orbs, of *any* color. Which sounds great since I've got 2 Blonia and 2 Nene. I dunno why, but Blonia hasn't ever seemed like it hits as hard as Gronia, to me...

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lakshmi is good even though she only has 100x LS but she can stall forever. Need some specific subs to shine though with the recent buff to I&I she will make a stellar sub for Lakshmi. Good luck finding friend though lol.

As of right now, Beach Barbara & Julie, Mega Blodin, Clea and Beach Yog is probably the best water leads.

6. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
  7. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    How the crap has no one mentioned Leo or Zapan? Both are amazing.

Luminescent likes this.
  8. Fridgeboy

I've tried and tried for lakshmi and yea I have never found a friend lol

Zapan should be fun when I&I get their rcv buff

9. ko300zx

User ID:
    Mizutsune is already the better option for RCV. 3x RCV for 6 turns on an 8 turn CD whereas I&I is 3 turns on a 12 turn CD. Can inherit someone like Ame No Uzume onto a short base card like Acubens for a similar effect. Sitri is also a good option with 3x RCV awakenings. I bet there's something you can do with Kuroyuri as well. I&I will be ok, but isn't going to make Zapan much better than he already is.

10. Fridgeboy

well I'm glad I kept one! I have sitri, ame and I&I but no mizutsune.

11. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Reeche is amazing.

12. ko300zx

User ID:
    Good but not really water focused. She's a rainbow lead.

13. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I’m not sure what you are basing that on. One of the great things about Reeche is that you can build the team any way you like. But as far as I am aware, almost all of the best builds involve predominantly blue focused teams.

In my opinion, the ideal or best Reeche “do anything” team is:

Reeche/Ideal/Alphonse/Blodin/Jhoira/Reeche

4/6 are blue. I’d consider that pretty “blue focused.”

Some of Reeche’s other best subs are Beach Tachi, Beach Fujin, Suou, Makoto, B/R Isis, Zeta, Bloomfield, Uruka- all blue.

If you have a fully fleshed out box, there is about a 90% chance Reeche is going to be predominantly blue. It’s not mandatory to focus on blue, it just works better to do it that way if you have the optimal subs.

14. ko300zx

User ID:
    Depends what you are running. Blodin isn't needed outside of A3 or 4. Any dungeon that doesn't need VDP, another Ideal would be the preferred sub, assuming this hypothetical deep box. When VDP is needed, I'd probably use Yu before Blodin for the stronger color and the ability to take relevant killers though. Blodin doesn't take any of value, but, his base active is a bit better for the LS requirement so neither is a bad choice. Ren is a more consistent sub than Jhoira given that 10c is almost always going to require skyfall or a combo active. Also covers the FUA Alphonse would be bringing.

Deep box, I'm probably doing Reeche/Ideal/Ideal/Ren/Flex depending on the dungeon. Neither is wrong but I've never really seen much of a blue focus for her.

Knomraski likes this.
  15. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Doubling up on Ideals seems like a terrible idea.
    You neglected to put a green attribute on the team.
    You have no VDP.
    Jhoira adds a much needed heal, plus cloud resist (as her own assist), plus more fingers and SBs than Ren. And she has haste.
    You also have 3 delays on the team, which seems super unnecessary and a waste of utility slots.
    You have no shield.

I have no idea how you’d reliably beat A4 or AA with the team you suggested. You’d have an easier time dodging raindrops in South Carolina right now then dodging all the spawns that would derail you in a real dungeon like A4 or AA.

Also, when you say you’d prefer “Yu” for VDP, are you referring to Yusuke? You want to put a bicolor board change on a team that needs 4 colors for activation.

Could your team beat A1-A2? Absolutely. But so can 90% of 5* pantheon cards. It would struggle with A3 because of the lack of VDP.

Do you have a Reeche? Not having one doesn’t devalidate your opinion, I’m just curious.

I’ve ran into Reeche hundreds of time in 3P. Barring a few poverty teams, they’ve been blue focused 90% of the time. Some haven’t been blue focused and have performed fantasticly.

16. Reaper

Reaper Member

I have a reeche and I feel like the ideal team comp for her is ideal/yuki/ragdra/ren but honestly it’s just a matter of preference and the dungeon.

ko300zx likes this.
  17. ko300zx

User ID:
    If you think 2 is terrible, that's fine. It's very common on many teams but not vital. I prefaced the 2 Ideals with, "for any dungeon that doesn't need VDP." I would drop one when it's needed. On that note, VDP is useful (not required) for 2 farm-worthy dungeons. A3 and A4. A team requiring 7 combos and 4 different colors while making a VDP is not one I'd take to run them in the first place if the VDP floor was most likely to end my run. If you did want to run the team with one, it's such an awkward leader requirement that you're going to be relying on multiple actives, luck, stalling, or a combination of the three to make your VDP. There's no active that is going to safely make enough of your VDP color, while also guaranteeing 7 combos and 3 additional colors to activate the leader skill. You're better off pairing with Diablos because a single board change has a much higher chance of giving you what you need. Or, do things the old fashioned way and disregard VDP in the first place. It's not required. Last slot can cover green, although in all honesty, I did blank on it. Beach Fujin, or maybe Ragdra (god killer built) would be the last spot for AA. Enra, Tardis, Fujin, etc are all good.

A heal active is hardly needed on any team outside of maybe 4x HP teams. Nor is cloud resist. Fingers are completely irrelevant on a team with a base 10 seconds of move time. Ren or Jhoira are there for the awoken bind clear only. Their secondary effects are luxury.

Delays are also secondary to the board changes, awakenings, and the awoken bind clear that Ideal(s)/Ren bring, although the delay is still valuable. Delay is also comparable to haste. You don't need a heal active when you can delay and board change. Saying the 3 delays are a waste is like saying having 2 Rathians, which are standard on almost any AA team, are a waste because they have 2 delays. That's not why they are there, but are nice to have.

As for shields and any other actives, that's what inherits are for.

Not gonna comment on the first part if you want to make that assumption without considering inherits.

Referring to Yu Narukami & Izanagi. Has always been referred to as Yu.

Already covered the VDP part above. No I don't have Reeche and 3p is the last place I'd look for what is good and what isn't lol.

Anyways, the team can be built however anyone likes, but my original point was with a combo and rainbow leader skill requirement, there's no color focus. It just happens that some strong comps are water-based, however, this is because of their awakenings, and actives, not because of their color. In this situation, their color is arbitrary. You aren't picking them because they are or you need blue.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  18. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

Barbara and Julie are immensely popular right now in JP

They're very good at tackling the new 3P dungeon with Scheat/Eschamali as the boss since Esch has a 30 turn preemptive light and dark absorb, plus they make great use of Brigid and her triple machine killers to easily take down either boss

ko300zx likes this.
  19. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Ameno was light lead masquerading as a blue one. Now one of his ults can build blue, and it's not bad by any means

B&J is super popular as you've seen

I think Ea is a pretty solid lead. Not sure tho, and he builds rainbow typically afaik.

Jhoira (kinda cheating since she's flexible) and Reeche (paired with Jhoira)

Mega Blonia

New Ryune is underwhelming to most, but still quite capable

Revo Saras is super orb hungry but pretty decent

Revo lakshmi is always just kinda there. She can beat almost anything, but she's never the best. Can definitely blow crud up with TPA/7c focused team. Think Amatsu/Blujin/I&I and of course, Scheat. Top end base HP despite no multi, and RCV multi means happy stalling for any hit that doesn't OHKO

And an interesting pair that I think could be cool is Zapan and Awoken Alrescha. Or Zapan/Zapan. Not sure how it is in practice though

20. Fridgeboy

Revo lakshmi paired with B/X ameno. Give unbindable SA to lakshmi, ameno has box fua already. Destroy the world. Ameno's skill works off any +5 connected orb type. And +2 move time!